Bikini Troubles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caz1805

Reaction score
Hi there, Hope you are well.
I'm new to all this so please forgive if this doesn't read right. Hope it isn't too graphic.

I'm having HUGE problems with the good old bikini wax.
I know the general rules of waxing and have no other problems with it, just bikini!!! :cry:

So I apply the wax with the direction of the growth, hold the skin tight and pull the other way. No worries on the upper thigh area where I can hold the skin.
But how do you get the bit on the inner leg near where the bum cheeks are?
Do you know where I mean?
The hair seems to grow 'inwards', should we say over the gap, so how do you pull the hair the other direction, outwards???? Do you apply the wax up or down, and then pull the strip up or down.. I just don't know.
I've been told to ask the customer to pull their leg up but then that just covers the area that I'm trying to get too. Hope this makes sense but I don't want to be too graphic.
I tried this morning again and I actually bruised one of my most loyal customers, so embarrassing.

Please please help.
Thanks and I hope someone can help.
Carrie

when i did my waxing course i was told to get the client to hold firm any personal bits and only to wax what you could see when knickers being worn, (unless youare takin it all off)

If you ask the client to grab her bottom(cheek)by placing the hand underneath and pulling outwards this seperates the cheeks enabling easier access,also ask the client to bring the knee up to her chest or as close as she can this helps keep the skin taut.So the client uses one hand to hold her cheek and the other to pull her buttocks apart.(one cheek at a time)

I hope this is described properly for you and it helps,dont be afraid of asking the client to help,it definately is a 2 man job for the more intimate of waxing.

The other way some prefer is by asking the client to go on all 4's,this does work but I find that it is more comfortable for clients to do it the other way and saves embarrassment for the client.

Try doing small areas at a time as quite often round the bottom area the hair grows in lots of different directions but be guided on the individuals hairgrowth.

Also always apply the wax in the direction of the hair and pull in the opposite direction,it makes no difference what part of the body you are waxing,although intimate waxing can be daunting at first once you have done several it's just a matter of confidence.HTH

I have client laying flat on their backs with just head on pillow.
Make sure hair isn't too long if it is trim it.Adjust bikini to where they want waxed get them to pull up with knickers take the wax down and pull up.Do across top of bikini if required.
I dont get them to cock their leg out unless absolutely necessary as it pops the ligament out you get a hollow and for me its more awkward and thats the bit that bruises easily.So to get the underneath i get them to pull their leg towards their chests which naturally tightens the skin go up with the wax and pull down.You can get their bottom area like this too.
There is a very good tutorial on here have a look at that.

Thanks, I sound like I'm doing an intimate wax here, just a normal one to be honest.
I do tilt their leg and yes I do get that hollow area and that is exactly the area I am talking about, and yes it did bruise this morning.
So, I should just ask them to lie flat with legs straight, do those areas first and then get them to pull their leg up, and do the under area that way?
Maybe thats where I am going wrong then. When the leg is tilted and bent to the side the hair does show outside the bikini area and thats maybe going in too far.
Thanks for that.

With them lying flat and pulling their leg back you will still get as much hair the same as if they cocked their leg out ,it can still get very close.Its worth a try see how you get on. You will find your own way thats best for you, don't be too afraid of breaking away from the exact way you have been taught.It isn't always the best way.
I don't do intimate waxing either so i dont pull any cheeks apart but clients do like the bits off their cheeks as this can be seen if they are lying on their fronts in a brief bikini.
I cant be faffing around with tucking in tissue either, it just gets in the way, so make sure they are not going to actually wear their bikini ,tell them to wear an old pair of knickers or supply disposable ones.

Fantastic, thanks for the advice.
I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. Anything has got to be better than me stressing about it every time someone books in a bikini wax.
Thanks

Hi there, another good tip I've picked up somewhere is to ask the client to hang their leg off the side of the couch when working on the area at the sides of the bikini line. This keeps the area taut but I always get them to stretch with me as well. For me, this method seems to make the ligament 'hollow' a bit less pronounced, if you see what I mean.

I then get them to bring their knee to their chest to do the underneath bit you describe. I also try to get a fair bit of the upper thigh with them in this position while the area is taut as it can be fleshy at the top and tricky to stretch effectively when they are laid on their front. I carry a bikini trimmer with me too so that if the hairs are long I can trim them which helps.

I used to be really tentative with bikini lines and dreaded people booking them, I think you've just got to go for it. If you are confident it will instill confidence in the client.

In fact I'm off to do a full leg and bikini now, wish me luck! :)

hiya hun ! most of ur question has been answered chick so i cant comment further but a waxing tutorial on here is great and has helped me know end ithink it was written by shellie have a look in the tutorial section chick!

Latest posts

Back