Bikini waxing advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky P

Reaction score
Hi,
Today I had a bit of a nightmare with a client who wanted a bikini and full leg wax.

When I was trained how to do a bikini wax the knickers were tied in the middle with a paper waxing strip for ease. I did this today and started the treatment. After waxing the crease of the leg the client mentioned that she would like the hair taken in more so it was more like a G-string shape. So I continued the waxing, trying to get each side the same width, struggling to work on each side whilst manoeuvring her knickers in between. In hindsight it would have been much easier if I had asked her to remove her underwear in order to complete the treatment but it started out as a bikini wax.

Also, It was also my first full leg wax since training and the combined bikini/g-string and full leg wax took about two hours. I felt terrible, thank goodness the lady was so lovely and didn't complain.

Have other therapists had the same problem with clients amending the treatment/asking for extra bits done mid wax and how have you dealt with the situation. It was also a bit tricky with pricing as I waxed more than originally agreed, but because I took so long with the treatment I didn't feel as though I could ask for more.

Any pointers would be really helpful.

Many thanks x

I'm not really sure where the problem lies. I do a full hollywood with the knickers still on. It's no problem if they change their mind and decide to go a bit more. What did you find difficult exactly? Where the knickers not stretchy enough to manoeuvre to the side?

For myself, it would depend on the situation, if I had time after her I would agree to do the extra work, but advise her on what she was booked in and what that consists of and if she would like more, then explain how much longer it will take, tell her the price and let her decide.

If I didn't have time after her, I would just explain that she was booked in for "x" amount of time and I wouldn't be able to offer her a thorough, professional treatment in the time given.

I also always check with clients what we are doing before they even get on the couch. Especially for bikinis cause so many people book bikini line and just assume they can have as much hair as they like taken off. I literally stand there and say, so you are booked in for a bikini line, that's just the sides taken off to your knicker line and the top, is that right? If they say they want more done, you then have the opportunity to give her a pair of paper knickers if you have time to do more or you can straight away let her know that she can only have what she is booked in for.

Hope that helps. You will always get clients that ask for more more more. Just have to learn to say no sometimes! Xx

I'd always do it where possible. In your situation, because of the time, I wouldn't have charged more, but our price list does say 'from' for a bikini wax. I allow 15 mins for a regular bikini but can do a full Brazilian in about 20 so can fly through it. I do no knickers and apply non strip wax on bikini area and as that's setting do upper leg. Full leg wax is one area that people find hard to do. Be methodical. I always do both lower legs then start on upper but you'll find your own way.

Vic x

I'm with Squidernetball I tie knickers with couch roll for bikini wax but anything more than that and it's pants off. Some people ask for bikini but they actually need a g string because it's impossible to get underneath/bum hair with knickers on. If they want more I never charge unless it's going into g string/Brazilian territory then I tell them it's pants off and on all fours!

I'm with Squidernetball I tie knickers with couch roll for bikini wax but anything more than that and it's pants off. Some people ask for bikini but they actually need a g string because it's impossible to get underneath/bum hair with knickers on. If they want more I never charge unless it's going into g string/Brazilian territory then I tell them it's pants off and on all fours!
Thanks everyone for all the fabulous advice. In future I am going to double check before the client gets on the couch exactly what they want.
Warm wishes.
Nicky x

Latest posts

Back