Billion Dollar Brows new treatment from Beverly Hills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were considering doing this training on Monday (29th April 2013) at a cost of £399 plus vat including a kit, should do 50 - 100 treatments at £30 approx.
After watching a you tube video and reading this post I am seriously having second thoughts.
I also feel that the treatment does not involve anything I can not already do. Has any one done the training and how have you found it working in your salon.

Ok I'm a but annoyed as I've done this course my clients love it!!!!!! And I've been trained in waxing for ten years it has improved my shape in waxing and helped my clients I've gained new clients and products are flying out the door personally I think other people's training nails is a rip off but I still trained in them if it works then how can u moan about it kerrie wa fab on my day and the company has been wonderful to me so rather than just adding nasty comments when u have not done the course could you not just leave it for others to judge. I really can't believe how bitchy this site can be. Rant done

Hi.
Question to Kerrie / Howard
I was looking into BDBrows training straight after seeing you at ProBeauty this year and I could say that there was training option listed for £150.
Now looked again for dates to book and there is a suprise of £400 ?!
Am I correct?

Being a new and home based therapist and not a great seller I would not shift the retail to the customers.
And I have bought Brow Buddy of you already. Yes its a tool and I do know where the brows do start and finish but it just gives you slightly diffrent aproach to brows.

Being already qualified in brows tint and shape I would use BDBrows as a name to attract customers tbh.

Oh and in my opinion HD Brows training is sky high really for what it is and brand name.

Adrianna @FabnailsBeautyStudio
Sent from my phone via SalonGeek

i have recently done this course and the information knowledge and support you get is faultless.

You have to be trained to take the course so every therapists there had been waxing brows for a fair few years, but im am 100% certain everyone on my course came away having learned a lot of new techniques.

every treatment you do is bespoke for the client, there are no one size fits all stencils being used, it is all down to the skill of the brow artist, and knowledge past on from the tutor.

The course has inspired me to start looking at setting up my own brow bar.

I would like to add i don't work for Billion dollar brows, im just a therapist renting a room in a salon.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

I like that there is no threading required, however it is very expensive, maybe different packages would be more suitable x

I'm interested to but I'm a home based therapist and can't afford £1400. I'd like to know the base price for training and how much kits are for clients as and when they decide to buy them.
As I've been doing nice brows for over 7 years I have decided to avoid further brow training but now I've decided maybe I'm missing out, seriously got to weigh it up please on me info.
And wow what was that unnecessary attack for earlier in thread??? No need!!

I thought the training was £400 'The price for our Billion Dollar Brows Business in a Box training package training is £399+VAT.'

The training is £399 + vat which includes a business in a box package not sure what's in that though?
X

Well then it's cheaper than HD brows? x

the business in a box includeds one of every product, brushes tweezers, powders etc so you can get creating

bite

I am a nail technician who has represented the best products in the world in the UK for over 30 years with more passion than you would believe!! So I am not comparing a product that competes with your very new line. The Beverley Hills references do not attract me either!

We at CND have offered award winning training in the UK for years and years and trained countless professionals who have thriving businesses that support their families. .. We have earned our stripes and still our training prices are so much less than yours it is laughable and we have all the awards and the acolades .. What do you have to justify your prices?? A lot of hype ( which is strange when we have HD brows in the UK and they are UK based and with a history of amazing success). I myself would be more inclined to support my own then something else but that is just my opinion. In nails I cannot do that as there is nothing to compare in ithe UK but in the case of brows, there is .. What's more HD Brows invented the category here in the UK, but still that is up to you to battle out.

Good luck everyone ... But I know who I would support .. And it would be my own, who have a proven success record and by the look of it , many more skills to offer at the end of the training. JMO

Sorry to jump in but I had my BDB today with Kerrie and they are amazing, better than any beautician has ever done. I showed her a picture and she has produced I also brought the pencil after Kerrie filled in my brows and used the highlighter (which I shall be buying next time) I have had standard tint, wax, threading and None of these can compete.

On the other hand I've had CND (shellac I believe its called) 3 times by 2 different beauticians and after promised they will last 2-3 weeks one set chipped after 1 day, the other set lasted 5 days. The polish looked dull 5 days later and your highly airbrushed pictures of nails painted with no cuticle are in my opinion just plan misleading. I followed the after care and its just a rip off.

