Bio Sculp tech would like info on Akzentz

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie5829

Reaction score
I've been using Bio for a few years now and have found it can lift on some ladies. Ive noticed a few Bio tech's on here have been using Akzentz in conjunction with Bio. What Akzentz products would i need to order to do a french, how does it work, and does it cure under the lamp the same way as Bio ? . I had never heard of Akzentz until i came on here.
All helpful comments welcome, Thanks :)

I've been using Bio for a few years now and have found it can lift on some ladies. Ive noticed a few Bio tech's on here have been using Akzentz in conjunction with Bio. What Akzentz products would i need to order to do a french, how does it work, and does it cure under the lamp the same way as Bio ? . I had never heard of Akzentz until i came on here.
All helpful comments welcome, Thanks :)

Nails Plus Beauty - home page is where you can buy it from and get all the info you need. there is also a fab tutorial i shall find for ya !

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/29691-akzentz-tutorials.html

i use calgel, bio, brisa and azkentz .

Bio for its fab colour range for natural nail overlay's - an alternative to polish

calgel for natural nail overlays and sculpting - its stronger than bio imho

azkentz for sculpting and nno's i find more peeps get on with calgel though on the nno front (it's a file off gel)

and brisa for sculpting nno's and toes. (it's a file offgel too!)

Thanks for your help, ive ordered the Akzentz starter kit to see how i like it. I'll let you know how i get on

If your going to use akzentz in conjunction with bio you will need the options range - maybe you should order options clear or the white.

I sometimes finish with a layer of options clear OVER bio (the lifting on bio I find is down to the client NOT wearing gloves whilst using harsh cleaning products) but even the options clear will eventually rot with bleach etc but not as quickly as bio.

It probably wouldnt be reccomended by the suppliers to do the above but it works for me...I experiment with products!!!

hths

If your going to use akzentz in conjunction with bio you will need the options range - maybe you should order options clear or the white.

I sometimes finish with a layer of options clear OVER bio (the lifting on bio I find is down to the client NOT wearing gloves whilst using harsh cleaning products) but even the options clear will eventually rot with bleach etc but not as quickly as bio.

It probably wouldnt be reccomended by the suppliers to do the above but it works for me...I experiment with products!!!

hths

Hiya

Just a quick one...I occasionally use a thin layer of Trilite over Bio as as final sealer....its actually from the Akzentz buff off range, but buffs pretty much the same way as you break the seal with Bio anyway, and then just soaks off with the rest being Bio underneath.

I find this more durable than the Options if you have a client who really needs a good layer of protection over her bio for the above reasons.

It was a nice little tip I originally picked up off Adiva1!

Hiya

Just a quick one...I occasionally use a thin layer of Trilite over Bio as as final sealer....its actually from the Akzentz buff off range, but buffs pretty much the same way as you break the seal with Bio anyway, and then just soaks off with the rest being Bio underneath.

I find this more durable than the Options if you have a client who really needs a good layer of protection over her bio for the above reasons.

It was a nice little tip I originally picked up off Adiva1!

Ah canny - thanks for that.

Will have to try that...do you remove the dispersion from bio or do you apply the trilite straight over the bio?

(I usually apply the options clear straight over bio)

I have also mixed the options brite white with the leftovers of bio white and I get a really strong resistant white (that doesnt shrink back as much)

Any other tips??

Oh - and do you prefer the trilite to the bio 's' gel? (just curious)

Ah canny - thanks for that.

Will have to try that...do you remove the dispersion from bio or do you apply the trilite straight over the bio?

(I usually apply the options clear straight over bio)

I have also mixed the options brite white with the leftovers of bio white and I get a really strong resistant white (that doesnt shrink back as much)

Any other tips??

Oh - and do you prefer the trilite to the bio 's' gel? (just curious)

I apply straight over Bio....did used to remove the dispersion layer but haven't found ant probs wwith leaving it there so now I do.

Mmm, will have to try that with the whites....I hate the leftovers of Bio white - it goes so gloopy.

On the question of whether I prefer Trilite to S-gel, it really depends on what for.

I prefer S-gel as a builder, but Trilite as a tough gloss coat. Trilite is a thinner consistency and i can't build as well with it, so i just use it as a sealer. (Only when doing a Bio overlay though....if I'm doing french, I tend to use Akzentz buff off now....much tougher).

Don't really do much with Options now...the odd set of toes, but I do have some stuff lying around. Maybe its time I tried playing again, but I guess I was spoilt on the shrinkage (or lack thereof!) front with Bio!

I still get frustrated at lining Bio's pocket though....they still tried to force the £40 min order on me the other day when i just needed an emergency colour, despite posting on here that it was just for postage purposes......and I was collecting!

I have never had a minimum order put on me - so havent noticed that.

Again when I am running low on bio clear I have topped it up with some options clear so its 50/50 - works quite well. When I go back 2-3 weeks later the nails look super glossy.

But then again it hasnt worked for everyone - but the vast majority.

Im giving the trilite a go today on a client who peels (but shes a bleach freak - why do women insist on sticking their hands in pure bleach???:eek:)

Latest posts

Back