Best way to clean an acrylic nail brush after using?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusion4hair

Reaction score
Anyone can advise me the best way to clean my acrylic brush?sick of buying nsi brush cleaner solution x help😁

I use scrubfresh, you can use that for cleansing the nail plate but I wouldn't mix systems x

The best way is in the nail liquid itself or poor a little bit of pure acetone into a dampen dish for minute or two then wipe clean on a piece of kitchen towel x

The best way to clean your l&p brush is in the monomer you use. Rock it back and forth in the monomer and gently wipe out on clean couch roll/tissue until the brush is free from any product build up.

Do not use acetone as this will dry out your brush and possibly contaminate it.
Hope that helps.
Rhiannon x

The best way to clean your l&p brush is in the monomer you use. Rock it back and forth in the monomer and gently wipe out on clean couch roll/tissue until the brush is free from any product build up.

Hope that helps.
Rhiannon x

Yep, agreed, this is the best way. I've never done anything else and it's always been great

I use scrubfresh, you can use that for cleansing the nail plate but I wouldn't mix systems x
This is right as far as wiping the brush whilest doing the treatment goes a lint free pad with some scrubfresh on it before dipping back into your monomer for your next bead this will help stop your monomer getting contaminated espeshaly usefull when using colors and glitters lol
and helps to keep the smell down .

if the pad is becoming perticulaly gunky with acrylic you do need to check your mix ratio .

Hope that helps.
Rhiannon x
this is also true but it needs to be said when you finish the treatment whipe out any exsess glitter , color acrylic or what ever and then put some clean fresh monomer into your dish and clean brush , roll to point or flattern and put it away flat .

cleaning in acetone can also make your bristles fall out as well as being drying / contaminating ,especially if your bristles are synthetic and not sable .... or if your brush is crimped / glued , I love CND brushes they are hand tied :)

if your brush has a big dryed in lump you can stand it in a pot of clean monomer for a few houers , wipe , repeat untill its out ,

if this is happing though you really do need to check your mix ratio .

This is right as far as wiping the brush whilest doing the treatment goes a lint free pad with some scrubfresh on it before dipping back into your monomer for your next bead this will help stop your monomer getting contaminated espeshaly usefull when using colors and glitters lol
and helps to keep the smell down .

if the pad is becoming perticulaly gunky with acrylic you do need to check your mix ratio .

this is also true but it needs to be said when you finish the treatment whipe out any exsess glitter , color acrylic or what ever and then put some clean fresh monomer into your dish and clean brush , roll to point or flattern and put it away flat .

cleaning in acetone can also make your bristles fall out as well as being drying / contaminating ,especially if your bristles are synthetic and not sable .... or if your brush is crimped / glued , I love CND brushes they are hand tied :)

if your brush has a big dryed in lump you can stand it in a pot of clean monomer for a few houers , wipe , repeat untill its out ,

if this is happing though you really do need to check your mix ratio .
We were taught that once we were finished to dip the brush into monomer, remove excess then wipe over with scrubfresh & that works fine for me :)

If u get a clump, soak it and use a nail or eyelash brush to "brush" it out, alternating soaking and brushing till its clean. When its really bad, you can add some acetone, but eventually, it WILL fray the bristles. Those are worse case scenarios, tho. Just use MONOMER after each use.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

There is some very good and some very bad advice in this thread...

Monomer - This is the only liquid that should ever come in contact with a brush!

As stated, use CLEAN monomer to clean the brush after every application. If your brush is gunking up.. Your mix ratio is too wet, which not only will wreck you brush it will lead )
to service breakdown (including but not limited to):
-Brittle nail enhancements
-cracking, breaking nail
-pocket lifting
-edge lifting
-Ruined brushes....

Most high quality nail brushes are made from Kolinsky (or similar breed) sable. This is a very high quality hair, that can damage easily. If it is exposed to dehydrating liquids (scrub fresh/ acetone, etc) then you will actually strip the hair folicle and alter it's ability to hold monomer in it's belly and between the fibres..
Which in turn makes your mix ratio harder to acheive...

If you do set product into your brush, you can soak your brush in monomer overnight, this will actually partially break down the set product enough for you to wipe it out on a lint free pad...

Cheap brushes (whilst seeming economic) can actually make mix ratio harder to acheive, therefore the clog up and get ruined much quicker... Like all good things in life, you get what you pay for..

Hope that helps clarify

I use NSI Royal Precision brush and have had the same brush for years now.

Never ever use acetone to clean your brush.
The NSI brush cleaner has been formulated to not strip the brush and ruin the brush but honestly, I have never used it, I do own some because it came in a pack I purchased but I've never opened it.

Just use CLEAN monomer after each service but if you have your mix ratio correct, you should not be getting a clumped up brush that needs excessive cleaning, it should just require a quick clean and reshape back to the shape you like to work with and wham! your ready for the next set:)

The Royal Precision is one of the most popular brushes, it is a great brush, treat it (or any brush) kindly and it will love you back:) by helping you to achieve a fab set of nails:)

On the box of my Cnd acrylic brush it says if any acrylic is in the brush to soak with monomer then wipe with scrubfresh so im sticking with what they say :)

My old brush is fine kept with new one...but my new one has been used once all correct prep on nails they are kept in cnd tin .... it now has green at the base and I have tried using scrub fresh and it has come back is there no way to save it

Latest posts

Back