Bin Envy ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet we pay more council tax each year and the services become less and less.

My blue boxes (I have 2) are full to overflowing every week, they are emptied every 2 weeks so one for each week. In there i have the odd wine/beer bottle, milk cartons, washing up liquid bottle, all the plastic packaging from fruit etc, any jars like coffee, jam etc, fizzy pop bottles, and tin cans.

In our green bins goes all the normal household waste, we have 2 bags for paper, the brown bin takes food waste, garden waste and cardboard.

All of my bins are full to the brim each week. We already have the maggot and mouse problem. My council leave rubbish all over the path and road, the wont take extra bags with a normal collection so every week its a trip to the local tip, 5 mile round trip and an hour of our weekend to get it all sorted and taken there. I relly begrudge the money spent on doing this to make the council life easier, I pay em nearly £100 a month and get nothing in return, police dont come out, pot holes in road, playground covered in broken glass, dirty pavements, i could go on and on about this.

I do care about the enviroment as do alot of other people, i recycle and also try and watch what i buy but I dont have the kind of income that allows me to buy from a greengrocer and butchers every week, it does cost more in the long run to do this as you have to drive to butcher, then greengrocer, then supermarket, more bags, more fuel spent, more time taken to do weekly shopping.

it's just not as easy as it sounds.

Babysteps

I have recycled paper, glass, plastic and tins for as long as I can remember. But more recently I have made other changes and I have to say, it has not been difficult.

For example, I have 5L bottles of washing up liquid, washing liquid, fabric softener, loo cleaner etc, and I refill a 1L bottle from these. So I never have a washing up liquid bottle or fab con bottle or whatever even in my recycling box. When a 5L bottle is empty, I get it refilled. Seriously.

I buy all my dry goods either without any packaging, or in a paper bag. It really is possible.

Changes in my lifestyle did not happen overnight, they have happened progressively, because I have found out what's available and adapted.

I would rather make these changes of my own volition, than be forced to make changes against my will.

Babysteps really do make a difference. You can change one thing, when it becomes a habit and you discover it's easy you can think about something else to change.

Here in Spain they have a large communal bin at the end of every street, in fact there may be three or four, PLUS recycling bins AND an area to leave larger stuff to be collected. The bins I believe are emptied DAILY! It takes a while to get used to not having a bin at your back door, but it is far more efficient and sanitary. And when I lived in Germany it was pretty much the same.

Can't say I miss the UK at all and all its bungling inefficiency!

I live in the same town as Sassy. Our bins our emptied every day... through the summer they come about 2am to empty them...like she says they are massive green bins and usually come in two's or three's, they are everywhere so you are never more than a few yards away from one. The recycle bins are everywhere too...different ones will be posted at various points...for instance 'our' street has 2 green bins, 1 cardboard bin and 1 clothes re-cycling 'bin'. The other end of the street has the same but the clothes bin is swapped for plastic bottles etc re-cycling bin.

Now my point is...if Spain can get it right...which is actually a developing country and not the richest of countries...why can't the UK???

We pay just 50 euros a YEAR for this service...and if I remember correctly the more we re-cycle the more benefits we get as a town...( can't remember what they are though :smack: )

We are a household of 7 people...the rubbish we amass on a DAILY basis is astronomical. It's all well and good going on about re-cycling but think about this:

