Best way to stop spots after waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carli692

Reaction score
Hey geeks
My partner is Iranian and therefore as I’m sure you can imagine has very course dark hair. I have tried everything I can think of to stop the spots coming after waxing so I’m just after some new ideas or if any of you have found a super product that prevents this?

Hi 90% if my client for waxing are your partners demographic so I understand. When you say spots please be more specific .
Which area ? And what are spots ? Do you mean pimples or actually dots red immediately after waxing the area.

Do you mean red spots?
Have you tried sudocrem? I usually get red spots, my but is coarse so that's one reason. I usually follow the aftercare routine, avoiding extreme heat, exfoliating ( i sometimes get ingrowns) and sudocrem.

Hi 90% if my client for waxing are your partners demographic so I understand. When you say spots please be more specific .
Which area ? And what are spots ? Do you mean pimples or actually dots red immediately after waxing the area.

I've noticed this on a few clients of mine too with same ethnicity (leg waxing predominantly), but never understood why. Spots like a histamine reaction immediately after waxing, but also pimples like so many tiny ingrowns. Ingrown hair preventative sprays haven't been working, nor has exfoliating. Improvement yes, but only slight. I'd appreciate any tips please and thank you!

Hi

If it’s a histamine reaction. Small white lumps then this is just the body’s reaction to being waxed. Clients can take anti histamines before waxing which can help.

To prevent small pimples/folliculitus post waxing, it is important to remind clients not to work out, sauna, jacuzzis etc, clean loose clothing breathable preferably and not to touch the area. If clients are prone to ingrown hairs a brilliant product is wax:one care which is an after cafe product containing glycolic and salicylic acid which help with skin exfoliation. Specifically good for men. Also remind clients to be gentle to the area that has been waxed. x

Hi! I think I have the product for you. Earlier this year Sweet Squared Launched Wax:one, a new generation of waxes. In their aftercare range they have a product called Care. And care it does. It is used4 days after waxing directly on the affected area that is required. It is exfoliant solution which prevents after wax spots, ingrowing hairs etc. I have been trailing this product on my 17yrd daughter who has devolped spots on her cleavage. As you can imagine, she hates it. She has been using Wax:one Care twice a day for a week, and these spots are virtually gone. She is delighted, I'm super pleased. This product contains Salicylic Acid & Glycolic Acid which are usually found in acne treatments.
It's definitely worth a try. Xx

After wax lotion after, then retail the same item. I sell one with every new wax client. They NEED it, a bit when they get home, some before before and then in the morning if needed but usually gone by then. Kim lawless once recommended hot towels years back and I’ve always done it for males that get a harsh histamine reaction, calms really quickly then follow with after wax lotion. They really mustn’t touch it as the white dots are infection..I usually make them giggle as say they arent to be stroking themselves like this *stroke legs* and saying wow I’m so smooth until the next day to prevent infection. They remember it that way. Also need to wash hands before hey apply the afterwax. Any will do but I love Kaeso and Adam and Eve.

Try Waxperts Wonder Pads. They even work on Teenage spots.

Hi! I think I have the product for you. Earlier this year Sweet Squared Launched Wax:one, a new generation of waxes. In their aftercare range they have a product called Care. And care it does. It is used4 days after waxing directly on the affected area that is required. It is exfoliant solution which prevents after wax spots, ingrowing hairs etc. I have been trailing this product on my 17yrd daughter who has devolped spots on her cleavage. As you can imagine, she hates it. She has been using Wax:one Care twice a day for a week, and these spots are virtually gone. She is delighted, I'm super pleased. This product contains Salicylic Acid & Glycolic Acid which are usually found in acne treatments.
It's definitely worth a try. Xx
Super helpful thank you as I have ordered the complete wax one kit

Latest posts

Back