Bio Sculpture dual cleanse allergy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freyakins

Reaction score
hi there
can any one offer any advice as i seem to have developed an allergy to bio dual cleanse and also sanitizer. doctor said it was eczema caused by a reaction to product.
its not so bad doing clients as long as i wash hands immediately afterwards, but when i do my own nails my first two fingers on right hand are agony nxt day.
i love bio sculpture and dont wanna stop using it .

Posted via Mobile Device

Contact Bio girl. They would know what to do or maybe have an alternative.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's the alcohol. The sanitizer only has alcohol, water and yellow dye.

Contact Bio girl. They would know what to do or maybe have an alternative.
Posted via Mobile Device

hi there
thanks for your reply gotta sort something out x

Hi freyakins

i've just come across your posting and think my wife maybe suffering from the same symptoms, was it dry cracked skin? very tender? if so can you tell me what they recomended?

Hi
I have developed the same thing myself and it is now becoming quite a problem for me when I'm working. Does anyone have advice about this.

Hiya, a salon I use to work at used surgical spirit instead. It worked the same, know u prob shouldn't but it's a possibility with the problems your having x

I have had the same thing with the bio sanitizer, I use the plastic backed hands down wipes.
Take histamine/allergy tablets every morning, wash and dry hands thoroughly.
Then I use a steroid based cream called dermavaite from the docs!
Main thing to do is avoid contact with any chemicals, work clean because you will become sensitive to more nail products if you overexpose your skin to them xx

Lately I have been doing loads of bio sets. I think I have a reaction to dual cleanser so I have been wearing gloves that i hate wearing, just when I remove gels sets and cleansing the nails.
But I'm going to order the sanitizer to see if it makes a difference.

I have like bubbly blister on my fingers.

Hi - I too have developed a reaction to dual cleanse in the last 3 months ago - and interesting so has my colleague. It's mainly on the index and middle finger of right hand (push bottle of dual cleanse). The itching there gets so bad sometimes it wakes me up and is almost unbearable. I now use hair-dressers gloves (but it seems to soak through unless it is my imagination as they are air-tight) - perhaps there are some more suitable ones? I plaster my hands in Aveeno and use a steriod cream from the Docs. It's a nightmare and puts me off using it at all.

I like the idea of plastic backed wipes - can anyone recommend some good ones?

I have had the same thing with the bio sanitizer, I use the plastic backed hands down wipes.
Take histamine/allergy tablets every morning, wash and dry hands thoroughly.
Then I use a steroid based cream called dermavaite from the docs!
Main thing to do is avoid contact with any chemicals, work clean because you will become sensitive to more nail products if you overexpose your skin to them xx

What on earth are you doing using these very heavy drugs every day in order to do nails?? Please try to find out what, specifically, you are allergic to and avoid using it or change your system/products! These have long term usage implications and can be avoided!!

Lately I have been doing loads of bio sets. I think I have a reaction to dual cleanser so I have been wearing gloves that i hate wearing, just when I remove gels sets and cleansing the nails.
But I'm going to order the sanitizer to see if it makes a difference.

I have like bubbly blister on my fingers.

I too got itchy watery blisters when I used Bio Sanitiser.

Now I use Bio Barrier cream first then wear gloves (Nytril are best- found out in Doug Schoon's book "Nail Structure & Product Chemistry".

Also, try using NSI - Nail Pure Plus if those steps are not enough.

What on earth are you doing using these very heavy drugs every day in order to do nails?? Please try to find out what, specifically, you are allergic to and avoid using it or change your system/products! These have long term usage implications and can be avoided!!

They are hardly heavy drugs lol an allergy tablet and a steriod cream which I only use if I have a reaction.
I find it's in most products, acetone, certain creams, isopropyl alcohol, it's a right nightmare. Some gloves do it too, though I can't decide if it's the gloves or if some liquids can pass through the gloves...
I'm fine 99% of the time but I have to becareful that's all.
I've had it years so I'm used to it now. X

Just want to add if I didn't use bio for a week I would still get the same problem!
I use cnd l&p/bio/shellac so I do change what I'm doing frequently.

I too got itchy watery blisters when I used Bio Sanitiser.

Now I use Bio Barrier cream first then wear gloves (Nytril are best- found out in Doug Schoon's book "Nail Structure & Product Chemistry".

Also, try using NSI - Nail Pure Plus if those steps are not enough.

It's weird how many people seem to get these reactions, I never had a problem with cnd products.
Whatever they add to bio products is a serious irritant!

Well the symptoms you have all described are exactly the same as mine. Having spoken to Bio-Sculpture there do seem to be more cases of this hence the new barrier cream. I have had to stop using the solutions altogether and am now using alcohol instead .It has made a slight improvement. I love Bio and have been using it for 8 years but am now wondering if I should introduce a different system as well to help reduce my usage of Bio and maybe ease the problem. Anyone got suggestions? :sad:

Well the symptoms you have all described are exactly the same as mine. Having spoken to Bio-Sculpture there do seem to be more cases of this hence the new barrier cream. I have had to stop using the solutions altogether and am now using alcohol instead .It has made a slight improvement. I love Bio and have been using it for 8 years but am now wondering if I should introduce a different system as well to help reduce my usage of Bio and maybe ease the problem. Anyone got suggestions? :sad:

Yes add shellac, I do alot less bio now and more shellac x
I still get the irritations tho not as bad!

I've also been suffering with this also since last summer the doctor told me it was dermatitis. I narrowed it down to the dual cleanser so changed back to the original green sanitiser, but it still flares up after a while. So I wear gloves all the time now when I'm gelling. When I queried it with bio sculpture they said they'd had no other complaints

Latest posts

Back