Bio gel lifting near the cuticle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angies nailz

Reaction score
My client has noticed the last few times I've done coloured gel on her nails just on a few fingers just a bit in the corners near the cuticle r liftin. I always make sure I'm not touching the cuticle at all

Was wondering if any one had any tips , when putting the top coat on is it best to just go to where I hav put the coloured gel or is it best to just go over the edge of the coloured gel to seal it better near the cuticle but obviously not touch the cuticle

Would b great if anyone has any
Good advice please thanks

My client has noticed the last few times I've done coloured gel on her nails just on a few fingers just a bit in the corners near the cuticle r liftin. I always make sure I'm not touching the cuticle at all

Was wondering if any one had any tips , when putting the top coat on is it best to just go to where I hav put the coloured gel or is it best to just go over the edge of the coloured gel to seal it better near the cuticle but obviously not touch the cuticle

Would b great if anyone has any
Good advice please thanks

Do you ensure you have properly removed cuticle and if you haven't already tried CND's Scrubfesh you really should consider it!!!

Join the Bio Sculpture group you can search
to your heart's content! :wink2:

Are you being thorough with your prep? X

Lifting near the cuticle is most likely due to skin being left on the nail surface. This client may be particularly prone to it so be really thorough tomake sure you remove all the dead skin on the nail plate, then really 'scrub' over the entire nail with your dual cleanse (or scrub fresh) on a lint free wipe before proceeding with your gel. As for top coat - if you're referring to UV top coat gel, then the manual advises not to take this gel over the edge of the colour gel beneath it (and/or touch any of the natural nail) as this can cause lifting. Best of luck x

Latest posts

Back