• when I visited my mum in the UK earlier this year...we wanted to throw out some cardboard. So on a trip to the supermarket we stopped at the re-cycling centre in the supermarket car park. There was every re-cycling bin you could think of...except CARDBOARD disposal. ( I have one on my street corner remember ). So never mind we thought...we would DRIVE around looking for one. Could we find one??? So the next day we had to DRIVE to the local 'tip' which is about 5 miles or so away as this is the only place for cardboard disposal apparantly!!! What the heck is the point of re-cycling if you have to use the car to get rid of the damn stuff???? Isn't it a bit ironic re-cycling if we have to drive to get rid if it???? ( by the way she didn't have a 'green' re-cycle wheelie bin at this point )
  • How come it is down to the consumer to re-cycle? Why do WE have to sort out our rubbish? Why is it not down to the manufacturer to stop all the ridiculous excess packaging in the first place? It's all well and good to say go to your local market and buy things without packaging. Great if you can do that. But what about my mum? She is only 59 years old but she cannot walk far...she has to use a walking stick too. So she has the use of one hand which she uses for her handbag...her back is bad too so she can't carry weight. So the only real option she has is to buy it from the supermarket, with all the extra packaging this entails. Lets face it...it isn't like the 'old' days where you shopped at the market or the corner shop. Then someone might have helped my mum out but unfortunately that isn't the case now. As it happens she hasn't been able to move out of the house for 4 weeks so I have been doing her shopping online from over here in Spain... how cool is technology???
  • My last point to make ( ahhhhh I hear you say.. thank God ) is if we are ruining this lovely planet of ours with all our 'rubbish' and pollutions...which is causing these extreme weather patterns...how do you explain it when they say ( these are purely examples ) it has been the hottest summer since 1976... that is 30 years ago...what was the excuse then??? It has been the wettest summer since 1800 and odd...so what was the excuse then??? Coldest winter since blah blah...hottest winter since blah blah... Does it not stand to reason these are just normal weather patterns that have been going on since time began? The Ice age...when it all melted was that due to planes...cars...aerosols...???
Okay rant over....as you might be aware, this wazzes me off somewhat... glad I live in a country where I can throw as much rubbish away as I want and will continue to do so until such time that 'packaging to excess' becomes a thing of the past. I will also continue to re-cycle without having to get into my car...!!!

:lol: bet you all have bin envy now...

And NO WAY am I having a compost bin.
It's starting to feel like "the good life".
Maybe next they will suggest that all women give up their jobs and grow their own fruit and veg.
Maybe we all should live in a commune.

Barbara Good, she's my idol she is, lol

I have 3 compost bins:lol:

I don't use the council collection bag for compost, I keep it at the end of the garden, all rotting and smelly. I also put the poo from my hens in there:)

Communes though, I agree, are definitely a NO!!!

ZO ZO I like the idea with the fabric softener and washing up liquid,I will buy bigger in future but......there are still huge problems with the manufacturers.For example we use Darphin in our salon.

The packaging is astronomical,sometimes we order say 20 items and the 20 items will come in 3 BOXES:eek: with this bubble wrap stuff that is enough to wrap my entire familes xmas pressies in.If we are missing a product and have to re-order you can guarantee we will get a huge box,and bubble wrap,this is for example..a lipstick.

Now both my boss and I are very aware of the planet/climate problems etc and we have mentioned to Darphin several times about this issue,does anything change???NO,does it hell as like.So we break down the boxes,pop the bubble wrap(its not normal bubble wrap,much bigger bubbles) and where does it go??In the bin,so I think manufacturers,retailers etc have a responsibility.We all do.

But for goodness sake dont use us as escape goats and give us smaller bins when we have the same amount of garbage.

i too heard this on the news yesterday and was livid when i did, its on eof my biggest pet hates at the moment, we got the supposed fantastic new bin system 4 weeks ago, green bin one week, black bin the next as a family of five ,me working form home and a pet, as you can imagine the 2 bin bags that fit in the black bin wont cut it, w have blue bag for papers collected every week, but we purposly dont buy papers and mags much, we read the news online or watch sky news etc, and the green box for glass and cans, and if we wanna recycle the thing we use more of, plastic and cardboard we have to take it to local recycling centre oursleves , so you often end up sitting in car ruinning the air con, in a huge queue at the weekend while evry other tom **** and harry is doing the same, so much for helping the environment eh? all those extra cars trips must rally be helping

our bin is fitted wih a chip and they are weighing and recording our waste each week, and we will be getting charged from next year according to what we throw away (or so we've been told) now will this be diff for little old man who lives on his own and then diff for us 5.... NO you guessed it,exactly the same how, why wtf!!!!!! arrrggghhhh

ive requested another blue bag as ours got taken weeks ago, ive asked for food waste container, and im still waiting, we are now taking 4/5 bags every week to the tip as only two will fit in black bin, and if you squash them in or leave bin lid open slightly they wont empty them at all, the smell is awful soemtimes, and also we have not entrance to our garden except through the house, so we leave the binbags on our fornt drive, so lovely cats come and rip them open then you have to come and shovel it up etc arrghghgghghg, but we'd need 3 or 4 bins to keep everything in, but if we had plastic /cardboard bins like my mum does in liverpool, that would help immensly, we'd still have extra bags, but it would go a long way to help, i think when we move im gonna convert the utility room and have all those recylcing bins from ikea, and have one for everything, buy myself another jeep (just got rid of one, cos of the taxes and felt it was helping the environment) and start a weekly trip to tip myself, but at the moment its not possible, and hey what the f**k do i pay £120 a month in council tax for then???

