BIAB popping off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollimyx21

Reaction score
I've used builder in a bottle with success for a few months now but I have one client who is having issues. She had had 3 applications now but they keep popping off after just one week 🤔She is following my recommendations

she has a job which involves lots of heavy lifting, so I'm pretty sure this isn't helping. But they are lifting away so easily.

At her last session we decided to remove them and return to regular gel polish which is staying put. I use the same brand for everything.

Does anybody know why the BIAB won't stay on? I do everything right and paid extra special attention to the prep
No body else including myself (I am very harsh on my nails) have had any issues.

Hmmm, as they are both gel products from the same brand, you would expect gel polish and BIAB to last the same. What's the brand? Maybe you can contact them? Do they have a user support group?

If gel polish is working well, why is she having BIAB? You can cheat the BIAB look with a rubber basecoat, maybe give that a try. If the nails are already strong, or strong enough with gel polish, you shouldn't use BIAB. Adding a strong layer of BIAB makes the nails very hard, so any bumps will put stress on the natural nail and inevitably cause lifting

Hmmm, as they are both gel products from the same brand, you would expect gel polish and BIAB to last the same. What's the brand? Maybe you can contact them? Do they have a user support group?

If gel polish is working well, why is she having BIAB? You can cheat the BIAB look with a rubber basecoat, maybe give that a try. If the nails are already strong, or strong enough with gel polish, you shouldn't use BIAB. Adding a strong layer of BIAB makes the nails very hard, so any bumps will put stress on the natural nail and inevitably cause lifting

Thanks for your reply x

We switched to BIAB because once her nails reached a certain length she would get splitting and breaking, even with gel polish. After I removed the BIAB and placed the regular gel polish over her nails began to split and break under the gel polish which I expected. But as she is my mum she was happy to see what happened.

Her nails are naturally thin and brittle but other than that they are fairly normal. I'm very newly qualified so I haven't had much experience with "problem nails". Everybody else is fine.

I'm thinking maybe trying an acrylic overlay? Or would that be a bad idea?

I'm thinking maybe trying an acrylic overlay? Or would that be a bad idea?

I'm not acrylic trained so can't advise. I think you need to go back to the brand for support. If every other client is fine, I wouldn't think it's something you're doing wrong

You could try using a rubber base first then go on with your Biab I’ve done this for a client before and it worked great, xx

Latest posts

Back