Best way to charge for course of treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolci_Dolittle

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm hoping to get the Skinbase PAYG microdermabrasion in to the salon next month and aswell as doing individual microderm treatments i will be offering courses of the treatment aswell at a reduced rate but not too sure how to go about charging for the course :rolleyes:

Should i just divide the total amount by the number of treatments at the reduced rate or take a deposit before the course starts and the remainder at the end of the course?

Any help would be great.

Lauren
xxx

The whole point of a course is to make sure the client sticks to it to get the best results. The best way to do this is for them to pay for the course upfront.
I wouldn't divide the block amount by the number of treatments in it because if the client is paying each one separately, they could come for a few, pay the discounted price and just not bother with the rest of the course.
My courses are usually 6 treatments. The last one is always half price or free, so I use this as my selling point to get people interested. You could always do a treatment, then when they go to pay, tell them that the treatment the had will be free of charge if they book and pay for a course now.
If people really want it, they will buy it. You just have to be good at telling them why they need it and what the benefits are.

Thanks for that...wasnt too sure how to go about it but thought i should find out before i start doing it than getting myself all confused about how to go about it once i've got the machine in

xxx

Hi,

I agree, I do the same as Tasha 6 for the price of 5 but only if they pay for everything up front.

As Tasha says, if they want it, they'll spend - it's surprising how many people are happy to commit.

I would never ask anyone to commit before trying it though - I'll always discuss with clients how they feel after the first one and they'll often pay for the course then. Sometimes I tell them to go away and think about it so they end up doing the course from their second appt which means they'll have 7 treatments, if that makes sense. I think it's important that they don't feel pressurised into having to make such an investment and they can take the time to think about it.

Hope it goes well for you!

Latest posts

Back