Bio-Sculpt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Didi

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or used Bio-sculpt??

Apparently this is a product that moulds onto the finger -

Would love to know more and is it worth trying?

Didi

Hullo Didi,

I think you might be talking about Bio-Sculpture. If not, ignore the rest of this.....

I'm not sure you could say it 'moulds' to the finger - I suspect this is a claim made by Bio-Sculpture to lead you into believing it's real easy to use.

It works like a gel system (you apply it in layers and cure under UV - sorry if I'm teaching u to suck eggs here :) )

Bio Sculpture's claim to fame is that you do not need to roughen up the nail plate prior to application and that the formulation of the product actually nourishes the nail plate underneath. They also claim that it causes NO damage to the nail plate.

Make your own mind up about it :)

Jules

Jules wrote:
Bio Sculpture's claim to fame is that you do not need to roughen up the nail plate prior to application and that the formulation of the product actually nourishes the nail plate underneath. They also claim that it causes NO damage to the nail plate.
Now don't get me wrong, I don't diss the product here............

But hate the way Companies feel they have to promote their product, with some misleading facts........
When I read promotion stuff like this, it makes me giggle........
doesn't it you Jules????

We all know that any systems will not damage the nailplate if done correctly.......Sorry if I sound a right old bore here but........and there is always one.......... I feel it is so important to get the fact right, don't you girls !!!!

Roughen up the nail plate..................who does that ?????
We trained Techs know, you don't have to beat the nail plate into submission in order to get great adhesion.............
We don't and shouldn't use more then one light gentle stroke , following the direction of nail growth.

We know that any product will mould itself to the shape of the nail and the enhancement if applied correctly.............
So whats new there ????

So adds like these are very misleading in my opinion and it is just that... my opinion......., I think promoters of products think that we all sit at our nail desk, and file the living daylight out of a nail plate to get our product to stick..........

Good job we all know better then this eh ??????
As for nourishing the nail plate, well I don't know whats in their gels to be honest, so I would have to have more info on this........
But I know the best thing to nourish a nail plate is something like solar oil, is that in there ?????? :D

This wouldn't encourage me to buy their products...............
The more I read about other companies advertisements, the more I realize how lucky I am to be a Creative Tech............
We get all the fact, no empty promises and our products are second to none..................
I rest my case and get of my soap box...........
~Well for a little while anyway~

lots of love Ruth xxxx

Hi

If it is Bio Sculpture you are talking about then it is a gel that you can soak off. It is available in lots of colours and I would suggest that if you were to use this product that you market it as a semi-permanant manicure more than anything else. In my experience with it it doesn't work very well with tips and the end results aren't as good as with Cretaive acrylic or Fabric# - this is just my opinion! After removal of Bio Sculpture the nails of all my clients have been very healthy and undamaged - but that's probably because I'm a damn good tech! lol

Hope this helps
Jenni x

Thanks for the advise girls

The only reason I asked is because I saw it being advertised in a salon!

I wont be trying it!!!!!!!

Didi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back