Bikini waxing and hair length

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betsy_P

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking for some advice. i normally shave my bikini line, but want to go for a wax. my question is whether my hair down there is currently too short to be done? the regrowth at the moment is about 0.3 cm...too short?

Hi everyone, looking for some advice. i normally shave my bikini line, but want to go for a wax. my question is whether my hair down there is currently too short to be done? the regrowth at the moment is about 0.3 cm...too short?

I recommend my clients leave at least 3 weeks after shaving before getting a wax. Any sooner and your therapist will be able to get some but not all of the hairs - because hair grows in stages the shorter ones will be left behind and others will still be growing through over the next few days. After shaving, it may take 2 or 3 waxing treatments before you start seeing optimum results, but stick with it and the smooth finish is well worth the effort.

In addition to what Andy said, an easy way to know if the hair is long enough is when you can pinch the hair between you finger tips (not your nails).

I'm with the others. I tell my clients to wait 3 weeks after they last shaved. The hair should be equivalent to the length of a grain of rice.

Latest posts

Back