Bikin Wax Nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dee said:
that makes me laugh,i remember the first time i had my underarms waxed by my mate who owns a beauty salon,(she isnt a therapist though) it was for her wedding and coz she has been waxed for years i thought she would be ok at doing it, :lol: well she wasnt! she nearly pulled me off the bed, and i only ended up with one half done, needless to say i went straight on a beauty course to learn how to do it myself, so far i have managed to keep all my clients on the bed ,

Hiya Dee

Glad to see you've mastered the waxing since our course. I've got yet another bikini booking for Monday so I must be doing something right.

Luv Shaza

Hi Everyone

Glad to see your postings. I did a wax course Thursday and was dreading the bikini bit. I was told to give the client a fabric strip and to get her to put it inside and over the edge of her knickers (to protect them), then get her to stretch the area, I was told to trim if too long and to hook the hairs out of the edge of the knickers with the scissors first before trimming, apply the wax and to make sure the strip didn't go beyond the knicker edge. This I did I think and ended up with a few clumps of wax and had to get the trainer over! She cut them out with scissors.

I also think if they have never had it done there before it is pretty painful as I found out when she did me!

Anyone used the PhD system, after using the warm honey wax and seeing how messy one could get, the PhD seems ideal.

Deb379

hi hun did you enjoy your course, i use the phd system, its a bit fiddly at first but after a while its fine, i use the honey wax with it but when i need more think i will try the creme wax and see what that is like, i used creme wax with my pot and always found it fine , the phd system is good though especiallly from the hygiene point of view which i think is really important for your clients, good luck and let us know how you get on , love dee

Hi Dee

I did enjoy it, the trainer was very good.

I see Ellisons offer the PhD and also offer free training, do you think it would be worth doing the training or do you think I could master it? My local salon says she looked at using it but decided it would be too expensive for her in the long run. Do you use yours in a salon or mobile, if mobile how do you cope with the 30-40 mins warm up time?

I noticed with the warm wax in a pot on our course it did fluctuate in temperature and consistency, have you noticed this with the PhD system?

Regards
Deb379

hi with the phd i warm it up b4 i go then once you plug it in and get set up it should be ok, i have been lookin for one of those normal plugs you put in a cigarrete lighter in the car then your phd heater can stay warm in the car , its on the phd video so i will be phoning ellisons to see if they have any ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back