Big fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle De Jour

Reaction score
i have come across a few of my ladies whos thumbs need a bigger tip than the size 1 :? . at the mo im using velocity tips on a majority of them but they are just that bit short of a nice fit :( do they do a 1A?? or could anyone make any suggestions as to which tips i could use instead ? do other creative tips come up any bigger?
thanks guys and girls :D nickki jonesx ;)

Well nickki

It looks like you'll have to learn sculpting!

I actually bought some tips yesterday, extra large ones for thumbs or toes shock Which I got from United beauty, I think 100 were about £8 odd, (still haven't dared look how much I've spent!)

Suey x

hey suey! its on my list of to do's on the master classes but in the mean time? help lol! :D

i think star nails have just brought out some new tips for larger size nails and toenails :)

Hi Nickki
Star nails have launched the ultraform XL tips. 8.29 plus vat (sorry my pound sign is no more) product code 82101. the pack is 100 so 25 of each size. +1, +2, +3, +4. they are ideal for male clients who like tip and overlay, as well as big toes and nails. no joke. hope this helps. Theresa

Thanks for you help girls i will take a look into them although i do like my creative tips!!
as i use fabric# i would be reluctant to use a different tip (say if i'm using my velocity on all the other fingers except thumb which is too big, but a star nails tip on thumb :? does that make sense?) as it can't be covered with the application of white over the free edge like L&P pink and whites (got to get my paint on white ;) that would hide it btw whens it arriving?) , as sometimes you can tell a subtle difference of sade in the free edge if the client just wants them left natural are you with me :?:
am i being to much of a perfectionist mr geek or is the difference that subtle that its not worth writing home about? nickki jonesx

If you wanted to stick with CND tips... I would suggest Eclipse tips as they are larger than Velocity. #1 Eclipse is the largest tip CND does and should fit most of the mamoth fingers you come across.

As far as the White for Fabric#... its coming ;)

thanks sam i feel the credit card making a comeback after its busy day out at excel boy that card can shop lol (sure i could single handedly keep CND afloat with all the stuff i buy lol) just gotta love it though!
nickki jonesx :D

Hey Nickki

I made a similar posting some time ago, and unfortunately even the mighty Eclipse couldn't help me :? Anyway the marvellous Geek mentioned an alternative.............. pre design your chosen tip; cut down the middle and apply both sections snug to each side wall; you are left with a gap in the middle (just like a bunny!!). Now blend your well area like you would normally; apply a form, if necessary, and apply product as per usual, and voila perfection!!

I've just done this and realised your using Fabric (dohh!!). Call me blonde (I am :D ). Anyway, I'm still going to post it, because if anybody else is having similar problems when using L&P, it really does work!!

Hope you get better help than I've given you!!!

Dizzy Dellie :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back