Better ways of using Facebook pages?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb78

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of you mention sharing your "Facebook pages" with each other or other people in general and then how succesful you find this. I am at a bit of a stop with my FB page - I have about 85 "Likes" on it and about 80 of those are my FB friends anyway!!

Any tips on how to spread your FB page more widely to get people to "like" it who would normally not know of you? I've done the obvious of asking people to share my website etc on their walls, but no matter how great friends are, not many people do this for you!

Any tips on how better to use my Facebook page would be hugely appreciated - I need to utilise all "free advertising" at the moment!

Thank you xx

I was thinking of searching for my clients and suggesting they like my page but I can't search on my business page so would have to do it on my personal page but then I'm not sure if it will then allow clients to view my personal page which I don't want them to do x

Yeah I've thought about that too, but from what I can tell, you can't search for people and request they like your page if it's a "Like" style page rather than an actual profile. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems.

When I did a search on here before posting my question, there was some discussion about using your business page as your main page, but it didn't go into detail and so I'm not sure what they meant - would that mean changing your business page that people "like" to an actual profile where you then request friendships instead of "likes"??

Confused!! :eek:

Watching this with interest as it confuses me too xxx

Most clients have mobiles with internets, so i get them to "log a like" whilst im doing their hair. I put lots of tips and offers on my page that clients wouldnt see without liking the page so that encourages them to do so. The more info you put on there, the more likely they are to share with friends, increasing your viral reach.
HTH
xxxx Jo

I'm also looking for more likes on my fb page. What I decide to do is to offer discount for liking my page. It seems to be slowly working. X

Great thank you - some fab ideas there :) xx

I agree it is confusing I hadn't realised that with a page you couldn't search and cross-link! I spent so long on it yesterday I actually dreamt that my likes were going up so much I was watching them scroll up like in a movie. Sad!!!!!

If its a like page you have then why not right click on the name of your page then send it to possible clients private message and ask them to like your page as Im sure you can private message almost anyone? x

I find the quickest way to get "likes" is when your current followers have someting to repost to their friends list. Why not start a mini blog or post offers and encourage your current followers to repost? Or better still.... run a competition ;) Something where people HAVE to share your post to be in with a chance of winning as well as following your page.

Thanks guys, I do post quite a bit from it (careful not to go overboard!) such as offers and news - eg, new stock or lines etc, but still only the same people re-post... people just don't do it! I'm not sure if it's Facebook overload or what, but at 80 something likes, I've come to a complete halt!! Thank you though - love the competition idea and inbox messaging people is a good one too :) xx

And pixiebeauty - you dreaming about FB made me laugh out loud... that's the sort of thing I'd dream about... it was nail polishes the other week for me!!!! Haha x

Am I right in thinking though that once you have messaged someone it allows them to view your profile even if they are not a friend.

Or can you send messages from the like page😚

I tried the re posting thing but people tend to ignore me lol! I think its because it does not give you this option when you use it on your phone (most people do) :(

Jb it gets worse - last night I was dreaming about cutting and pasting text on my website (pretty much a I did yesterday afternoon) jeez I need a better imagination!!

Tina yes I understand if you message someone from your acct they can access yours (for 24 hrs I think?) as far as I can tell I can't message people from the page - that's what I hadn't realised. It looks like I either have to get people to like it directly first or ask them via my personal fb account to like it?

I try and think about it from the customers' point of view. Why should they bother liking your page? What's in it for them? What does your customer want to see on their feed?

The other question to really consider is why you want a facebook page and what you'll get out of it.

These two questions, once you've figured out the answers, should help focus the strategy you will develop.

When I started mine, I really considered the whats and whys and it seemed to work. I have a pretty successful fb page, although its always an ongoing process!

Am I right in thinking that people who like your f/b page will then get to read all the little updates/offers that you put on there, and ongoing as long as they don't unlike you?

Sorry, prob an obvious question :o

Yes that's how it works. I've read a few different opinions on this sort of marketing saying you shouldn't post more than once a day and should mix your posts up between offers, links to articles and hints and tips. Otherwise it could be seen as spamming and people will unlike quite quickly - same for twitter x

having a business page ie a like page doesnt post onto someones news feed, they actually have to physically click to see what posts u have made, i personally hardly ever do this myself. having a friends page posts automatically t a persons news feed. take your customers details and ask if they have facebook. add them then personally write a message on their page, if you do a treatment on them, take the pic and tag them in it, if you are putting a special offer on via facebook, eg a picture of a flyer then tag your clients in it that way their friends will see it on their news feed and some may add you

having a business page ie a like page doesnt post onto someones news feed, they actually have to physically click to see what posts u have made, i personally hardly ever do this myself. having a friends page posts automatically t a persons news feed.

That is untrue. A business 'like' page still goes onto someone's news feed, that is if they have liked you page. Both exactly the same.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back