Best way to get new clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LILACFEMME

Reaction score
:hug: Can anyone help me I need to know the best way to build up clientelle at my home. I have tried leaflets through the doors but no joy at all apart from 1 person out of 200 houses....I do Bio Sculpture ....any ideas greatfully received....

I know its tough at the beginning, but its all about getting your name out there.
Keep going with the leaflet drop - you might get 1 call from every 100 leaflets delivered.
Target places where ladies meet - slimming clubs, schools, etc
Go to local train station at evening rush hour and give to all the busniess ladies!

Offer special offers and most of all - dont give up!!

Good Luck!

:hug: Can anyone help me I need to know the best way to build up clientelle at my home. I have tried leaflets through the doors but no joy at all apart from 1 person out of 200 houses....I do Bio Sculpture ....any ideas greatfully received....

there are quite a few fab threads on here on this very subject - will see if I can find them for you, but from what I understand word of mouth seems to be the best bet for home based salon. Do you wear your own fab nails, do you have some very willing models to promote them with their own nails?

How are you finding Bio - I love it!

edit:

Try looking at these threads:

http://www.salongeek.com/business/28153-sassy-guide-advertising-your-business.html

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/49643-advertising-my-homebased-salon.html

HTH

Hi, have you tried putting your flyers up in local shop, tanning salons and hairdressers?

What I also found useful was going through the yellow pages and getting addresses and phone numbers of florists and bridal shops etc., it's getting to the wedding season now.

Don't get too despondent if you don't get to many replies at first, keep on trying.
The biz section in the forum has loads of fantastic advice, good luck hun :)

Make sure your nails always look lovely,take buisness cards where ever you go and most importantly have faith :hug:

ps welcome aboard :D

hello lilac!!!

Leaflet drops usually generate 1-2% feedback so it did work. Word of mouth is always the best way to get clients or try a recommend a friend scheme. What about a loyalty offer until you get off the ground??
good luck.

lublu xxxx

You have a good product and you should get clients reffered from your distributor to push you along.

Maybe do an advert about bio and offer a free nail demo so clients know what it is and how different it is from a normal nail colour, those who come for a demo you can offer a discount on this.

Do a letter and send it off to travel agents, shops, jewellers etc introducing yourself and explaining the treatment and how it would benefit them.

Are you near any call centres? If you get in touch with them they may offer you to do a talk and a demo - some of these call centres also like to have a therapist/nail tech go in every now & then to do treatments. I know Barclays here have its own beauty room for a therapist to visit.

That's great advice Pazzy, never thought about doing talks, demos etc. fab :hug:

:smack:Yeah I also do R.A.F scheme, recommend a friend! I tell all my clients that they will receive £5 off their next nail treatment for each new client they recommend. Some even carry my cards around with them and put their names on the back just to make sure! It has proved very effective!!

Good luck.

do a school fair, i am shattered clients coming out all over:lol:

I used to do a morning a week at the nursery for the mums (i was dropping my son off anyway) and split the profits with the nursery fund...didnt necessarily make much but made sure everyone filled in record cards for future mailshots...amazing how many grannies, aunties etc suddenly started to collect the kids, plus then you get mentioned in the local press or nursery newsletter for all your fundraising help!

Have a look at my article that was mentioned above, it really is worth a read! (even if I say so myself!)

The thing about advertising is you have to put in the gruntwork! It is always hard to justify to yourself shelling out money on something that isn't tangible and that we can't keep and don't know if it will work. However particularly when you first start you have to get your name seen in as many places as you can, this will help is you have a recognisable logo. When I first started I advertised everywhere - leaflet drops, shop windows, shops, newspapers, getting friends and family to give leaflets to all their friends ... and so on.

Getting new clients is one of the hardest things we, as the newly self employed, face. You will only get them by sheer hard work and making sure you have provision in your start up costs to spend money on getting a good advertising campaign going. Sadly this is the thing that most new businesses forget to factor in to their business plan and yet you could be the best nail tech in the world, but no one will come if they haven't heard about you!

Remember we all know the likes of Coca Cola and McDonalds, and I dread to think what their advertising budget is! But if they didn't advertise people would forget about them and go elsewhere ... and as you are home based this is even more crucial to get your name out there. Spend the money you save on shop rent on a really good campaign. Yellow pages, the Thomson Local, and my website worked well for me ... and also the dreaded leaflet drops - but I always targetted the same houses once a month and it works!

HTH and good luck!

gee thanks for all your ideas, as a newbie myself I to am finding it hard to get my name out there. I have been doing the leaflet drop with only a minor response but it was still 2 clients (so far...) I wouldn't have had otherwise, so I'll keep pushing them through the letter boxes, leaving flyers at the local PostOffice and pinning notices on supermarket notice boards.

I'm about to start renting a room above a hairdressers. She has had quite a few people in before me, but she employed them, and they did beauty, wheras I do massage. I've heard that she has done loads of leaflet drops in the village before.

So was thinking of really wowing them by wording my leaflet effectively and make it stand out, and have such good offers that they will be beating down my door.

Sounds very positive, but I've come to a standstill with ideas. What should I put? What offer would tempt people to come and try me?

I've heard before that you should never start your advert with your company name, but put if further down the ad. You should start off with a question or an offer that makes people stop, think and (most importantly) WANT!

So offers gratefully received.

I'm about to start renting a room above a hairdressers. She has had quite a few people in before me, but she employed them, and they did beauty, wheras I do massage. I've heard that she has done loads of leaflet drops in the village before.

So was thinking of really wowing them by wording my leaflet effectively and make it stand out, and have such good offers that they will be beating down my door.

Sounds very positive, but I've come to a standstill with ideas. What should I put? What offer would tempt people to come and try me?

I've heard before that you should never start your advert with your company name, but put if further down the ad. You should start off with a question or an offer that makes people stop, think and (most importantly) WANT!

So offers gratefully received.

Just an idea, as I am not too sure what holistic massage involves. You could start with something like; Are you stressed? Feeling tired? Need to feel relaxed and rejuvenated? Then read on we can help you...........

Or even going back to my first sentence; What is holistic therapy? Then do a blurb about what it involves etc.

Thats probably not very helpful but just an idea :)

now fifitrix, I woke up this morning and thought:

I should start the flyer with tired? stressed? etc, so hey! great minds think alike!

thanks, both comments are helpful, as many people don't know what HOLISTIC means. Because I;m in the 'trade' I assume everyone is at the same wavelength as me.

I've been looking at the vistaprint templates and may possibly use one of those to make an impact. Also thinking of making up a tee-shirt and wearing it as I do a postal drop.

Latest posts

Back