Best way to promote beauty room at a gym?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley_d

Reaction score
Hi. I have recently opened a beauty room at new Gym and am finding it very quiet. I was hoping for some advice from other geeks who have rooms at Gyms and how you promote your room. So far I have handed out flyers round the Gym, the local houses, posters on the notice boards, sent out a mail shot to all members and staff with this months special offer but business is still very slow. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Shelley X

How about teaming up with a personal trainer to refer clients to one another? (it worked very well for me and now I am marrying him!) ;) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I will give that a go Haylo, there are plenty of them at the Gym. One night next week when the Gym is busy I'm going to set a table up near the entrance and offer a free hand massage or something simple to try and get more awareness because I have noticed that a lot of the people just go straight upstairs to the Gym and don't even know that I'm yet, my room is tucked away in a corner and I'm also going to put a cabinet near the main Gym and put some retail products in it and a price list etc. The manager has also suggested putting my spray tan tent up there and making a display to grab peoples attention. Other ideas I have thought about to try and create a USP is to open on Sundays and have 2 or 3 late nights! X :)

Are you advertised (price lists, offers) in the new members/starter packs? Also when the the gym team are showing new people/potential new people around the gym facilities do they tell people about you?

I sometimes used to loiter outside the studios before classes (pretend to be changing displays and things) just to talk to people or give out samples. teaming up with a personsl trainer or class instructor is a brill idea too.

Good luck xxxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I will give that a go Haylo, there are plenty of them at the Gym. One night next week when the Gym is busy I'm going to set a table up near the entrance and offer a free hand massage or something simple to try and get more awareness because I have noticed that a lot of the people just go straight upstairs to the Gym and don't even know that I'm yet, my room is tucked away in a corner and I'm also going to put a cabinet near the main Gym and put some retail products in it and a price list etc. The manager has also suggested putting my spray tan tent up there and making a display to grab peoples attention. Other ideas I have thought about to try and create a USP is to open on Sundays and have 2 or 3 late nights! X :)

I was located in a gym for almost 2years, it's hard to be really busy with just the member's of the gym. you really should be advertising to outside clients as well.

make sure you have info and pricelists in the locker rooms, outside your door and the the front sign in area.

ask the staff (with owners/managers permission) to promote your services. i had it where staff would recommend me to clients as they were signing in. i would then give them 10% of what ever service (first time only) that client would have.

make sure you have a voucher or promo available for new members of the gym.

have an open night for you and your room!! this helps a lot. i was in my space for 6months and people still didn't know i was there so i held an open night.

advertise to the men!! holy gosh i tell you men are the best and most loyal clients ever. put up nicely done posters of stuff you do that would appeal to men.

you do spray tanning, advertise to the men and women who do competition (or just men in general lol)

there is so much you can do to advertise yourself! the only thing i can tell you is get going during the winter on clients because this is a mad busy time in gyms. come summer it quiets down and your built up winter clientele will still come to see you. without them you may be quieter then you want.

one of the best ways and cheapest...just go and chat to people. You don't have to sell but just introduce yourself and say that you are relatively new etc. Ask how long they've been going to the gym. Maybe even offer them 10/20% off their first treatment. It's all very well just going in and advertising but you need to let the members know you are there..

The opening night mentioned above is a great idea. I used to hold monthly spa nights with a raffle, a little buffet. I would demo a new treatment etc. That always worked.

Another idea (sorry this is long...) You could find a willing male member of staff, management position is always better, and do a charity wax on him in the reception one day. Advertise it beforehand. Everyone will want to watch and have some leaflets scattered around. People can give some money and all donations go toward your favourite charity.

Do you have a sales team who show people around the gym??

But really do get friendly with all the personal trainers..they will help you. You could Offer them discount as they work there. And maybe an incentive each month for who referred the most clients etc?? x

Thanks for all the advice. I think my next move is to start organising an open day/evening.

Jen- I hadn't thought about putting some price lists in the locker room, I will get that done today.

I know that the Gym are having there own open day at the start of November so I might see about doing the charity waxing then and still hold my own open day/evening as a separate event as well. I was thinking of putting goody bags together and also putting vouchers in random goody bags for a free mini treatment, eyebrow wax, basic mani etc and in one them a £20 gift voucher towards a treatment of their choice.

The sales staff do let new members know that I'm there and I also give members 10% off at their first visit as well.

Shelley X

Thanks for all the advice. I think my next move is to start organising an open day/evening.

Jen- I hadn't thought about putting some price lists in the locker room, I will get that done today.

I know that the Gym are having there own open day at the start of November so I might see about doing the charity waxing then and still hold my own open day/evening as a separate event as well. I was thinking of putting goody bags together and also putting vouchers in random goody bags for a free mini treatment, eyebrow wax, basic mani etc and in one them a £20 gift voucher towards a treatment of their choice.

The sales staff do let new members know that I'm there and I also give members 10% off at their first visit as well.

Shelley X

definitely get involved with the open day!! Let the members see you and chat to them. Once they put a face to the beauty room, you may find them more inclined to book in!

Good luck with everything. x

Shelley X

Definitely get involved with their open day! The goodie bags are a great idea, I did these too. I put in info about treatments I do, price list, loyalty card and a 5$ off voucher on their first visit. I wouldn't do free voucher as your going to get people come for that and never come back. I would do a raffle, maybe 5£ a ticket and have a big prize.

Also have your own open day in the slower months of January February. It will get you even more exposure :)

Latest posts

Back