Big colour change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mature novice

Reaction score
My lady has 50%white hair and 50% grey on the roots. Like the first picture. With the white badger stripe round her face.
She's grown out her highlights which are levels 6,7 & 8 ( wella koleston perfect)similar to the second picture.
The regrowth is about 3to4 inches ( more by the time she comes back in May.
The target is to get a nice soft blonde like the 3rd picture.

So, I'm looking for suggestions please as to how to achieve this in the most efficient way. She's booked in for full head highlights and CBD. Going from shoulder length to short graduated bob.

I was thinking of maybe lifting out the old tint with bleach or magma then tint the roots and tone it but we do want a highlighted effect to keep the regrowth soft, if that makes sense.

What would you do please?
Screenshot_20190323-194129_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg
Screenshot_20190323-200559_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg
Screenshot_20190323-180656_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190323-200448_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190323-200448_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 48
Ignore the 4th pic, that wasn't supposed to be there xxx

Hey :) I think what would be really great is a head of fine highlights. Doing even finer babylights on the hairline and top of head... And then tone the new colour pretty cool to match the white/grey regrowth. If you lift it quite light in foils, you should have no problem depositing a cool toned blonde to blend it in!

Hey :) I think what would be really great is a head of fine highlights. Doing even finer babylights on the hairline and top of head... And then tone the new colour pretty cool to match the white/grey regrowth. If you lift it quite light in foils, you should have no problem depositing a cool toned blonde to blend it in!
Defo agree! Pack those foils in to get an even base and tone with an Ash toner. You can always add a few lowlights along with highlights the following time to add a bit of dimension. But defo get a clean base to work on first.

Latest posts

Back