Big names

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruthie

Reaction score
Hi there

I just had a look at who was logged in and it is sooo fab when you see names that you recognise from trade mags etc - :D

You know - famous people!!! :oops: :shock: :rolleyes:

Just thought that I would throw my little starstruck thanks in for all the "big" people out there who help the "little" people out here! :oops: :p

Ruthie

Hi, Dont ever think that we are little people, the people we know have just had more luck in their life. But that does not make them any better than us or bigger.
Oh i feel better now.

Well I guess you could say that they use their opportunities wisely!

I believe that people can help to bring "good luck" to themselves, by studying, practice and hard work. I believe that people make themselves "prone" to good luck by being open to opportunities - for instance - in my current job within libraries I have been moved onto special projects and because of the experience gained there was able to go for a huge career jump and have recently been given another opportunity which could take me higher - some people would say that I had had a run of good luck BUT I could have refused any of the opportunities (I had the option to and hadn't asked for any of the changes in position), or I could have not worked as hard, and then not got anywhere! :p

As for big and little people - I was referring to them more as big names etc - I am sure that these people have not just had good luck - I think if you were to ask about the hours they'd worked, the time spent practicing, reading, learning, networking, marketing etc then you'd find that they had made the best of the opportunities presented to them. ;)

I agree that being a big name does not make them intrinsically better people - that comes from within and as we know some big names are not the better for it! :twisted: However, I do think that they are well respected and have gained a lot of insight into the profession and the challenges around it - and yet, despite obviously busy lives, they are happy to spend time helping members of this board. :D

I'm obviously sorry if anyone felt that I was labelling them as less worthy by the post - that was never the intention (as if I would have the right to do that!) :shock: :rolleyes: :oops:
I was merely thanking the far more knowledgable people who have made it "big" yet still have time for others who may (or may not!) be trying to gain more insight into a great profession. :oops: :rolleyes:

OK no more gushing! :oops: :p

Ruthie

I`m with you Ruthie, I`m sure most of us out there knew where you were coming from and didn`t take offence.
I for one put the likes of Ruth, Geeg and the Geek himself WAY UP THERE where they deserve to be in my estimation

Ruthie you hit the nail right on the head there babe.................

But also these big names, or call them personalities in the nail world that are members of this board, don't keep the how to get there tips to themselves.......................
Being a kick ass Technician!!!!!!!!!!

I for one wouldn't be where I am today without Geeg.............
I used to read about her and her Company years ago in the trade magazines and thought , now there is a smart woman........... I wonder if I get to meet her one day ????

Well years down the line................ I have met her, she took me by the scruff of my files and made me want to be better...........She inspires me.......she mentors me............... and the best thing is.............. She is my friend now..............not just a passing acquaintance, but a true friend.................but not just her, there is Mrs. Geek and The Grand Master Geek..........good friends and great mentors too..............and I love them dearly and regard them all with the highest respect.........

How did they get there.....???.......... 3 words spring to mind....BLOODY HARD WORK.......endless hours of working, researching, learning, teaching, earning the respect of the whole industry............
So it's not a free for all ride, it's hard graft.................

Then there are other big names......... Amanda Reevell, Liza Smith, Diane Plummer, Antony Buckley,Tracy Leija all names that I just used to read about........sorry if I have forgotten anyone xxxx
People that produce kick ass nails..............big names yes but also very big people as in.......big hearts....they want us to do well...... they get a kick out of other people doing well............They are all peoples people!!!!!!
Thats what makes those people BIG in my book..........

These are the people that gave me the opportunity to get where I am today.........They pushed , incouraged me, helped me, trained me.........
but most of all inspire me, to be the best I can possibly be.............
These people are there to help all of us, they give all of us a helping hand, but it's up to us to take it..............

So I don't think it's opportunity that made them big, it's the love of their profession, the passion for their profession and the passion for others to do well.................This inspires others to be the same, hence this fab network of support........which in turn gave me some great friends whom I love and respect dearly xxx
And I wouldn't have met any of them if it hadn't been for this site XXXX
So Samuel it's all your fault............

just my thoughts
Love Ruth xxxxxx
P.s Thanks Debs that was a lovely thing to say xxx

Just always been told no body is ever any bigger than you, regardless of their position. These people who help others on this site are good people who like ruth said care for others and want to see them do well. People who consider themselves to be bigger than others would not do this. So sam, sam and geeg are well known people, but not big people.
Thanks for all their advice.

Nailsinlondon1 said:
So I don't think it's opportunity that made them big, it's the love of their profession, the passion for their profession and the passion for others to do well.................This inspires others to be the same, hence this fab network of support........which in turn gave me some great friends whom I love and respect dearly xxx
And I wouldn't have met any of them if it hadn't been for this site XXXX
So Samuel it's all your fault............just my thoughts Love Ruth xxxxxx

As usual Ruth, you have wonderful and inspiring things to say. :oops: The people mentioned on this thread (myself included) wouldn't use the word big, but can understand why it may spring to mind from newbies etc. I would like to think that passion was my inspiration and I think most others would say the same!! Ruthie, it is lovely to know that some of us are inspirational to you just like we all have our own people that inspire us - for me, that would be Jan Arnold - CND co-founder, my mum 'Geeg', my husband AND ALL OF YOU!!! When my passion goes, I'll GO!!! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back