Billion Dollar Brows new treatment from Beverly Hills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did the bdb brow course today at Kerie Hoy salon and I was very, very disappointed!

The most important thing that I want to point out is that it isn't Kerie Hoy who teaches the course although she is the only certified bdb trainer, but another lady who isn't certified to train, she is a lovely lady but not a brow expert!

We asked Kerie why it isn't her to teach the course and she explained that she doesn't have time for it. Instead she chose to pop in and out all day, had a friend over for a chat, went shopping for a while, but what topped it for me was when she put on her cleaning gloves and started cleaning the salon while we were there, having the course. Very unprofessional!

I ended up practising on one brow only because there weren't enough students at the course although it had been sold on a discount for a while and my brows are nice looking but one is thinner than the other.

This was not a good course in my opinion, I am not happy with it at all and I will look for a another brow course with a different company.

Have you complained to them.You should give them a chance to answer and hopefully put things right for you.

Have you complained to them.You should give them a chance to answer and hopefully put things right for you.

I haven't complained to them, Gillian, because I feel we shouldn't have to ask to be trained by the actual trainer and not some other person, we shouldn't have to mention to them it's not alright for them to start cleaning the salon with us there or that it is common sense to greet us when we come through the door and not sit in the office, chatting along and ignoring us for 20 mins. At some point she even had a friend over for a chat in another room what. Kerie is not involved in the training under any form or shape. Which is a shame really because apparently she spent 3 months in the states, learning and perfecting her method at bdb.

I feel that Kerie is misinforming people by not making it very clear that she does not do the training herself, but someone else does it who is NOT a bdb trainer. And that shows!
When I spoke to Kerie on the phone yesterday, in our conversation she mentioned that she will show us her method. Well, that was a lie!

Again... unprofessional and unfair!

I consider this course to be a complete waste of money and time for me.

I wonder what's going on then.She is evidently opening the salon as a training school and I believe working alongside Adam and Eve wax training as well as BDB.Id still complain and maybe she will let you do it again with her.
I know if I was a trainer I'd want you to be happy with your course and confident with the technique.You will be representing their brand afterall.

Oh no that's not good. I would say though that I did mine on the 3rd of this month and it WAS Kerie that trained us with the help of another trainer in the afternoon. You should definitely speak to them if you're unhappy.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well, one of us did ask Kerie why it isn't her to train us and she answered she didn't have time for that, but when I phoned her yesterday she didn't mention anything about it, on the contrary, Kerie told me she will show us her method.

I felt very unwelcomed when we came in and no one acknowledge us for a quite a time and as well when Kerie explained she doesn't have time to train us but she spent the day chatting with hubby and friend, cleaning and shopping. That's just not alright!

If Kerie feels she doesn't have time or mood to train anymore, then she shouldn't sell this service anymore!

It isn't fair on us. Or she should send other people to train for 3 months in the states like she did and become bdb certified trainers and brow experts.

The lady who did train us was lovely, but she wasn't on top of it, at times guessing.

What I saw in Kerie today was a lack of passion for her business and I also felt that Kerie is treating this just as a way to make money without caring how the experience is for us.

It is not the right way to make a name for yourself!

That's the difference between Nilam and Kerie. Even though Nilam didn't deliver the training, her staff was extremely good and confident. We had one trainer per 2 students. Nilam said she is so busy with planning HD master courses, the new range of make up by HD, and she didn't always have time doing the actual HD brows even if they are celebrities.. BUT she does it for the brand! It just shows she is passionate about the company and for us to have a strong brand to work for.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm considering this course

but have a dilemma - any opinions welcome

How do I distinguish this on the treatment menu from a tint and wax?

So at present customers pay £13 for that and I give them fairly similar brows to what I've seen in the pictures - how do I get them to upgrade to the BDB and pay £20?

I would also like to know the answer to this! Don't think getting rid of the regular tint and wax is an option but also don't know if there is enough reason to pay the extra for BDB??

Can't wait for my BDB course

I have to say that I loved my BDB training, I was trained by Kerie herself, she's very passionate about brows, I hated brows before this course but now I love them. I personally would contact Kerie and discuss your issues, if it's the trainers delivery of her class that is the issue here surely your feedback is needed constructive or not, it's some pretty big boots that this trainer has to fill that's for sure.

As for brow marketing why not class it as luxury Brow artistry, I have no problem getting clients for this treatment.

At the end of the day it's down to how much you are willing to pay out for your training, brow services are huge and it will continue growing, just remember the cosmetic magic washes off at the end of the day. I'm pleased I chose BDB :) xx

We took on BDB in November and it has worked really well for us. I made sure that we trained with Kerie herself as I was very impressed with her passion and drive. Anyone who can open a salon and have 9 therapists in 15 months is pretty fab in my book.

