Best way to advertise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy Swain

Reaction score
What is the best way of advertising? Fbook not really doing much for me. I have a cabin and thinking of doing an open afternoon, so people can see what I'm about etc. [emoji848] any ideas?

Hi Tracy - Couple of things spring to mind- first off do you know who your "ideal" customer is? I know at this stage all customers are ideal but i'm thinking more of who would really use the service you offer- once you know who that is you can start to think though where they hang out and hence where you can find them to market them. Maybe look at your best customers you already have as an example.

Other thoughts are:
You mentioned FB but do you have a dedicated FB business page? - what does your page look like?, do you engage with your viewers?, do you show examples of your work? do you offer money off, discounts or run competitions?

Instagram - Do you have a business account? do you engage? do you use the stories function? Remember to offer advice and how to videos- these always increase engagement.

Website- do you have one? having a website adds credibility to your business and allows you to showcase your skills etc.

Blogs- You need to be blogging about what your speciality is- this increases visibility, gives credibility and offers the chance for you to guest post further increasing you marketing visibility. It also positions you as an expert in your field - especially if you get picked up by other blogs to guest blog.

Have you thought about partnering with other salon owners- someone who offers something different but can market your services to their customers through word of mouth, posters, flyers, cards etc. In response you can do the same for them with your customers.

Friend/Family recommendations- take this further by giving them business cards to give out to target customers - this gets your name out and also allows you to offer a first time discount etc.

Hope some of these ideas help- remember you don't always need to spend money for effective marketing and i would always take the free route first before parting with cash.
Kim x

Latest posts

Back