this is getting ridiculous, and although i can understand some of the comments about cutting down on buying food in plastic trays etc and use no packaged foods and buying bigger sized washing up liquid etc, this just isnt feasible for evryone, i dont have anywhere to store 5l bottles, and also our asda has done away with banaana in bags, tomatoes in plastic tubs etc, everything is loose and they have brown bags for them, but guess what, my weekly shopping had gone up by £4-5 so ive ditched asda and gone back to tescos, where at the moment i cans till buy stuff in tubs etc, now i dont use ready meals and such so im not using uneccesary packaging, but why should i have to pay more for unpackaged stuff? surely it should be bloody cheaper arrrhghghgghgghh

right now im all wound up and angry again rofl im gonna go wake kids up, so we can go shopping oh what fun lalalalalalalal

great thread btw xxxxxxx

ZO ZO I like the idea with the fabric softener and washing up liquid,I will buy bigger in future but......there are still huge problems with the manufacturers.For example we use Darphin in our salon.

The packaging is astronomical,sometimes we order say 20 items and the 20 items will come in 3 BOXES:eek: with this bubble wrap stuff that is enough to wrap my entire familes xmas pressies in.If we are missing a product and have to re-order you can guarantee we will get a huge box,and bubble wrap,this is for example..a lipstick.

Now both my boss and I are very aware of the planet/climate problems etc and we have mentioned to Darphin several times about this issue,does anything change???NO,does it hell as like.So we break down the boxes,pop the bubble wrap(its not normal bubble wrap,much bigger bubbles) and where does it go??In the bin,so I think manufacturers,retailers etc have a responsibility.We all do.

But for goodness sake dont use us as escape goats and give us smaller bins when we have the same amount of garbage.

One of the reasons I chose Susan Molyneux was because products are manufactured in the UK. Yes, the orders come bubble wrapped, but I re-use it (its the normal size bubble) and although they also use 'air bags', these are recycleable in plastic bag recycling facilities. A recent S/M newsletter states that is their drive to become a carbon neutral company, so glass, plastic and aluminium bottles are recycleable, cartons are recycleable, paper products are sourced from sustainable forests, essential oils are sourced locally and they operate a 'no airfreight' policy.

I don't work in a salon, I work from home, so I am in control of my rubbish (did you know couch roll can go in the compost bin?) but I did used to work in a training establishment and when we took a delivery, I would break the cardboard boxes down and put them in the boot of my car and take them home for recycling, rather than put them in the bin.

i too heard this on the news yesterday and was livid when i did, its on eof my biggest pet hates at the moment, we got the supposed fantastic new bin system 4 weeks ago, green bin one week, black bin the next as a family of five ,me working form home and a pet, as you can imagine the 2 bin bags that fit in the black bin wont cut it, w have blue bag for papers collected every week, but we purposly dont buy papers and mags much, we read the news online or watch sky news etc, and the green box for glass and cans, and if we wanna recycle the thing we use more of, plastic and cardboard we have to take it to local recycling centre oursleves , so you often end up sitting in car ruinning the air con, in a huge queue at the weekend while evry other tom **** and harry is doing the same, so much for helping the environment eh? all those extra cars trips must rally be helping

Why make a special trip? Lots of supermarkets and parks have recycling facilities - just put it in the car when you know you are going to be going that way

our bin is fitted wih a chip and they are weighing and recording our waste each week, and we will be getting charged from next year according to what we throw away (or so we've been told) now will this be diff for little old man who lives on his own and then diff for us 5.... NO you guessed it,exactly the same how, why wtf!!!!!! arrrggghhhh

ive requested another blue bag as ours got taken weeks ago, ive asked for food waste container, and im still waiting, we are now taking 4/5 bags every week to the tip as only two will fit in black bin, and if you squash them in or leave bin lid open slightly they wont empty them at all, the smell is awful soemtimes, and also we have not entrance to our garden except through the house, so we leave the binbags on our fornt drive, so lovely cats come and rip them open then you have to come and shovel it up etc arrghghgghghg, but we'd need 3 or 4 bins to keep everything in, but if we had plastic /cardboard bins like my mum does in liverpool, that would help immensly, we'd still have extra bags, but it would go a long way to help, i think when we move im gonna convert the utility room and have all those recylcing bins from ikea, and have one for everything, buy myself another jeep (just got rid of one, cos of the taxes and felt it was helping the environment) and start a weekly trip to tip myself, but at the moment its not possible, and hey what the f**k do i pay £120 a month in council tax for then???

