Bio Sculpture Executive Base use and application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zingara

Reaction score
There is a lot of discussion lately about the use or not of Executive Base with Bio Sculpture. Executive Base is used to strengthen and condition the natural nail. It helps compress the nail keratin, leaving a strong, durable nail. The added magnesium, vitamins, minerals, calcium and protein keep the nail flexible, preventing it from becoming brittle.

It also assists in speeding up soak off.

However some Bio Sculpture technicians have suffered excess lifting after the use of Executive base and in most cases this is from incorrect usage or wriong positioning of Executive Base on the nail.

I have put together the attached pdf showing the correct positioning of the Executive base. As you can see there is a clear margin all around the nail. If the Executive base is applied near to the edge, then this will promote lifting. Applied as per the diagram it will not promote lifting at all.

On some nails, ie very short bitten nails, it is difficult to leave a clear margin around the Executive Base and in this case the application should be skipped until the nail has attained more length at the 2nd appointment.

The Executive base does need to be 100% dry before gel application and for this, it is recommended to get the client to place their hands in a UV lamp for 4 minutes. The UV is not needed for curing, but the warmth of the lamp assists in drying and as the Executive base is applied AFTER sanitation and dehydration of the nail plate, it helps prevent re-contamination of the nails by the client touching or picking up things.

Executive Base does not need buffing before gel application.

Attachments

• Bio Sculpture Executive Base.pdf
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,228
Great diagrams Lyndsay x x x

Thanks Lyndsay for the technical info and diagrams that is really helpful. I did not know you did not need to buff before gel application. Do you use the bio sanitiser for dehydration etc and at what point do you put do you put the vitamin dose on after the exec base and before going in the lamp? xx

You should prep your nails as normal, sanitise and dehydrate (this can be with either sanitiser or dual cleanse, but my personal preference is Sanitiser) apply Vitamin dose, allow to dry completely (I also place my clients hand in the lamp for this), and then apply Executive base. Executive base is your very last step before gel application.

I think this will help Bio users alot....and non Bio users have a guide to direct people too....xxx

Thanks for clarifying Lyndsay! It is a new thing that you don't need to buff the shine off Executive Base? It will save me a lot of faffing because it was so easy to buff the Executive Base off.

Cheers! xxx:)

Thanks for clarifying Lyndsay! It is a new thing that you don't need to buff the shine off Executive Base? It will save me a lot of faffing because it was so easy to buff the Executive Base off.

Cheers! xxx:)

Yes Chris - they told us at the recent workshops that there was no longer a need to buff off the exec base. The times I have tried it since they have all been fine too.

Great info and diagrams re Exec base - That has halped heaps as I've been getting so confused having been told different things. Will follow what you have said re the Exec base and see if that will stop my nails from only lasting a week to 10 days. Thanks again. xx

Yes Chris - they told us at the recent workshops that there was no longer a need to buff off the exec base. The times I have tried it since they have all been fine too.

Brilliant! Thanks hunny xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back