BEWARE ADVERTISING SCAM?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle De Jour

Reaction score
HI guys and girls just to let you know i recieved a phone call from some company claiming to represent some sort of child safety campaign who said i booked advertising with them back in july for a booklet which they where distributing in my area, she was phoning to check that there had been no amendments (i did no such thing!)
suey had the same phone call a week ago (with the same people i think is that right suey?) and the woman claimed that she needed to collect payment of xyz amount for the advertising which was going to be distributed in her area soon. of course suey wisely asked her to call back as she was busy and had no recollection of doing such advertising and guess what they didnt phone back :!:
I told the lady that called me that suey had recieved this phone call too and neither of us had booked adverts. when asking for her name and the name of the company she put the phone down on me :twisted: so i guess her next question would have been to me how would i like to pay?beware peeps is this some sort of scam :?: has anyone else encountered this kind of phone call? nickki jonesx :D

Hi Nickki

You beat me to it! This has now happened twice to me! They get your details from Yell.com I believe. The first call I had i heard someone in the background saying, " I managed to get ******* (expletive deleted) £150 off of him!" Charming i'm sure.

The second call insisted I had previously agreed to advertise in the phamplet and would have to pay up! Apparently it was too late to say no as the phamplet was already at the printers, and I had made a verbal agreement which was legally binding! I had no knowledge of any of this! Felt quite concerned at first, but as Nickki said i asked her to call back which thankfully she did not!

Just be careful folks, especially about calls relating to advertising, and of course giving your credit card details over the phone, unless you know the company to be a reputable one!

Sue x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back