Big Blast Problem !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEBSY

Reaction score
Wot am i like,,,,,I CAN'T BLINKIN OPEN IT ! i have big problems every time i come to use it and now know to start trying to do this 20 min before client arrives!! :rolleyes: ,,,,,obviously i am getting some on the outside edges then obviously it is setting rock hard as its supposed to,i think i am being so carefull not to do this and wipe excess off as bringing brush out on the inside (still with me,am i makin sense) did mums nails yesterday and had to ask a gardener next door to open it he went very red doing this! have cleaned where it fastens but now it won't fasten again properly :lol: ,,i have in my kit a spare Blast but it is a nozzle one,never used it before and not sure how to apply it can someone please tell me,,,if only i could buy an empty one then i could put the nozzle one in it!!! oooer help me please!! :cry: DEBS.x.

Hi
I always wipe a touch of oil around my thread (not the one with the brush) & this ensures it opens every time. I did exactly the same many moons ago with a resin bottle in the salon. Client arrived, tried to open, had to ring husband to drive 10 miles to bring pliers (which I kept LOL). Stressed me out no end. Never again, I always have 2 adhesives & 2 gel brushes in my kit in case of emergencies (I was in the Brownies once LOL)

Karen

Thanks Karen good idea about the oil,,,
can anyone tell me how you apply using the nozzle blast ? :)

What is Blast ?

I'm confused I though 'blast' was a spray or a brush, I dont understand where does the nozzel come into this..

Boost is the gel resin in a nozzel bottle

Blast is the activator with a brush
Blast is also a spray

Let me know - as I have had loads of teething problems and might have been given the answer...

OOOOOOHH WHAT AM I LIKE!!
confusing you all like that,,my fault i did mean the BUILD!
it's totally well and truly stuck fast,,but in one of my kits there is a build with the nozzle applicator,,,Diane (educator) said keep this to fill up the brush one,,,well i would if i could chuffin open it :lol:
so i was'nt actually told how to apply using the nozzle one,how do you spread it over nail? cos i just don't have time to go to Leeds OSNS to get another brush on one!
Have a client at 3.00pm am still desperatley trying to open it!! :eek:

DEBSY said:
it's totally well and truly stuck fast,,but in one of my kits there is a build with the nozzle applicator,,,Diane (educator) said keep this to fill up the brush one,,,well i would if i could chuffin open it :lol:
so i was'nt actually told how to apply using the nozzle one,how do you spread it over nail? cos i just don't have time to go to Leeds OSNS to get another brush on one!

You just place a small bead of Build on the surface of the nail and spread the bead over the surface evenly using the side of the nozzle. Be careful to keep control or you can easily get the resin onto the skin.

Believe it or not, the bottles are non-clogging bottles!!! :biggrin: YOu must always keep the lid on tight. If it is loose and then topples over in a drawer or elsewhere, you will have problems. You will eventually learn to not clog your bottles. I have been using the same one for nearly a year!! It can be done.

DEBSY said:

Hi hun - meant the nozzle one you use to top up the brush one... :o god confused you will be..

Have you tried running it under warm/hot water and as your turn rock it from side to side to break the resin seal that has been created...then once off clean it up with scrub fresh...hth..

geeg said:
You just place a small bead of Build on the surface of the nail and spread the bead over the surface evenly using the side of the nozzle. Be careful to keep control or you can easily get the resin onto the skin.

Believe it or not, the bottles are non-clogging bottles!!! :biggrin: YOu must always keep the lid on tight. If it is loose and then topples over in a drawer or elsewhere, you will have problems. You will eventually learn to not clog your bottles. I have been using the same one for nearly a year!! It can be done.

Well for love nor money can use the Build in this way - and have to top-up my Brush-on Build which works fine so no problems,

But I found the nozzel to be not thin enough to get close enough to the side walls without getting it every where, or the build running away from me... :o

Roll on the masterclasses for Fabric!

GIGI thanks for your reply your a star!
non-clogging eh :lol: :lol: trust me!! i am off for a practice now with the nozzle one although sure does'nt sound as easy as the brush on!

louise i have tried everything chuck,believe me,my mum gave me this rubber thing that helps you grip to open stubborn things i have a blister already on my hand :lol: ,if i do manage to get it off i will definately clean up with Scrubfresh as you suggested,,thanks,

oh blimey louise if you can't do it that way i don't have much hope for me :eek: off for a try now,,
I asked Debbie and Diane at Leeds when the FABRIC# master classes were starting but they said it could be a while yet :sad:
i'm doing the airbrush course in Sept so got that to look forward to!

If your brush on bottle is really clogged ... do this but BE CAREFUL. You can get burned if you spill on yourself.

Take a pair of pliers and Squeeze around the cap where it screws on. Let go, squeeze and move again further round the cap until you have squeezed and broken the adhesive inside that is holding it, all the way around.

Then use the pliers carefully to unscrew the cap.

It will never be right again after this, but it may get you through the afternoon. Otherwise use your BOND brush to brush your Build bead over the nail. It won't hurt the BOnd when you put the brush back in the bottle.

OKEY DOKEY !
i'll have a look in the garage for some and promise i'll be carefull,you have sooooo put my mind at rest that i can use my bond brush!!
thankyou so much,
i've just done another thread about training in Malta,you may have seen it already,any advice on this,,,,don't worry if not cos i've thought i could phone Creative up and ask.

excellent idea - i will be doing that with my bottles from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back