Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Oh My..!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm doing the same! I don't think non tech/beauty would notice! Lol

Agree Rinn

I'm just always amazed at the creations! Takes a lot of skill to achieve what that seamstress does. I'm not sure about the tight and skimpy outfits though.

the funny thing is even thought they dress in such revealing outfits they are really really shy and they would be all virgins getting married.

the funny thing is even thought they dress in such revealing outfits they are really really shy and they would be all virgins getting married.

I know. Hats off to that

I don't mean to sound rude but does any one know were the heck all there money comes from for all the lavish stuff? lol I know the women travellers don't work so it's just the men bringing home the bacon,
the girls never seem to go without either, like I say don't mean to sound rude I'm just curious... x

I don't mean to sound rude but does any one know were the heck all there money comes from for all the lavish stuff? lol I know the women travellers don't work so it's just the men bringing home the bacon they don't seem to go without either, like I say don't mean to sound rude I'm just curious... x

well you 'd be a brave woman if you would ask them.

All the girls always have really longggg hair with no style cut in. They musnt like having their hair cut.
I think the little girls outfits are outrageous. They're a bit too revealing and provocative.

I love your profile pic Lolly!

Hi geeks if you do a search on here big fat gypsy wedding I think it is I have written a post in the thread explaining all about travellers and the girls have a look if you are interested.

I'm a Romany gypsy but not you average no fake tan lol x

Thank you bnc.

And colleen, was your wedding like this? And do you dress like this if you go to weddings lol? X

I married into an irish traveller family.

It's totally outragous, Fake lashes, spray tans and acrylic nails on a 9yr old. The Tech doing those nails had terrible nails. How on earth can she be a professional a) sporting nails like that and b) putting acrylic on a child. That is not half of what I want to say, but mindful of keeping it clean and this is a forum for the Nail & Beauty industry I will withhold the rest ;-)

Thank you bnc.

And colleen, was your wedding like this? And do you dress like this if you go to weddings lol? X

Lmao I'm not married lol and no my wedding would not be like that and would not dress like that for somebody elses but alot of my families where a tad like that.not all gypsies do the same thing.

My mum married my gypsy dad it's his side that are gypsies there not together anymore though.

The nails on the 9 year olds was not good at all I couldn't believe it insurance would not have covered that therapist mot to mention that lol gals poor nails.that I do not agree with at all xx

As a really boring girl from Canada, I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW!!!!!!

Obsessed. I also love Geordie Shore, but that's a whole other thread. :D

I don't mean to sound rude but does any one know were the heck all there money comes from for all the lavish stuff? lol I know the women travellers don't work so it's just the men bringing home the bacon,
the girls never seem to go without either, like I say don't mean to sound rude I'm just curious... x

It's obvious - buy a caravan to live in then you have no mortgage/rent, no council tax (my 2 biggest outgoings each month) no big heating bills, furniture to buy etc, I'd certainly be a lot better off if I wasn't paying for all of that! x

Hi geeks if you do a search on here big fat gypsy wedding I think it is I have written a post in the thread explaining all about travellers and the girls have a look if you are interested.

I'm a Romany gypsy but not you average no fake tan lol x

Salon geek needs a like button lol!
I have Romany in me too but I'm far from fake.. People quick to tar with same brush hey?can say I'm not offended what people say tho, should be proud what and who you are!
I haven't seen that thread so I'm off now to have a look lol!
I've not watched it from last night yet... Was it set in Peterborough?
:) x

It's obvious - buy a caravan to live in then you have no mortgage/rent, no council tax (my 2 biggest outgoings each month) no big heating bills, furniture to buy etc, I'd certainly be a lot better off if I wasn't paying for all of that! x

Yes thinking about it! I need a caravan ASAP! lol

like I said I wasn't being rude asking it's none of my business how much they earn, just interested how they earn it, from watching the programme I know the men (workers) leave school at a young age, meaning they have no qualifications to go out & get well paid jobs x

like I said I wasn't being rude asking it's none of my business how much they earn, just interested how they earn it, from watching the programme I know the men (workers) leave school at a young age, meaning they have no qualifications to go out & get well paid jobs x

there's a lot of self made millionaires who left school with no qualifications.:D

Don't worry, I don't think anyone would think that you were being rude, it's a good point! x

Unless you're a road-sider there is indeed rent to pay.

A lady told me once how much it was for her pitch per month, and it was more than a council semi.
I'm assuming there is council tax, too, although that might be included in the rent.

Also the trailers (caravans) are very expensive to buy, to begin with.

Unless you're a road-sider there is indeed rent to pay.

A lady told me once how much it was for her pitch per month, and it was more than a council semi.
I'm assuming there is council tax, too, although that might be included in the rent.

Also the trailers (caravans) are very expensive to buy, to begin with.

If they are staying somewhere legitimate long term they will be paying council tax, but if they are always travelling or living on an unathorised site, they are not paying council tax.

Yes, the caravan may be expensive initially, but hardly comparable to buying and furnishing a house! I was not saying that they don't pay anything, just that their living expenses must be less.

Latest posts

Back