Bikini wax help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryrose

Reaction score
Hi, just need some advice. Not done a lot of bikini waxes and finding I'm having a few problems. Leaving skin red or even worse bruised. Any tips please?

Are you using strip or hot wax? Make sure not to reapply too many times, no more than twice with strip and dependant on the hot wax depends how many times you can reapply.
And stretch as much as possible!! Even get your client to stretch with you and make sure to pull off effectively along the skin not upwards

To add to the above comment. Make sure you do small strips at a time. Also in this hot weather wax becomes very sticky so be super cautious

Make sure the hair is trimmed and use hot wax

Warm skin is more vulnerable to damage. Prep the skin well. You want the skin to be hydrated enough to not stick to the wax. Try over prepping then pat dry with a tissue. Some waxes can be applied over a teeny smidge of oil. If that doesn't work for your wax, try adding a bit of afterwax lotion to your prewax prep (I do this for legs, with 2 pumps of prewax gel and 1/2 pump of afterwax lotion into the palm of my hand).

I really like outback organics prewax gel for prepping bikini. I never need afterwax lotion with this gel (just the cheap stuff I use on legs) Experiment on your arm to work out how the skin should feel. It should be beautifully hydrated but not wet, if that makes sense. Once you understand how skin should be prepped it makes waxing a doddle.

Alternatively, a wax like Adam and Eve hot wax, requires just a wipe over with a wet cotton pad of their prewax lotion (which is like a facial toner) combined with 1-2 drops of oil. Then hot wax. Voila. Minimal skin support required. While you work on your skill, a good product can really help you out.

Latest posts

Back