Best way to train (beauty)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmog

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope this isn't in the wrong place and I apologise in advance if it is! I'm hoping to have a career change and get into beauty, and I was just wondering what people would recommend as a good training route? The local college have a fast-track NVQ2 which sounds good, is that a good place for me to start?

ps I LOVE this site! I've been making all my colleagues look at the fabulous nail art pictures!

Hi everyone, I hope this isn't in the wrong place and I apologise in advance if it is! I'm hoping to have a career change and get into beauty, and I was just wondering what people would recommend as a good training route? The local college have a fast-track NVQ2 which sounds good, is that a good place for me to start?

ps I LOVE this site! I've been making all my colleagues look at the fabulous nail art pictures!

When you say fast track NVQ2 how fast do you mean and what does it cover. Do you know who the governing body is?

Hi Welcome to salon geek mcmoq , NVQ s are always a good way to go ,
I would go to your college or ring them and ask them for some more information about it all though ,
good luck with your chosen career let us know how you get on :hug: x

Hi, thanks for the replies- the NVQ course is five hours a week for 40 weeks (nightschool). What sort of info should I be looking for from the college - anything that's really good/bad?

Hi, NVQ or VTCT Level 2 is a the way I went we did 6 hours a week for 40 weeks and three extra dates. dont think you can go wrong at a collage, it should cover all waxing, facials, Eye treatments (tinting, shaping etc) Mani & pedicures as well as make up. we also did tanning, eye lash perming and ear percing. Good Luck C

Hi, thanks for the replies- the NVQ course is five hours a week for 40 weeks (nightschool). What sort of info should I be looking for from the college - anything that's really good/bad?

I qualified via the fast track NVQ and would recommend it. It's hard work because much of what would normally be covered in class you will have to do at home as homework. You will also need to practice on anyone and everyone as often as possible!!

But NVQ is a recognized and respected qualification and well worth it.

Good luck.:hug:

Yay! Thanks very much everyone. I've got lots of time to research it as they only run it once a year from September. I've started practising on various people already!

Latest posts

Back