Best way to fix nails with layer problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharlie

Reaction score
Hi!

Need some advice here cos I don't know what to do!

I believe it is the current nail varnish that it's making my nails break in layers. It is getting difficult to get rid of because the layers keep getting more inside of the nail as the nails grow.

Do you think the best way is to cover them with a nail hardener only? Or to use fake nails for a while?

Amy tips/advice very welcomed!

hi there, im qualified in manicure/pedicure and my suggestion would be to have a warm oil treatment to help nourish the nails. xxx

Stop using any nail polish and use lots and lots of solar oil as many times a day as you can,
stop using nail hardeners too as this will make your nails brittle and cause more peeling,
when your nails have fully regrown they should be fine again,
once they are back to normal and you want to start using polish again always apply a base coat then 2 thin coats of colour and then a top coat, try to get some polish like creative brand and keep using the solar oil,

I removed my enhancements a week ago as preparing for an operation in a weeks time.

My nails aren't in too bad a condition but they have always been thin and layer at the free edge. I only have OPI's Avoplex Oil at home. Will this give as good as results as solar oil?

I use to apply OPI's Nail Envy to enhance growth and strength. Is it best as Loubylou advises to leave nails well alone just keep applying the oil until they have recovered?

I would recommend just using oil - hope your op goes well xxx

Your nails are made up of approx 100 layers of cells that sit on top and next to each other. Using your hands everyday causes minor trauma to the free edge leaving it frayed. Washing your hands and doing household chores.....the nails will take on the water. When the water evaporates out of your nails it will strip the natural oils away with it not allowing the cells to move over each other which will leave them dry and brittle and cause delamination (peeling). Re:fusion is a heat treatment manicure invented by Marian Newman (the uks leading nail guru). A thermo nib pen is used to reseal the layers back together and then seals the free edge hence breaking the vicious circle. Once the nail is cut or filed the seal is broken and has to be resealed until the problem has been fully eliminated. As part of Marians team I have been using this treatment on problem nails and you see the visible results immediatley.
David

Your nails are made up of approx 100 layers of cells that sit on top and next to each other. Using your hands everyday causes minor trauma to the free edge leaving it frayed. Washing your hands and doing household chores.....the nails will take on the water. When the water evaporates out of your nails it will strip the natural oils away with it not allowing the cells to move over each other which will leave them dry and brittle and cause delamination (peeling). Re:fusion is a heat treatment manicure invented by Marian Newman (the uks leading nail guru). A thermo nib pen is used to reseal the layers back together and then seals the free edge hence breaking the vicious circle. Once the nail is cut or filed the seal is broken and has to be resealed until the problem has been fully eliminated. As part of Marians team I have been using this treatment on problem nails and you see the visible results immediatley.
David

sounds interesting can you explain the process/method and the ingredients?

I have have looked at this treatment a number of times on marians/ charlesworthington website and thought that it would be an ideal treatment for a few of my ladys nails.
Looks very clever!! :)

Sorry I was not able to reply before but it has definitely helped! Best advise I've received lately!

Latest posts

Back