Big mistake using Wella-help needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly289

Reaction score
Hello,
I feel really stupid I’ve made a big mistake with my clients hair colour..
Natural base 6, patches of grey too some 100% some 50% through top half of head.
Ends 9/10.
She wanted her roots done so I used 7/17 + 8/0 (equal parts) + 6%.
She said she wanted something not too light but not too dark. Anyway this colour is too dark for her and has an copper/auburn tone to it, around her hairline above her ears is especially dark.
She said she feels too dark and red. She is coming back on Saturday for me to fix it but I’m unsure how.
I was thinking of doing a cleanse 1 part bleach 2 parts warm water + shampoo or bleach + pastel?
We use wella at our salon. We don’t have olaplex.
Any ideas would be well appreciated!

Bleach and pastel, shouldn't be to hard. Are yoh just doing the roots?

Bleach and pastel, shouldn't be to hard. Are yoh just doing the roots?
Thank you!
Yeah Just her roots, but she also said her ends look dull now too... Do you think I'll need to re- tint after or just watch it till it lifts enough?

I'd recommend a bleach wash like you suggested just to lift -if slightly, and a Demi permanent color (Redken shades eq or pm shine Paul Mitchell) over the entire head, root to tip. In a color she desires. It will give it consistency.

Thank you!
Yeah Just her roots, but she also said her ends look dull now too... Do you think I'll need to re- tint after or just watch it till it lifts enough?
Youll have to see. Be prepared to redo it though

I'd recommend a bleach wash like you suggested just to lift -if slightly, and a Demi permanent color (Redken shades eq or pm shine Paul Mitchell) over the entire head, root to tip. In a color she desires. It will give it consistency.
Thank you!

Thanks for your help!
Hello,
I feel really stupid I’ve made a big mistake with my clients hair colour..
Natural base 6, patches of grey too some 100% some 50% through top half of head.
Ends 9/10.
She wanted her roots done so I used 7/17 + 8/0 (equal parts) + 6%.
She said she wanted something not too light but not too dark. Anyway this colour is too dark for her and has an copper/auburn tone to it, around her hairline above her ears is especially dark.
She said she feels too dark and red. She is coming back on Saturday for me to fix it but I’m unsure how.
I was thinking of doing a cleanse 1 part bleach 2 parts warm water + shampoo or bleach + pastel?
We use wella at our salon. We don’t have olaplex.
Any ideas would be well appreciated!
tint won't lift tint , thats why there saying bleach , but what i find works is a high lift tint , maybe a ash one will kill the warmth , or a neutral one which will keep warmth , it will just shift it ,,, up a level

tint won't lift tint , thats why there saying bleach , but what i find works is a high lift tint , maybe a ash one will kill the warmth , or a neutral one which will keep warmth , it will just shift it ,,, up a level
Thanks for your reply... Think I will stick with the bleach though as it's far too warm for her and don't wanna risk it not lifting enough or taking the warmth out. Don't think my nerves could take it!

Latest posts

Back