I don't understand why you need a jeep to go to the tip? Please explain!

Also, how long do you think it's going to be before you have to weigh and pay at the tip?

And seriously, local authorities provide much more than refuse collection.

this is getting ridiculous, and although i can understand some of the comments about cutting down on buying food in plastic trays etc and use no packaged foods and buying bigger sized washing up liquid etc, this just isnt feasible for evryone, i dont have anywhere to store 5l bottles, and also our asda has done away with banaana in bags, tomatoes in plastic tubs etc, everything is loose and they have brown bags for them, but guess what, my weekly shopping had gone up by £4-5 so ive ditched asda and gone back to tescos, where at the moment i cans till buy stuff in tubs etc, now i dont use ready meals and such so im not using uneccesary packaging, but why should i have to pay more for unpackaged stuff? surely it should be bloody cheaper arrrhghghgghgghh

Wow, I am amazed and impressed. I was just saying to my bf last night that I don't think you can buy ANYTHING loose in our local Asda. This must be a pilot scheme or something. But I find it hard to believe unpackaged produce costs more, have you actually compared like for like?

right now im all wound up and angry again rofl im gonna go wake kids up, so we can go shopping oh what fun lalalalalalalal

great thread btw xxxxxxx

I'm still waiting for someone to back me up but yes, great thread

Our bins are collected every fortnight and its horrid...the maggots are never ending. I would agree to fortnightly collections in winter months...but in warm weather it only takes 6 days from a fly getting into your bin to the result of maggots !!!...why should we have to put up with maggot invested bins !!!

The lid is always down...its jet washed every 2 weeks...bags are tied properly...i even spray the bags with fly spray before putting them into the wheelie bin and it still happens.

And lets not even mention the huge increase in fly tipping across the country because of this.

Interesting reading....

Well I have a family of 6 soon to be 7, we are very conscious of our waste, although I have to admit hubby more so than I, he even separates the foil from the plastic wrapper with Quality Street, whereas I am far too busy shoving the next one in!!!!

We have 1 black bin for general houshold waste, but as there are 6 of us we do atm get a bigger black bin. 1 green wheelie bin for garden waste and cardboard and a green box for glass and foil/tins. I have to say that our black bin is never full, even this week after 2 sack fulls of rubbish due to tidying my daughters tip of a bedroom :eek: it is still not full. The recycling bins tend to both be pretty full after the 2 weeks though.

We do NOT get our plastics collected and as others have said the ONLY place that we can get rid of these is at the tip, which is a fair way away and IMO cannot possibly outweigh the emissions from the car. If we had a garage then I would store everything until I had a boot full, but we really don't have the room for bin bags full of plastic.

I think that it would be an outrage if the government forced us to have a small wheelie bin, it really isn't on for a family of 7 to have the same size bin as a family of 3 or a single person. The weighing thing I understand, but again is it really fair for us to have to pay on the same tariff as a single person???? Not only that but our neighbours for example really don't care about the amount of waste they produce and often leave bags of rubbish just lying around, so this weighing thing comes in, we have put our bin out the night before well you can guess what is going to happen can't you. If our bin isn't full you can bet your bottom dollar that some manky person will happily fill my bin up with their rubbish :irked:

I will say again that we ARE very aware of all the rubbish that we produce and even had the re-cycling boxes fitted in our new kitchen, and hubby is making me look into washable nappies :eek:. But the government need to target the big companies, why do all the big supermarkets get away with all the excess packaging that they use?

I use the Tesco home delivery service atm and I signed up for their naked delivery, things are now supposed to come in boxes that they will carry to your kitchen and NOT in bags, what a total farce I still have about 11 items delivered each week in a bag on their own, and I mean things like a single handwash!!! 1 week I kept a record if it and emailed them telling them that this is obviously another scam to make them look good and could they explain to me how this can happen. Were they bothered, NO THEY WEREN'T.

So instead of the government constantly looking towards us little folk to reach their targets why don't they start looking at the bigger picture?

