Bikini Wax nightmare - advice needed please!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa_Schvartz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

hope you are all well? Im desperate for some advice as i keep having the same problem!!!

When im doing bikini waxes i can do the first bit fine, its when i start doing the underneath bit that i have the problems. Im putting on in direction of growth etc but the wax just doesnt seem to come off. No matter how hard i rub the strip (obviously i can only do it so much considering the area im in!) It just seems to stick there, then i have to put more wax over it as it stops getting sticky which just makes it worse!! Its really embarressing and i feel awful as i know its a sensitive area as it is so me keeping going over it does help then they just think im not very good. What am i doing wrong and how can i stop this?

I m not very confident with that part of bikini as it is and this is making me worse. Please help!!!

My advice would be don't do that bit, can you just offer the side bits?

I also struggle with this bit and rarely do it

We weren't trained to do that area in a bikini wax mind you it was 8 years ago

Is the hair too long if it is trim it.Are you putting your wax on thin enough,are you using a good wax.I prefer cream wax in that area.Are you getting client in good position so you can keep skin stretched.They need to help you too

With right underneath i have them lay flat and pull their leg towards their chest.
Apply a small amount of oil to skin (lots of threads about this so do a search)

Sounds like both of you could do with a bit of extra training on this. Brow Queen and Axiom on here both do training.Have a word with them.

I am getting them to stretch and do it thinly, it could be that it to long. I feel alittle awkward trimming right underneath especially as the hair is not fully showing i.e partly tucked in to underwaer if that makes sence. How do you get round this?

Not doing it isnt really an option since that is why they are coming for a wax as there is hair there!!

I would love extra training!! I have looked before and asked on here but know one knew anywhere as i only want bikini training as im fine on everything else. we didnt really do alot of it at college and all the places ive worked havent done waxing!!

Yes i had the same problem and what I find works now, is to try pulling the strip off in one direction, then apply a new strip and pull off in another direction. I find that the hairs grow in all directions in that area. However, someone else with more experience may say I am completely wrong! x

Yes i had the same problem and what I find works now, is to try pulling the strip off in one direction, then apply a new strip and pull off in another direction. I find that the hairs grow in all directions in that area. However, someone else with more experience may say I am completely wrong! x

Yes wrong in that it can make people sore and you dont really need to do it.If it is trim you can see better what way it is growing you can then do it in smaller patches.
Hairs in knickers can be hooked out with an orange stick and they can pull their own knickers to the side tight.

I am getting them to stretch and do it thinly, it could be that it to long. I feel alittle awkward trimming right underneath especially as the hair is not fully showing i.e partly tucked in to underwaer if that makes sence. How do you get round this?

Not doing it isnt really an option since that is why they are coming for a wax as there is hair there!!

You cant be shy doing a bikini wax this will make them feel awkward.Use a good electric trimmer thats heads can be sanitised use the small beard trimmer.

I would love extra training!! I have looked before and asked on here but know one knew anywhere as i only want bikini training as im fine on everything else. we didnt really do alot of it at college and all the places ive worked havent done waxing!!

Brow Queen has a website which gives details of training and prices.Axiom does workshops in various parts of the country at different times.

when I do the underneath I get them to hang their leg over the side of the couch, It makes the skin a bit more taut although I still get the client to help pull the skin don't be afraid to ask them for help. HTH

Getting them to bring their knee up to their chest really helps in this area. That way the area is kept nice and tight, they can also help by stretching with their hands. I also try and do the top of the back of the thigh at this point.

If the hair is long, I agree, it needs to be trimmed. It makes it easier to see what you are doing when it's shorter. I always try to encourage them to book in every month or so, that way it never really gets too long!

I'm sure you'll get lots more tips ... let us know if you find a better way! x

Hi the best way of doing it, is make sure you stretch the skin really well and only do small sections at a time. Hope that helps :green:
Hi Guys,

hope you are all well? Im desperate for some advice as i keep having the same problem!!!

When im doing bikini waxes i can do the first bit fine, its when i start doing the underneath bit that i have the problems. Im putting on in direction of growth etc but the wax just doesnt seem to come off. No matter how hard i rub the strip (obviously i can only do it so much considering the area im in!) It just seems to stick there, then i have to put more wax over it as it stops getting sticky which just makes it worse!! Its really embarressing and i feel awful as i know its a sensitive area as it is so me keeping going over it does help then they just think im not very good. What am i doing wrong and how can i stop this?

I m not very confident with that part of bikini as it is and this is making me worse. Please help!!!

Thanks for all your help. I do get them to pull there leg up etc, i think i just need more practice and trim more. thanks everyone

Sorry if I' repeating what someone has said but I've just nipped on for a quick minute.

Ok, put a thin layer of warm wax on in a downwards direction, rub the strip firmly, place your clients hand above where the wax starts and get her to stretch the skin. Then, you stretch the skin at the other end and pull quickly. If there are still hairs left, do the same again but put the wax on in the other direction as it may be that the hairs are just growing the other way.

It's all about getting the right stretch and as you pull the strip, stop as you get to the curve of the thigh (on the bone) and move your hand higher so you've now got your hand on the bit you've just waxed.....then complete the pullling off of the strip. Sounds long but it's all done in a couple of seconds. Try using your fist to stretch the skin on the inner thigh as this may halp you.

You all know that I never use strip wax on the inner thigh as it can cause even the slimmest clients to wobble and bruise. Use non strip wax and your waxing life will be a dream I promise you.

TIP: On your clients first visit to you for waxing, say 'Ok Sue, if I take your hand and place it elsewhere whilst I'm waxing, that means that I want you to apply pressure and stretch the skin upwards. It makes it less painful and you'll get a smoother finish.' This way, you can just keep chatting and take their hand and move it without making a big deal of it. They'll soon get the hang of it.

Let me know how you get on. xxxx

You've had loads of good advice so far, especially from the Queen herself. :)

It sometimes helps to use smaller pieces of wax strips on those areas as well. Use a bit thats a bit bigger than what you use for eye brows. Dont use loads of wax and get the client to stretch the area as much as possible. The more you do, the more confident you will get.

i havent done bikini waxes yet, can iask a really stupid question tho, when doing an all off bikini wax do u actually do the 'lip' of the vagina? how far 'in' do you go? the same with the bum? i just curious and hoped to know beofre a start the training. x

i havent done bikini waxes yet, can iask a really stupid question tho, when doing an all off bikini wax do u actually do the 'lip' of the vagina? how far 'in' do you go? the same with the bum? i just curious and hoped to know beofre a start the training. x
No question is a stupid question, so don't worry about asking us lot.........between us I'm sure one of us will be able to help.

First off, you're talking about what's commonly known as a Brazilian and NOT a bikini. A bikini is the hair outside the knickerline. A Brazilian and Hollywood removes all the hair from the labia and right inside the butt crack. xxx

The entire lip and inside is done, as well as the perenium and crack of the butt. Do not attempt the inside of the labia with out an ample amount of oil applied first.

like others have said its definately something you can't be shy with as this will pass to the client making them uncomfortable, i make it clear from the start its an interactive treatment and i place their hands where they need to be, with all of these sort of treatments i try to lighten the mood somehow to put them at ease, hth x

Latest posts

Back