Big colour change with extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
Evening!

My client is having extensions removed, complete colour change, and new extensions applied.

She is natural base 5, with lots of bleach foils through the top section.

I've attached a photo of what she would like done.

I'm struggling to find a hair ext supplier that does the ombrè, so I think I'm going to have to make them myself.

OR

Just do loads of blonde rows at the bottom and at the top do a few darker ones and razor them through?

I would like to hear everyone's views and experiences!

Thank you in advance geeks x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347483933.635133.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347483933.635133.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 260
make them yourself!! (you probably knew i would say that haha!) get extensions in the lightest colour you want at the bottom, and a handful of darker ones to scatter through to break it up. If you can bond your own hair its better to get a weft for this so the bond doesnt end up lighter than the colour you are using at the top.
The colouring is dead easy honest!! just lay them out and coat well in your chosen colours smudging well in between.
Just do a few test strands as the extension hair doesnt always colour exactly like your own depending on the brand xxx

to add - the problem i would have with doing light underneath and darker ontop is if they are tied up or blowing in the wind its going to look a bit late 90's xxx

Last edited:
Sorry not much help colouring wise but the picture looks how you've described to use blonde at the bottom and work up a few shades to the brown think that will be fine xx

make them yourself!! (you probably knew i would say that haha!) get extensions in the lightest colour you want at the bottom, and a handful of darker ones to scatter through to break it up. If you can bond your own hair its better to get a weft for this so the bond doesnt end up lighter than the colour you are using at the top.
The colouring is dead easy honest!! just lay them out and coat well in your chosen colours smudging well in between.
Just do a few test strands as the extension hair doesnt always colour exactly like your own depending on the brand xxx

to add - the problem i would have with doing light underneath and darker ontop is if they are tied up or blowing in the wind its going to look a bit late 90's xxx

Thanks hun... Was hoping you would pop up ;)

I don't have the equipment to bond myself :-(
Otherwise I would!
How do you do it?

Hair I might get in #18... That's a nice champagney blonde if memory serves me correct!
I think I'll use some kind of 6, smudged into 8.31 then leave the ends...

I'll def do strand test... Imagine messing all the hair up!!xx

Ive done this myself before using just blonde extensions. The hair was already past the collar bone in length so I coloured it darker, then added the light blonde extentions (613) through the bottom 2 rows, then the middle 2 rows mixed 613 and 22, then the top mixed 22 and 8 (more 22 than 8) I added a few blonder ones in the sides too. Came out really lovely. Then just blended with scissors.
Did that make sense......it did in me head....:eek:
anyway, it was loverly xxxxx

Evening!

My client is having extensions removed, complete colour change, and new extensions applied.

She is natural base 5, with lots of bleach foils through the top section.

I've attached a photo of what she would like done.

I'm struggling to find a hair ext supplier that does the ombrè, so I think I'm going to have to make them myself.

OR

Just do loads of blonde rows at the bottom and at the top do a few darker ones and razor them through?

I would like to hear everyone's views and experiences!

Thank you in advance geeks x

Beauty works do pre bonded ombré similar colour. You get 50 bonds 50g for about £70 I think, beautiful hair that lasts :) you should check there website x

Ive done this myself before using just blonde extensions. The hair was already past the collar bone in length so I coloured it darker, then added the light blonde extentions (613) through the bottom 2 rows, then the middle 2 rows mixed 613 and 22, then the top mixed 22 and 8 (more 22 than 8) I added a few blonder ones in the sides too. Came out really lovely. Then just blended with scissors.
Did that make sense......it did in me head....:eek:
anyway, it was loverly xxxxx

Do you have any pics Jojo?
This is going to be my easiest option... Clients always leave things till the last min, Espesh when I have a hectic week!
Stress!xx

not of mine - but this is done with the same technique. J Lo's is more subtle xxx

Attachments

• j lo ombre 2.jpg
    j lo ombre 2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 741
  • j lo ombre.jpg
    j lo ombre.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,948
Thanks Jo Jo.... She wants a real noticeable change.

I've just done a test piece and it's grabbed the tone loads, shall I just use a straight 6 or 7?

Never really coloured extensions before!x x x

Salon Services has the same celeb choice hair now for £53/pack of 50 1gr strands x

I love that colour Sarah!! How would you achieve that from full head bleach???

Yeah I think it's fab.

Latest posts

Back