big problems with lifting !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angela1

Reaction score
hiya,

hopefully someone can help, ive been doing acrylic nails for bout 1 year tho not regular,ive noticed after a day or so they start to go white(lifting)just at the cuticle area! is this preperation of the nail plate or not buffing properly maybe wrong grit of buffer,ive just opened a beauty room and i dont want people complaining.please help as its driving me mad!!

hiya and welcome to the site....what products do you use....?

it could be (among other things) prep....not pressing enough....product to thick in zone 3.....lets start with prep..........talk us through your prep.

Don't worry with this many nail techs in 1 place we are sure to get to the bottom of it. x

As Angie said, loads of help on hand here . . . what are you using by the way, l&p or gel, which brand?

Sorry, meant to say hi and welcome as well!

im using nsi spa aroma free.

the first thing i do is push cuticle back
etch the nail plate with file
apply nail pure x 2 to dehydrate the nail plate and leave to dry
apply tips
apply nsi betterbond acid free primer to nail plate
then apply my white then pink.

thanks im very grateful:)

Are you removing all non-living tissue from the nail plate before application?

you arent removing the non living tissue from the nail plate??
unless you forgot to write that dowm
wlcome aswell xxx

doh !! angie quick fingers lol

yeah u mean like dust and stuff ??
sorry to sound like ive not got a clue.
xx

yeah i know and thanx so much i appreciate it:)

its been yonks since i read that article....just makes ya wanna go prep a nail don't it...:lol: x

i was never trained to remove the cuticle ,only to push it back!

could it also be that im applying the product too thick at the cuticle area, i dunno but its like air is getting into them

sorry that im confusing things here
xx

It does sound as if your problem is from not removing the non-living tissue.
Applying to thickly in Zone 3 (cuticle end) can also be a cause, as well as touching soft tissue with your product & not pressing your product into the nail plate enough.

not sure about nsi.. but it has also been said that applying too much primer can cause more problems then good.. I have tried this as at one stage during the Australian summer (lots of swimming clients) i was triple priming.. and sure enough.. less lifting occured when i applied primer just the once.. also be careful not to touch the skin sorounding the nailbed.. keep an area between the enhancement and skin acrylic free.. (if that makes sense) .. I say this because your lifting is occuring after only one or two days.. so it sounds like it has a headstart..
goodluck..

I was going to post a new thread, but found this first. Since we're talking about lifting, I have the same problem. The problem is, the product only lifts on me, on other people it's perfect. I'm using Attraction by NSI (thinking of swapping to Creative though), and I always get lifting a day after putting them on. Could it be my application, seeing as it's on myself?

I was going to post a new thread, but found this first. Since we're talking about lifting, I have the same problem. The problem is, the product only lifts on me, on other people it's perfect. I'm using Attraction by NSI (thinking of swapping to Creative though), and I always get lifting a day after putting them on. Could it be my application, seeing as it's on myself?

Stands a fair chance of being your method of application if it is only happening on yourself. You hold your tools differently when doing you own nails. i get a little lifting on my wrong hand but after nearly 3 years of doing my own this is the bare minimum as I have now learnt how to adjust how I work when doing my own nails.

Do a super dooper prep, be even more thorough than normal and take it easy when doing your own nails, dont rush em. I can take about 2 days to do a full set on myself as I get to the point when I have finished my left hand that I just cant face doing the wrong one so leave it til the next day rather than rushing it or doing a half hearted attempt. i find this works well too.

As we speak i only have one hand done and now I must find the energy to go finish it as i have just washed up and my bare hand is driving me potty with naked nails.

hope you get to the bottom of it

Rachel xxx

Thanks so much for that. I had thought it may have just been me! Heh, at the moment I'm doing them weekly for school, but it'd be nice if they wouldn't lift so much.
I'll try and get my technique down and take my time.
Thanks heaps, once again :)

Hello

Have you always used Aroma free ?

I had problems with lifting when i switched to using it. Thought id give it a go as im pregnant and the smell was making me feel quite unwell. Anyway after experiencing probs with it i gave NSI a call who advised me about the difference in ratio & advised one on one training to get used to the product.

I went back to Attraction ( they exchanged the product for me ) and havent had problems since.

i might be totally barking up the wrong tree but could be the reason for lift it you arent using the right Ratio ?

Stands a fair chance of being your method of application if it is only happening on yourself. You hold your tools differently when doing you own nails. i get a little lifting on my wrong hand but after nearly 3 years of doing my own this is the bare minimum as I have now learnt how to adjust how I work when doing my own nails.

Do a super dooper prep, be even more thorough than normal and take it easy when doing your own nails, dont rush em. I can take about 2 days to do a full set on myself as I get to the point when I have finished my left hand that I just cant face doing the wrong one so leave it til the next day rather than rushing it or doing a half hearted attempt. i find this works well too.

As we speak i only have one hand done and now I must find the energy to go finish it as i have just washed up and my bare hand is driving me potty with naked nails.

hope you get to the bottom of it

Rachel xxx

I so agree with this, it is more than likely your application. Mine used to lift quite a bit, when clients weren't, (well I guess I'd rather have it that way round lol), then I realised I was rushing the prep a bit on mine, also fingering the nails after I'd prepped them sometimes so now I find it's easier to prep and apply each one, one at a time hth x (only on myself that is )

Latest posts

Back