As I understand it, Kerie is a master trainer and holds an exclusive license for the whole of the Uk. She travels around promoting BDB - what I know of her schedule makes me feel knackered! She's a bit of a workaholic and it sounds like even on her very few days off she can't stay out of the salon or resist the urge to pull on the marigolds!

Kerie is qualified to train BDB trainers and has set up the arrangement with Carlton to deliver BDB training as she can't do it all by herself. She has recently moved into supporting the trained BDB therapists rather than delivering the training. That way everyone gets a little bit of Kerie magic.

The training itself is fairly basic. There is no magic involved, what I learnt was how to involve the client in the process and share knowledge and a lot of marketing tips. That's what I was paying for really - we know how to shape brows already. However the waxing technique was interesting and also the tweezing and scissor cutting. And the order in which everything was done makes a difference.

One of my self employed therapists is a very skilled threader and does great brows and gives clients tips on make up for brows. We did her brows in BDB style and she went to her hairdressers. Everyone exclaimed over her brows "wow they look amazing- what did you do?" Later one of her regulars came in and I checked her brows and discovered that they weren't quite balanced. Client was thrilled with my reshape and made a note to come back and have a full BDB.

We hardly got to do any hands on in our training day as a lot of the time was spent in marketing and a demonstration. When we came away we still had to do our case studies and we were no way salon ready. So we practised on each other and friends and gradually gained confidence. We did about 6 brows at a discounted rate to invited people and posted the photos on our Facebook and then we ran a promotion on living social which was really successful. Only one of our living social clients was unhappy (she didn't realise that she had a gap in her brows which was revealed after careful shaping) so we learnt to take before and after pics and discuss with the client what the limitations were as we went along.

We gained quite a few regular clients from our living social promo and sold lots of retail products. Since then we've had clients come in because they've googled BDB and found that we are there nearest salon. I'd say BDB is our most successful brand product.

So I guess it's a case of understanding what you're buying into and realising that you are going to have to put a bit of effort in yourself. Three of us went to the training together and one of us doesn't do any BDB and it was a complete waste of her time and my money! But for Alice and I it was the best investment decision that I have made!

I love BDB so much that I pleaded with Kerie and Howard to become a BDB ambassador and promote the product - so if you are in the South West and want a demo or a chat, get in touch. We hope to be offering training in our Bath salon soon as well.

I would be interested to know what skills those of you who trained at Hitchen were taught. I did my BDB course in a Carlton institute and was not taught any new waxing/tinting/shaping skills techniques, just how to use the brow buddy, measuring and the make up. We were left to our own devices to shape and tint our models brows.
We did not go through the retail/trade prices of the products and our tutor couldn't answer some of our questions about up selling for those of us who normally do just a shape and tint.
I kind of feel I have learnt more from the video links sent through from BDB?!

Is this normal in the BDB training?!

Last edited:
I would be interested to know what skills those of you who trained at Hitchen were taught. I did my BDB course in a Carlton institute and was not taught any new waxing/tinting/shaping skills techniques, just how to use the brow buddy, measuring and the make up. We were left to our own devices to shape and tint our models brows.
We did not go through the retail/trade prices of the products and our tutor couldn't answer some of our questions about up selling for those of us who normally do just a shape and tint.

This doesn't full me with confidence as I'm training with the Carlton institute in Cardiff next week :/ I hope it's a little more in depth than that!

I trained in stockport at the carlton institute it was only a class of 4 but she did do step by step waxing (although you already need to be qualified in waxing & tinting) & tinting it may just be covering old ground but we were still shown how to do it.

If you weren't shown Id be complaining.
Xx

Sorry to hijack, but when did you get the video links, can I just ask?

I've been trying to find out if I've passed my cert for more than 2 weeks and it's been a big struggle getting anyone to come back to me. We were told we'd get the videos the day of the training but I have nothing.

I got mine yesterday, and I did the course about a month ago, but not submitted my case studies yet!

I haven't complained to them, Gillian, because I feel we shouldn't have to ask to be trained by the actual trainer and not some other person, we shouldn't have to mention to them it's not alright for them to start cleaning the salon with us there or that it is common sense to greet us when we come through the door and not sit in the office, chatting along and ignoring us for 20 mins. At some point she even had a friend over for a chat in another room what. Kerie is not involved in the training under any form or shape. Which is a shame really because apparently she spent 3 months in the states, learning and perfecting her method at bdb.

I feel that Kerie is misinforming people by not making it very clear that she does not do the training herself, but someone else does it who is NOT a bdb trainer. And that shows!
When I spoke to Kerie on the phone yesterday, in our conversation she mentioned that she will show us her method. Well, that was a lie!

Again... unprofessional and unfair!

I consider this course to be a complete waste of money and time for me.

that's really bad!

How can she let someone who isn't a trainer do the training?

I hate unprofessionalism when it come's to training

that's really bad!

How can she let someone who isn't a trainer do the training?

I hate unprofessionalism when it come's to training
She didnt. Heather is a trainer!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back