My brows however are lovely even without the powder and highlighter and will last me 2 weeks for the same cost as a shellac polish that didn't even last.

Again your awards and all that jazz to me mean nothing and as another person said there are plenty of trained beauticians over waxing, producing the same over waxed, plucked, threaded brows, to far apart, to arched, uneven. These guys are working hard to change that trend and they should be praised. I traveled 45 minutes to Kerrie and it was worth it. Enough said.

Oh and I had HD brows which were awful, and they train anybody. Even Katie Price. Is that a company to take seriously and to compare BDB to. I think not.

I have trained in BDB. There are a few very significant differences in this treatment to other brow shapeing treatments out there and all the company in the US who created BDB do is brows.

I have to say that I searched around for 2 years for a branded treatment for brows before finding out about BDB and both the treatment and the products are really very good. The brow boost which was what first led me in BDB's direction does work and it works well.

I had been shapeing brows successfully for years before, so for those that are saying why should they pay to be taught what they already know...its good to pick up new tips and I took lots of tips from this course, its good to keep fresh and hone your skills. The treatment is great to carry out and is very interactive with your client. With regards to costs of training - you pay more for the products than the training, but they have different options available now. The products really are of excellent quality and they are presented beautifully. It is the same as any product that you take on for your business, it is down to you to sell the products to your clients but I would find it very hard to believe the products would be difficult to sell really.

I highly recommend them if you are looking for a great brow treatment and products.

I really just wanted to say how fab Kerie is with teaching BDB. We did the training and during the day signed up for the retail stand and sold through in in 4 weeks. We have done this every month now and I again topped up yesterday when I saw Kerie and again I have sold 10 items before 10am this morning. My stand will need filling up soon I can tell.

Don't just read what others have put negatively as they might not have all the facts right, speak with Kerie and then make up your mind. this has been then easiest brand to take off in my salon without doubt in the 21 years we have been in business. But this has happened due to the training, passion and belief we have in it and our clients look up to us for advice.

Just booking my training with BDB, they have been very helpful and patient with all our questions! The training is £399+vat (about £499) and includes the kit- HD training & kit is over £1240 with vat, so saving £740! There's an offer on where a second therapist is just £150! Myself and a colleague are going and works out at around £340 each! The retail kits are now optional, so you buy as you want so keeps initial cost down as well :-D

Just booking my training with BDB, they have been very helpful and patient with all our questions! The training is £399+vat (about £499) and includes the kit- HD training & kit is over £1240 with vat, so saving £740! There's an offer on where a second therapist is just £150! Myself and a colleague are going and works out at around £340 each! The retail kits are now optional, so you buy as you want so keeps initial cost down as well :-D

Thanks for your kind words. All listings are now on the Salon Geek Events Board. Enjoy your training!

Geeks i have been looking into bdb and ive already had afew clients ask for it!! ;-)

Also a client of my has been to kerri (the uk based salon) and she is begging me to add this to my service!!

Its a wee bit more than HD Brows but the cost to the client is £20 i think .

Defo be adding this to my treatment list also its only a 1day course ;-) xx

What a confusing thread! are we allowed to say how much the training and kit is for this BDB course? Also, is this a new brand? do we know much about it?

What a confusing thread! are we allowed to say how much the training and kit is for this BDB course? Also, is this a new brand? do we know much about it?
I think the up to date prices are on the thread. BDB has been established for some years here is their main website www.billiondollarbrows.com
Kerie Hoy is an experienced Beauty Therapist, she brought the brand to the UK. Get in touch with her company if you would like more info, they are lovely
www.billiondollarbrows-uk.com/
I was seriously impressed with the brand and the training and I continue to use it with success, I think they are going from strength to strength here in the UK because they are focused on great brows,

Hi Guys.

I've just read through this thread and thought it would be useful to point out that we have posted in the 'events' forum on this site.

This will soon be updated, minus, the special offer.

To clarify the training does include a full starter kit - so that you can get to work immediately.

Thanks to those that are helping clear up any confusion.

Please PM me if you have any questions as I'm here to help.

Latest posts

Back