Best way to curl clients extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glhnb2016

Gl hnb
Reaction score
What's the best thing to do curl extensions for my clients. My curling wand does not seem to be doing the job I want it too?

Thanks

I alway use tongs or straightners (haven't got a big wand yet) then straight curling I pin curl to allow it to set properly the once I've done the full head I start taking them out in the same order I did them it helps the hair curl better and stays for so much longer xx

Wgat tongs do you reccomend please?

I just use a set of wahl ones from salons direct just now I'm gonna get a cloud 9 wand when I have the money. For a really really tight curl I use the Lee Stafford chopstick styler it's not professional but I saw it recommended on here and I love it. For curls I also use ghds but I'm really not keen on them gonna replace them with cloud 9s at some point xx

I just use a set of wahl ones from salons direct just now I'm gonna get a cloud 9 wand when I have the money. For a really really tight curl I use the Lee Stafford chopstick styler it's not professional but I saw it recommended on here and I love it. For curls I also use ghds but I'm really not keen on them gonna replace them with cloud 9s at some point xx
Do you think cloud 9s are better for straighters too ? X

Personally yes I think ghd have drastically went downhill since they moved their factories and the owner of cloud 9 is originally from ghd. I've had a couple of shots of cloud 9s and fell in love with them I tried them in my hair and my hair lasted so much longer than with ghd. The cloud 9s glide beautifully and just seem to work really well. You'll have plenty of people who will argue that ghd is still the best but I personally think ghd is just a name now. My old salon had a load of the ghd golds in and a couple of the eclipse I really wasn't keen I preferred the originals.

Definitely try pin curling your clients extensions after curling though you might find that it helps massively xx

What's the best thing to do curl extensions for my clients. My curling wand does not seem to be doing the job I want it too?

Thanks

I use Ghd straightners.

I love my cloud nine straighteners - they also do trade discount and GHD wouldnt do that for me as only qualified for hair extensions. x

I think it depends what sort of curl you want to go for. I use and absolutely love the Nume 25mm Magic wand, I had to get it imported from USA as they're not sold in this country yet, they were on their site for $160 but I found a discount code on YouTube to get it for $39 which is absolutely amazing. And $12 shipping to uk. I ordered an adaptor plug for it too off amazon but they sent one out with it! Here's one pic I did not long ago using it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 70
I think it depends what sort of curl you want to go for. I use and absolutely love the Nume 25mm Magic wand, I had to get it imported from USA as they're not sold in this country yet, they were on their site for $160 but I found a discount code on YouTube to get it for $39 which is absolutely amazing. And $12 shipping to uk. I ordered an adaptor plug for it too off amazon but they sent one out with it! Here's one pic I did not long ago using it...
Love that curl - where did you find the code? I follow NUME on instagram and would love one of their wands x

Ignore that, just found a MY50 code and got 50% off the titan, 3 wands in one! Amazing x

Ignore that, just found a MY50 code and got 50% off the titan, 3 wands in one! Amazing x

Excellent deal, I'm going to try their straighteners next!

I have 2 diva hair wands, I find they curl hair extensions really well, I tend to use the larger barrel on extensions.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460634188.654947.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460634294.179858.jpg

Love that curl - where did you find the code? I follow NUME on instagram and would love one of their wands x
I tried to use that code and it says it's not valid :-( MY50

I use a cheaply thing from b&m! Sounds awful I know but it works amazingly!
The looser you want the curls the less time on the heat worked for me!!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460642757.416780.jpg
ive attached some pics xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460642802.089256.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460642829.826729.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460642864.197330.jpg

I use a wand from b&m it's brill I think!!! I've got the purple one! Xxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460644012.964805.jpg

Latest posts

Back