Best way to remove Swarovski crystals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CocoAllure

Reaction score
Hey all,
Other than filing, which has completely killed my blizzard board and my normal 80/100 board off, how can I remove the gems on a set that's in for a rebalance? I've used gelbond to glue them down and they are not budging for nothing! I don't want to wrap them fingers as I'm pretty sure the acrylic will start to dissolve too. And by filing I'm ruining my boards! Any tips? X

I use old nippers to remove them but they can ping off in any direction so cover them first. If that doesn't work I usually have to file or soak [emoji20]

I managed to get one off with the nipper and I don't know where it flew off, but had about 15 to get off! I think your right file and soak. Makes me feel a bit reluctant to suggest them now lol

I use my e file. Takes no time

I don't use one, I can imagine it whizzes over them no problems [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

I just file off. Files are cheapish and it doesn't take any time really.

I ruined my blizzard board trying to get them off so I tried my black board and it still was hard to get off

I ruined my blizzard board trying to get them off so I tried my black board and it still was hard to get off
Try an 80 grit? Carefully of course.

Do you just file them away? I'm thinking maybe just soak it all off less aggressive? I did spend some time filing and I started to feel like it was too much

Yes, file them down, going from low to higher grit as you go.
Soak only if you're also removing the whole enhancement.

It was a rebalance set so I would rather not soak.. Ok I'm going to try again with the file next time

I can't file them off, it makes me cringe!! Nippers works fine for me.

Does anyone use gelbond as adhesive for the gems?
@emily it's not a nice sensation at all

I've trained in using a e-file, I find this is easiest to remove them although need to be careful with them pinging all around the place, but before that I used clippers to slowly go around the edges till they just fell off but it is a lot of time x

I use Nsi polybond or acrylic, depending upon size

I was going back and forth with file to my clippers.. I've never had any problems before but it is the first time I've used gelbond to glue them down and tbh every single one of them was still there after 2.5 weeks but then obv getting them off was really hard work I ended using 4 new files and filed so much I was really flustered and I hadn't even begun yet!

At Least you now know gel bond works really well lol

I didn't find that the efile was very helpful when removing a full nail of crystals, nipping around them is certainly best way I've found :)

Ok I'm going to nip and hand file,

I didn't find that the efile was very helpful when removing a full nail of crystals, nipping around them is certainly best way I've found :)
I guess it depends on how you set your crystals. I seal them with a gel topcoat. Using the e file is more time efficient when used effectively.

Latest posts

Back