bikini waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByLee

Reaction score
Im nearly a fully qualified beauty therapist and i am not comfortable doing bikini waxes as ive only done 2 in my whole 3 years of training. There are all different types of bikini waxes and im not very sure on what each are.."hollywood, brazillian" etc. Could someone please give me some tips for bikini waxes

My advice would be to get some practice in doing basic bikini waxes. I would forget about brazilians and hollywood's until you have mastered the basic bikini. Do you have some friends (maybe fellow students?) that will model for you?

Is it the waxing or the contact of the bikini area that you feel uncomfortable about, because Im sure you'll get used to it in time. As Zo Zo said, I would wait until you feel more confident, then take a course in brazilians etc.

Have a chat with "The Wax Queen" on here, she's the best one to talk to about all things waxy!

Ok..........deep breaths !!

Get yourself 5 models and do just a basic bikini line which is in the crease of the leg and any hair just below at the top of the inner thigh. Do that and no more. Get them to pull their knickers up slightly.

Then, get yourself another 5 models and do a high leg bikini which is the same but this time, you wax another line of hair with nice straight edges so that the hair on the pubic mound is in a neat triangle. Get them to pull their knickers high up but if they ask for a landing strip, then this needs to be charged for.

When you've done those, come back and tell us how you got on, then I'll tell you how to do a G String which includes the butt crack and is much more detailed.
xxxx
Leave Braz & Hollywood until you feel really confident with the above.

I know how you feel & I always was nervous about bikini lines but it is true that practice is the only way to learn & build up your confidence.

My only tip that helps me is to take it slow & steady, wax a little bit at a time until you feel more confident & you can't go far wrong.

I am still boosting my confidence & every bikini you do makes the next one easier!

Wax queen, can I ask you a little Q myself please? - can you give us any tips for perfecting that 'nice straight line' please?!

I know how you feel & I always was nervous about bikini lines but it is true that practice is the only way to learn & build up your confidence.

My only tip that helps me is to take it slow & steady, wax a little bit at a time until you feel more confident & you can't go far wrong.

I am still boosting my confidence & every bikini you do makes the next one easier!

Wax queen, can I ask you a little Q myself please? - can you give us any tips for perfecting that 'nice straight line' please?!

Be firm with your spatula as this will help. I don't think you should rely on props but if you really can't manage it, put a new paper strip where you want your line to be and wax next to it so that the wax goes over the top of the strip. Remove the dry strip straight away and then remove the wax that you applied which will have a nice straight edge.

Hee hee, I just made that up.........I amaze myself every day LOL. xxx

You have been given some sound advice on this thread.

Just remember that confidence comes with practice and the more you do the more competant you will become and the fear factor as such will dissapear.

We all have to start from the begining but by helping each other out with advice and tips we can all evolve and become better waxing technicians !!

So practice practice practice!!!

Good luck !!!

Latest posts

Back