As for the markets with loose good etc, sounds fab, but there isn't anything like that near me as far as I am aware, so again would the car emissions outweigh the good of it?

I have a feeling that if the government try and impose the small bins there will be trouble!

We haven't got bins council do not provide them. we just have black sacks yuk!
the seaguls rip them to shreds and if there is rubbish in the street from the seaguls the bin men do not pick it up! we do have a black box though for recycling. but i agree the manufacturer's are to blame, after all they are the ones packing the stuff.
and as for carrier bags arghhhh (you have got me started now) my friends husband has been working at a tip and a big lorry load of tesco's carrier bags that customers had recycled was dumped:eek:. we will all be given pills next so we do not have to eat.

Ooo'er greenie alert!!
Sorry, but i am a MASSIVE supporter of reducing carbon waste.. I have to say that with my family of 3 i put one small bag of garbage out per week..
Down here we have weekly waste pickup (small bin) fortnightly re-cycle and garden waste.. I love my compost.. (one in the kitchen then one in the garden that eventually goes on the garden) ..
It is up to us to change the way we do things.. If you cant go with out plastic.. re-use the bags.. offset your usage with things like planting one tree a year.. turning off lights and apliances that dont need to be on..:idea:

Im not a radical by any means.. but i am aware that if we dont change now.. our Kids will be left to deal with our mistakes.. this way we are teaching them how to treat the planet they live on.. :hug:..

We have one of those kitchen small boxes as well for the waste food that we dont eat. If there is any waste left over (peelings etc) then I take them straight out to the re-clycling bin as I coldnt stomach the thought of rotting food staying in my kitchen until the little box is full. Therefore quess what our little recylcing box is full of - screws in the garage. hehe.

The two things that bug me though is plastic and cardboard - cant find anywhere to re-cycle plastic which is probably about half of our normal rubbish.

Did I see somebody say that you can re-cycle cardboard in the composting/garden rubbish bin?

We have one of those kitchen small boxes as well for the waste food that we dont eat. If there is any waste left over (peelings etc) then I take them straight out to the re-clycling bin as I coldnt stomach the thought of rotting food staying in my kitchen until the little box is full. Therefore quess what our little recylcing box is full of - screws in the garage. hehe.

The two things that bug me though is plastic and cardboard - cant find anywhere to re-cycle plastic which is probably about half of our normal rubbish. exactly the point I made...where do you get rid of cardboard without having to drive to the local tip? and yet an itsy bitsy seaside town I live in has both plastic and cardboard re-cycling on practically every corner!!!

Did I see somebody say that you can re-cycle cardboard in the composting/garden rubbish bin?

xxx

We can put cardboard in with our garden and kitchen waste Theresa. Thats only a recent thing though. Still got bags for paper and boxes for tins, plastic and glass.

Rachel

Interesting reading....

Well I have a family of 6 soon to be 7, we are very conscious of our waste, although I have to admit hubby more so than I, he even separates the foil from the plastic wrapper with Quality Street, whereas I am far too busy shoving the next one in!!!!

He is positively saintly. I have heard of people soaking the paper wrappers off tins too. I personally don't do this!

We have 1 black bin for general houshold waste, but as there are 6 of us we do atm get a bigger black bin. 1 green wheelie bin for garden waste and cardboard and a green box for glass and foil/tins. I have to say that our black bin is never full, even this week after 2 sack fulls of rubbish due to tidying my daughters tip of a bedroom :eek: it is still not full. The recycling bins tend to both be pretty full after the 2 weeks though.

So, you have a large family and your bin does not get full. You see peeps - IT CAN BE DONE!

We do NOT get our plastics collected and as others have said the ONLY place that we can get rid of these is at the tip, which is a fair way away and IMO cannot possibly outweigh the emissions from the car. If we had a garage then I would store everything until I had a boot full, but we really don't have the room for bin bags full of plastic.

You are right, you should never make a special trip to drop off your recycling.

Do you not have plastics recycling at supermarkets etc? Have a look at your local authorities website, they will list all the recycling sites.

