Bikini wax then Veet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josheardown

Reaction score
A prospective new client has enquired about having her first bikini wax. She has explained in an e-mail to me that she wants only a basic bikini wax but then plans to veet the rest of her bikini area to 'tidy it up'. I just wanted to ask you geeks advice before I respond.

My initial thoughts are to recommend having a Brazilian if she wants more of the hair off, rather than half wax, half veet? However it is her first wax and she may be a bit shy about it, therefore my thoughts are to advise that if she wants to Veet the remaining area, then to wait until 3-4 days after having the area waxed, to avoid any skin aggravation.

Would really appreciate your thoughts :)

Thanks geeks xx

I would ask why she thinks this is a good idea? Maybe it's money? Who knows. Clients come up with crazy things? Her hair will all be at different growth stages and all sorts. You would be best to advise her to stick to one or the other really.

But I remember when I was training I waxed myself and found it too sore so applied veet to the rest and it burned like a mother! So I would say wait a good week to be sure. That may be farfetched but veet can burn. I was left with an actual burn mark that scabbed up. Not pretty!

Yes, you're right…….she should wait a few days before using Veet after waxing.

It may come down to money or she might be too nervous of getting it all waxed off. It's not really our business I guess, but if you have the time, you could always offer her a one off half price Brazilian as an incentive to stop using Veet, as long as that doesn't work out cheaper than the basic bikini.

Wonderful, thanks so much for your replies! :)

The only prob with the brazilian is that I don't offer them yet :( so I'd be turning her custom away, but as long as I've advised her correctly and made her aware of all the options. I so need to get myself on your extreme waxing course Kim! Loved the speed waxing, ace! xx

Wonderful, thanks so much for your replies! :)

The only prob with the brazilian is that I don't offer them yet :( so I'd be turning her custom away, but as long as I've advised her correctly and made her aware of all the options. I so need to get myself on your extreme waxing course Kim! Loved the speed waxing, ace! xx

Maybe she knows you dont offer them then and that's why she's suggested this :)

Perhaps, but then she's a new customer wanting her first ever bikini wax, I don't know her and she's coming from the other side of town.... think it's the shellac nails that attracts them! :)

Personally, when you are conducting your consultation, I would ask her if there is any reason that she uses veet. My guess is that she will say it is down to the pain/embarassment factor and in that case I would offer to go as high/far as she feels she can manage or is comfortable with and let her say when enough is enough.

You never know that way she may become a regular and each time let you wax a little more.

I'll admit to using veet down there.

I know I probably shouldn't but my reason for doing it is that it's less hassle than shaving and I'm too nervous to get waxed there (which is ridiculous really because I'm going to be learning it soon so I will deffo have to get over this so I can be a model).

I would guess that the appeal of veet is that it's probably the most effective method of hair removal for those who are put off by the pain of waxing (or the thought of that pain anyway)

Thanks for you responses geeks, I responded to her e-mail saying that I would not recommend the use of veet following a Bikini wax as the veet could cause skin aggravation on the waxed area, however if she was going to use it on the remaining area, then I would suggest she wait at least 3-4 days and be very careful not to overlap the waxed area.

I then said if she wanted to have more hair removed a high leg bikini or a brazilian may be a good option for her, however I understand for a first time wax this could be daunting! If she wanted to discuss her options further she could give me a call or pop in for a consultation.... she's booked in :)

Maybe just book out an extra 15mins for her appointment and when shes there laying on the bed and felt what its like to have a few strips removed if you ask her if she want more doing she might say yes!

Latest posts

Back