best way to remove polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tat1973

Reaction score
can anyone help me with the best way to remove dark polish, I tend to end up with it everywhere. Its gets all over my fingers . What am I doing wrong?:irked:
thanks for your help

If it is difficult to remove. make 10 little pads from your cotton pads by ripping them up. Soak each one in polish remover and place one on each finger. After about 20 seconds use a fresh cotton wool pad, put a it more polish remover on it, place this over each pad and the polish will slide off easily.

:lol::lol:Hi
Not the best thing to use all the time but i take it off with acetone it works great. or use polish remiver with acetone in it instead of pure acetone.

I use Hands Down pads, they're plastic backed, put the enamel remover on a pad and start with the little finger, hold the pad in place for 10-15 seconds then wipe and move on to the next nail, I do pinky nail first, then ring and index fingers, then middle finger then thumb on each hand, as the nail gets bigger you're less likely to make a mess with the removed enamel that's already on the pad.
When you're done, go over the nails with a fresh pad or lint free wipe to remove any enamel that you didn't get the first time.

hth's a bit

If you're taking it off from false nails, buff it off, so much easier!

:lol::lol:Hi
Not the best thing to use all the time but i take it off with acetone it works great. or use polish remiver with acetone in it instead of pure acetone.

This is the same method I use!!

Acetone all the way works much better !!

i use acetone...small amount on a pad and hold for a few seconds...pull down toward yourself and hey presto....also works great with glitter emamels....(which can be a real pain to remove)

Acetone is the best thing I have ever used havent touched polish remover in years. Gets EVERYTHING easy, just rub from cuticle to f/e and not back and forth thats how you get it pushed back onto the skin. If you do just go back over with a clean pad.

I agree with the hands down too LOVE them.

Acetone definatly works the best but some very dark polishes do tend to spread when you are removing them. I just wipe the nails and tips of the fingers over again with some more acetone on a clean pad if that happens.

And as for it going over your hands to, try holding your hands out like a lady at a tea party, Fingers and thumbs!!

thanks for your help I tried the pads on fingers method today(as recommended) and it was so easy and no mess:lol:
you ladies are brill thanks

Latest posts

Back