I think that it would be an outrage if the government forced us to have a small wheelie bin, it really isn't on for a family of 7 to have the same size bin as a family of 3 or a single person. The weighing thing I understand, but again is it really fair for us to have to pay on the same tariff as a single person???? Not only that but our neighbours for example really don't care about the amount of waste they produce and often leave bags of rubbish just lying around, so this weighing thing comes in, we have put our bin out the night before well you can guess what is going to happen can't you. If our bin isn't full you can bet your bottom dollar that some manky person will happily fill my bin up with their rubbish :irked:

I agree, a family of 7 should NOT have the same allowance as a single person.

I will say again that we ARE very aware of all the rubbish that we produce and even had the re-cycling boxes fitted in our new kitchen, and hubby is making me look into washable nappies :eek:. But the government need to target the big companies, why do all the big supermarkets get away with all the excess packaging that they use?

Have a look at this www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk

I have met the lady who runs this, she reckons (if I remember rightly) that it costs about £500 to do the whole washable nappies thing, inc detergent and electricity etc, whereas disposables are more like £1300. So not only does it help the environment, it saves you lots of money too.

I use the Tesco home delivery service atm and I signed up for their naked delivery, things are now supposed to come in boxes that they will carry to your kitchen and NOT in bags, what a total farce I still have about 11 items delivered each week in a bag on their own, and I mean things like a single handwash!!! 1 week I kept a record if it and emailed them telling them that this is obviously another scam to make them look good and could they explain to me how this can happen. Were they bothered, NO THEY WEREN'T.

So instead of the government constantly looking towards us little folk to reach their targets why don't they start looking at the bigger picture?

As for the markets with loose good etc, sounds fab, but there isn't anything like that near me as far as I am aware, so again would the car emissions outweigh the good of it?

The market I use is in my road. It visits us twice a month at the local community centre. But I can honestly tell you that many many people living in this area are not aware it exists. You have to seek these these out. If you search things like smallholders associations, and other organic groups, you might be surprised what you find.

I realise hardly any of you live anywhere near here but just in case anyone is interested the market I go to is www.truefood.coop

I have a feeling that if the government try and impose the small bins there will be trouble!

Well done Hope x

Ooo'er greenie alert!!
Sorry, but i am a MASSIVE supporter of reducing carbon waste.. I have to say that with my family of 3 i put one small bag of garbage out per week..
Down here we have weekly waste pickup (small bin) fortnightly re-cycle and garden waste.. I love my compost.. (one in the kitchen then one in the garden that eventually goes on the garden) ..
It is up to us to change the way we do things.. If you cant go with out plastic.. re-use the bags.. offset your usage with things like planting one tree a year.. turning off lights and apliances that dont need to be on..:idea:

Im not a radical by any means.. but i am aware that if we dont change now.. our Kids will be left to deal with our mistakes.. this way we are teaching them how to treat the planet they live on.. :hug:..

This is the crux of the matter. If we don't make changes ourselves, off our own backs so to speak, then we will be forced, and small bins and rubbished being weighed is just the start of it.

Well done littlegrohl :)

Plain brown cardboard, like boxes that your suppliers use, can go in the compost bin but not the printed stuff like cornflake boxes.

We're ok because we have recycling bags from the council for those.

Plain brown cardboard, like boxes that your suppliers use, can go in the compost bin but not the printed stuff like cornflake boxes.

We're ok because we have recycling bags from the council for those.

My stepdad puts conflake boxes in his compost bin. But that's his own personal one, not what's collected. Most of my clan are quite green. It's a way of life, lol

Depending on the outlay, I'm thinking about getting an underground tank to harvest rainwater to flush the loo :)

My stepdad puts conflake boxes in his compost bin. But that's his own personal one, not what's collected. Most of my clan are quite green. It's a way of life, lol

Depending on the outlay, I'm thinking about getting an underground tank to harvest rainwater to flush the loo :)

One of the many rules our council has for waste disposal is that we can't compost printed cardboard but they will collect it for recycling.

The main thing that annoys me down here is that we can recycle plastic milk carton but no other plastic at all. So all those yoghurt pots etc that I have to say we go through loads of with the kids, just has to go into the grey bin.:rolleyes:

One of the many rules our council has for waste disposal is that we can't compost printed cardboard but they will collect it for recycling.

The main thing that annoys me down here is that we can recycle plastic milk carton but no other plastic at all. So all those yoghurt pots etc that I have to say we go through loads of with the kids, just has to go into the grey bin.:rolleyes:

I don't know of anywhere you can recycle things like yoghurt pots, margarine tubs, ready meal containers etc

You could make your own yoghurt lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back