Best way to tackle white hair for brunettes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francesca0278

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m a beauty geek, but hoping for some hair advice, please. I’m a natural brunette - spent my teens and twenties with super-dark, shiny hair. But from the age of 21 I started out with a white Mallon streak, which has now spread through my hair, and I would now say that I’m almost entirely white, at just turned 40. I also have naturally curly hair. Over the last few years I’ve had more and more highlights to try and reduce the visible roots that grow in and I’m now at a 10 virtually all over with 8/9 on the roots. But I absolutely hate it! It’s just not me. My eyebrows are too dark for it. The blonde has a definite yellow-tone and because of the texture of my hair now - and the spiky white bits, I can’t even wear it down.

Does anyone have any clever advice on how to approach colouring in this situation and/ or any treatments that may help with the texture?

Thanks in advance,
Francesca

Could you attach a picture as it will help us to understand your hair issues better?
You can disguise your face but it will be handy to see the outline of your face shape too.
Has the texture changed from curly?

Excuse the wild morning hair!!! But it kinda’ demonstrates my problem well

Attachments

• B3D0445B-DE0E-4BDF-91D7-46122BBCF5CC.jpeg
    B3D0445B-DE0E-4BDF-91D7-46122BBCF5CC.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 28
Have also attached a pic from last year before it was as light as it is now - but you can still see the awful texture. And a picture of what it used to be like when it was really dark.

Forget to answer: yes it's still curly but not as curly as it was.

Attachments

• hair 2.jpg
    hair 2.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 24
  • hair 3.jpg
    hair 3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back