Bikini Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hiya - I completed my beauty course in January this year and have been practising lots on friends and family but one thing i can't seem to get to grips with is bikini waxing! The waxing part of the course was quite intense and it was a case of using the strip wax on all areas of the body and that's it!
After reading through some of the posts i realise this isn't the best way to go so could anybody give me some tips on how to perform a good bikini wax (without leaving bits of wax stuck to my client!) and what wax would be best to use for this area please.
Thanks guys - any help much appreciated!!! :biggrin:

Have a look at using hot wax on the bikini instead, there are many fantastic brands and training courses to do to help. With hot wax you cleanse, apply a layer of oil, apply the wax and swirl it into the hair, allow it to harden and peel off, easy, no sticky mess and half the pain!! If you are wanting to stick with strip wax I would cleanse, apply the wax firmly and thinly onto the skin, apply the strip and rub, make sure the skin is stretched appropriately and quickly remove it in a straight back motion. it's all about feeling confident with how to position your client and how to stretch the skin.hth.xx

Hot wax is the best for more private areas so go with that. The training on strip wax should of suggested for future training!

There is also Sugering which i believe works a treat but it's harder to master.

hope this helps
x

I agree with the Hot Wax! I only ever used Warm wax (strip wax) 'down there' and I used to really feel for my ladies when they were going quite red. However the min I used the hot wax my waxing was transformed!! Clients were so surprised at the pain difference and the smoothness plus they hardly went red at all. I used to be scared of bikini waxes too but I love it now. Worth giving it a try xx

Hello Claire

I also would recommend you to use hot waxing as the others have suggested to you, especially for smaller and sensitive areas such as under arm, bikini and brazillian. There are some really good professional after wax oils that can be applied to remove any wax residue as well as soothing the skin after the treatment.

Some therapists do wish to go on hot wax training courses to strengthen their skills and to gain confidence in this area of waxing.

Hope this has helped! x

Use of hot wax on clients requires training in that medium, for insurance purposes, I believe...I dont think it's covered by warm wax training..

Latest posts

Back