Bikini ingrown hairs help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evienyari

Reaction score
So I've shaved all my life down there and had no problems! I then did a waxing course and started to also get waxed myself (by qualified beauticians). That was last year and since I've had so many ingrown hairs, some of which are cysts with no head and are so painful! Others are fleshy bumps and others like spots. I couldn't even count them all. I've since gone back to shaving the past year to try and avoid them but it seems I now get them with any hair removal method!

I've tried everything but there is mixed advise. I know the key is regular moisterising and exfoliating but it hasn't helped. I've tried tendskin which hasn't worked..some people swear by sudocrean only? Some say magnesium sulfate only...but how often of the above? I'm finding I'm putting on a chemical exfoliator, then moisterising then later sudocrean and no change!

I will be opening my salon soon and need to be able to give clients the correct advise but I still haven't found anything that works!

Any advise please???? Thanks! Xxx

Hi. I have been the same as you, used to shave & get really itchy spots. I found an electric ladyshave was the best, never got as itchy with that. when i started wax training I started waxing & had no problems until recently when the painful cyst like bumps appeared so have switched to shaving again. Sadly I think it’s just your body changing if nothing topical is helping, it can start to disagree with anything at anytime. X

Hi, have you seen your GP ? You may need a course of antibiotics.

Hi some people are just prone to ingrown hairs more than others I've never experienced them but my sister can't be waxed as she gets really bad ones under her arms. The waxing also causes the hairs to be distorted when they grow back so they may grow under the skin also if the skin is vey dry this can also cause ingrown hairs, bikini wax ingrown hair can also result from wearing tight under wear where the elastic rubs. There are topical solutions and products which contain Salicylic Acid to exfoliate and unclog pores after hair removal. Exfoliation and moisturising is very important if you want to have good results from waxing hope this has helped

Latest posts

Back