Bikini wax complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandita8601

Mandita
Reaction score
I have a new client who's bikini I waxed 2weeks ago. All went well as far as I was concerned. I had been warned previously that she could be a troublemaker, but I took the appointment anyway.
I pre waxed, tested the wax between each strip. After waxed and gave after care advice.
Now two weeks have passed, I see she's been slating me online. Then sent me pictures saying I burnt her.
Has anyone experienced friction burns after waxing? I'm totally convinced it wasn't possible I've burnt her since I checked wax between every strip. I waxed her legs and underarms too with no problem. I should add that she's been abroad for a week since being waxed. There wasn't even much erythema when she was in. Not sure I can post the pics on here for a 2nd opinion
Would you have a timescale for the client to get back to you if they have an issue? I'm wondering why she's waited two weeks and apparently had two beauty therapists look at it. Before even messaging me with her complaint

I have a new client who's bikini I waxed 2weeks ago. All went well as far as I was concerned. I had been warned previously that she could be a troublemaker, but I took the appointment anyway.
I pre waxed, tested the wax between each strip. After waxed and gave after care advice.
Now two weeks have passed, I see she's been slating me online. Then sent me pictures saying I burnt her.
Has anyone experienced friction burns after waxing? I'm totally convinced it wasn't possible I've burnt her since I checked wax between every strip. I waxed her legs and underarms too with no problem. I should add that she's been abroad for a week since being waxed. There wasn't even much erythema when she was in. Not sure I can post the pics on here for a 2nd opinion
Would you have a timescale for the client to get back to you if they have an issue? I'm wondering why she's waited two weeks and apparently had two beauty therapists look at it. Before even messaging me with her complaint

After waxing I get very very very red..for days and sometimes a week after. Probably because on myself I can't get the angle right. But I do sometimes get it when I get someone else to wax me. Kind of like red raised lines. It never lasts longer than a week though.

But I've also been burned. I was young and remember screaming when the wax was applied and begging for it to be removed. The woman laughed and said it's meant to be hot. That is how you end up with an actual burn. Judging by my own wax pot on high heat I'd say she didn't have a clue as it was like fire and hotter than my pot goes. However, as traumatic as it was... The scar lasted around a year. It's gone now. I only see it when I have a spray tan.

There is also hyperpigmentation (or hypo...), Basically when the sun is on those areas after waxing they need tons of suncream or they can easily get pigmented. It rarely lasts, I always get it if I go out I'm the sun and have been doing wax tests on my forearm..they are like a tea stain.

What you need to do is, I know it's difficult but not say sorry. Call your insurance asap and tell them everything, send them any photos she gives you and tell them exactly what you did.

You can send them to me if you don't want to post them. I can let you know whether it looks like the burn I had. Chances are it's not though, probably just waxed over too much without realising, just don't say that or anything til you know what you want to do. You could also search wax burns online and compare.

Also, don't have her for any appts. Your insurer will advise the same. They will tell you exactly what to say.

Latest posts

Back