Best wax pot for mobile therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 51741

Reaction score
Calling all mobile therapists! Just looking for a bit of advise.
Have had my dear old faithful wax pot for some time now (longer than I care to remember!), it is your average bog standard wax pot. It gets wrapped up and popped in a thermal picnic bag to keep it warm, from house to house. However, I think it has reached the end of it's days and I am looking for a younger model!

Just wondering if anyone has a pot that maybe a little easier than mine for mobile use? My one tends to spill in-between house (if I take a corner a little too over enthusiastically!)

Any advise will be gratefully received!

Jo xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411993456.344592.jpg
This is similar to mine. I plug it in at clients houses. I warm it at home first then just top up the heat at clients

Ooo that looks good. Does that lid actually secure tightly? No spills?

I have not had any spills. ( I like to rally round the corners too)

If you use a can of wax or use the empty tins to melt your wax they have removable plastic lids which just adds another bit of protection against wax spills.

Don't fill the pot right up. Half to 3 quarters should be enough. Cover with GOOD QUALITY cling film and pop the lid on. No spillages EVER, uphill, downhill, corners...it's sealed. :)

I would advise you to go for a digital heater so the setting is automatic when plugged in (it remembers what setting you last used) and means you can't accidentally knock the temperature knob and make the wax too hot to use (did this once on an eyebrow tint & wax appointment and had to wait ages for the wax to cool down which made me late for next client :mad:).

I use a 1000cc Deo heater with Perron Rigot wax and I use the tins inside my heater, the plastic lid of the tin means I get no spills and my heater stays lovely & clean.

This is the heater I use:
Deo Digital Wax Heater 1000cc | Wax Heaters & Kits | Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd

These are the tins (the strip waxes come in tins but you buy empty tins to put your hot waxes in):
Empty Tin 800 g - Perron Rigot

I just have a bog standard wax pot with a lid, but I keep all my wax gear in a plastic storage bin so that in case there is a slight spillage it doesn't end up all over the car.

The lid has always managed to contain any major disasters, but I did hear about a mobile waxer who spilled wax all over the boot of her car. Yuck!

Oh lovely! Thank you for all the replies! Will have a look! Thank you

Latest posts

Back