Bio Sculpture - French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicola x

Reaction score
Hi

I use Bio sculpture gel and have no problems with using colour and them lasting on my clients. But whenever I do French overlays they never seem to last, they always lift. I cant think why they do this as I do the same prep work as I would for colour and they last really well!
Any advice would be great!

Thanks geeks :)

Hi

I use Bio sculpture gel and have no problems with using colour and them lasting on my clients. But whenever I do French overlays they never seem to last, they always lift. I cant think why they do this as I do the same prep work as I would for colour and they last really well!
Any advice would be great!

Thanks geeks :)

I take it they are lifting at the free edge?

Are you capping each layer of white gel? I find the white gel shrinks back a bit. Hence if you do all five nails at one time, by the time you get to the fifth one, your first few have shrunk back a bit - enough for them not to be capped by the time you cure them. I would recommend applying, capping and curing one finger at a time.

Also, sometimes I am prone to getting the white gel on the skin while concentrating on getting the perfect smile line. If that's the case, any gel on skin will lift too.

Those were some solutions that worked for me. HTHs

BIO SCULPTURE FRENCH WHT

Hi, I have recently swapped to using Bio Sculpture (previously used NSI). The problem is the clear gel cures just great, but during the curing of the French White or Colours the gel just seem to dimple and doesn't quite set, preventing me from even buffing out the mess.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong. Am I simply putting too much on? (I thought the problem was because I was using a 36W uv lamp and the lamp was perhaps too hot, but I am still having the same problems with there own proper bio gel lamp (18W) can anybody out there help?:cry:

BIO SCULPTURE FRENCH WHT

Hi, I have recently swapped to using Bio Sculpture (previously used NSI). The problem is the clear gel cures just great, but during the curing of the French White or Colours the gel just seem to dimple and doesn't quite set, preventing me from even buffing out the mess.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong. Am I simply putting too much on? (I thought the problem was because I was using a 36W uv lamp and the lamp was perhaps too hot, but I am still having the same problems with there own proper bio gel lamp (18W) can anybody out there help?:cry:

try 2 thin layers instead of one thick on that should solve your problem.

amb x

amb x

I would just like to second this. I have applied one thick layer before and it was a right mess. I had to file right off to get rid of it. It happened when I would freeze cure it for 10 - big bubbles right away.....

Hi

Just to add that if you apply the bio white too thickly it is more likely to lift as it dosnt seem to cure all the way through. Hence the dimples too, also dont forget to gently stirr your white before you use it.

amb x

I now do two thin coats of Bio white and it works better that way.

Two questions though Minkus - do you do all nails on one hand at a time or do you do less for each layer? And - do you do a full cure on each layer of white?

I can honestly say that I have never had a problem with lifting on any of my french whether they be white or coloured gel.
Firstly I apply a thin layer of sealer gel to all four fingers and cure for 2 mins, then I apply a thin layer of white or coloured gel to all four fingers (not forgetting to cap the free edge) and cure for 2 mins. I then apply another thin layer of white or coloured gel and cure for 2 mins. Finally I apply a layer of s gel and cure for 4 mins. I wipe with nail varnish remover, apply almond oil and there you go.

Any trauma to the nail has almost always been caused by the client. High doses of medication can cause lifting and I have seen this in a couple of clients and once when one of my clients was doing an exceptional amount of cooking, her nno lifted due to the steam.

2 thin layers of white, cap and every each layer of gel and particularly with French, do 2 fingers at a time rather than four.

2 thin layers of white, cap and every each layer of gel and particularly with French, do 2 fingers at a time rather than four.

Yep you are right noodle thats how we were taught although when you get your speed up it is possible to do more than two without problems imho

I now do two thin coats of Bio white and it works better that way.

Two questions though Minkus - do you do all nails on one hand at a time or do you do less for each layer? And - do you do a full cure on each layer of white?

hi ya

my french proceedure is this....

clear 5 nails one hand cure
clear 5 nails on other hand cure ( i work with 2 lamps)
apply white on one nail cure
apply white on one nail on other hand and cure
go back to second nail on first hand and cure
etc etc

when all 5 are done....full cure as you've only 'locked' them all uptill now

clear over 2 nails at a time....cure and always thumbs seperate.

hth amb xxxxxxxxx

hi ya

my french proceedure is this....

clear 5 nails one hand cure
clear 5 nails on other hand cure ( i work with 2 lamps)
apply white on one nail cure
apply white on one nail on other hand and cure
go back to second nail on first hand and cure
etc etc

when all 5 are done....full cure as you've only 'locked' them all uptill now

clear over 2 nails at a time....cure and always thumbs seperate.

hth amb xxxxxxxxx

Exactly the same for me, although I use sealer instead of clear gel. Just don't like clear gel. It yellows too much. I will also judge after the first layer of white as to whether another layer is needed.50% of the time I do 2....50% its only one.

As a complete aside and totally off topic (apologies to the original poster - but I think this is interesting), a little birdy (that shouldn't have) also told me that the clear gel is highest on the sensitivity scale as its the most difficult to cure and often has uncured particles left in it! I tested this with a blob of clear, a blob of sealer, a blob of sculpting and a blob of s-gel on a form....cured them for 2 mins and yes, the clear gel was still 'wet' underneath.

Exactly the same for me, although I use sealer instead of clear gel. Just don't like clear gel. It yellows too much. I will also judge after the first layer of white as to whether another layer is needed.50% of the time I do 2....50% its only one.

As a complete aside and totally off topic (apologies to the original poster - but I think this is interesting), a little birdy (that shouldn't have) also told me that the clear gel is highest on the sensitivity scale as its the most difficult to cure and often has uncured particles left in it! I tested this with a blob of clear, a blob of sealer, a blob of sculpting and a blob of s-gel on a form....cured them for 2 mins and yes, the clear gel was still 'wet' underneath.

Hiya, I always do two thin layers of white and find this works best for me. I usually work on 4 fingers and do thumbs last. When I first started I did two fingers but have found 4 ok now that my speed has improved.

Thanks for letting us know about the clear gel, its interesting to know that. I can remember in training we were advised only a very thin layer of clear on the nail plate, may be this is why? I always finish my french with S Gel as I find the sealer gel goes a bit yellowy. I like to use the Sealer gel to finish the coloured gels and like the fact that it cures in 1 min!
Luv Mrs Bean! xxxxxxxxx:green::)

Interesting!! Hmm.......

When i apply french i do this:

5 fingers clear and cure
4 fingers white and cure
other hand
then thumbs
Another layer of white on 4 fingers cure
white on thumbs and cure
clear gel
sealer gel

I very rarely get any yellowing but i retail my clients cnd super shiney in their after care pack which is a slightly purple colour and contains optical brighteners so it keeps my white's white! (i sound like a wash powder advert! :lol:)

Latest posts

Back