Bio Sculpture gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin love

Reaction score
Biosculpture nails

Is the training worth it?? It’s very expensive! Then is it worth it for mobile gals? The costs of buying training, kit, then products?!

Biosculpture nails

Is the training worth it?? It’s very expensive! Then is it worth it for mobile gals? The costs of buying training, kit, then products?!

I’m a Bio tech...
I am about to change brands. I’ve done bio for 5 years and nothing really changes. There’s new products out there now which are great! It all depends what you want. Originally I wanted “cruelty free, and good for your nails” but my clients just want strength... they aren’t bother with the other bits.
I’ve swapped from bio on a few ladies to a biab and they literally aren’t moving and they all say the strength is fantastic compared to bio.
Xx

I’m a Bio tech...
I am about to change brands. I’ve done bio for 5 years and nothing really changes. There’s new products out there now which are great! It all depends what you want. Originally I wanted “cruelty free, and good for your nails” but my clients just want strength... they aren’t bother with the other bits.
I’ve swapped from bio on a few ladies to a biab and they literally aren’t moving and they all say the strength is fantastic compared to bio.
Xx
I want good for the nails and vegan /cruelty free...

I want good for the nails and vegan /cruelty free...

A whole myriad of such brands out there that are Cruelty free and allergy friendly. Have you considered Light elegance or Gel Bottle? Light elegance in particular also have fiber gel options, which have superior strength.

A whole myriad of such brands out there that are Cruelty free and allergy friendly. Have you considered Light elegance or Gel Bottle? Light elegance in particular also have fiber gel options, which have superior strength.
Feel a bit out of it tbh ... only just getting back into the industry after a break bringing kids up!

Just a note, Gel bottle has a total of about 55% HPMA and HEMA, so not considered allergy friendly.

I opted for Bio Sculpture and you are right, it's been insanely expensive!
In spite of the cost I went for it for these reasons:

Nobody else was offering it for quite some distance from me so not much competition.

It's very kind to nails, vegan, ethical and 5 free.

It has an excellent pedigree.

It's not made available to anyone except trained Bio Sculpture technicians. There are some limited products being sold by third party sellers on Amazon and eBay but they're massively overpriced.

I think they have a good colour selection. Between Bio pots and Evo gels you have a LOT to choose from.

Ironically I seem to spend more of my time applying acrylics as they tick the strength box which Leanejayne mentioned! [emoji23]
However I'm not sorry with my choice because for the ladies who want gel I've found Bio Sculpture easy to sell, particularly with those who want to try something other than Shellac which is hard to get away from around here. Once tried I usually get returning custom. That said I might have experienced much the same by offering another brand.

For mobile teching it's great, I can get the lamp, tools, files, wipes, fluids, gels, aftercare leaflets, pop sticks and other paraphernalia all into a 16 x 12 inch case and carry about 70 colours.

Last edited:
I opted for Bio Sculpture and you are right, it's been insanely expensive!
In spite of the cost I went for it for these reasons:

Nobody else was offering it for quite some distance from me so not much competition.

It's very kind to nails, vegan, ethical and 5 free.

It has an excellent pedigree.

It's not made available to anyone except trained Bio Sculpture technicians. There are some limited products being sold by third party sellers on Amazon and eBay but they're massively overpriced.

I think they have a good colour selection. Between Bio pots and Evo gels you have a LOT to choose from.

Ironically I seem to spend more of my time applying acrylics as they tick the strength box which Leanejayne mentioned! [emoji23]
However I'm not sorry with my choice because for the ladies who want gel I've found Bio Sculpture easy to sell, particularly with those who want to try something other than Shellac which is hard to get away from around here. Once tried I usually get returning custom. That said I might have experienced much the same by offering another brand.

For mobile teching it's great, I can get the lamp, tools, files, wipes, fluids, gels, aftercare leaflets, pop sticks and other paraphernalia all into a 16 x 12 inch case and carry about 70 colours.
Thanks for reply
There is someone quite close to me doing bio Sculpture so hmmm now thinking Gel bottle may be worth looking at although it’s not as know

Can someone explain why it’s kinder to nails v other brands please?

Can someone explain why it’s kinder to nails v other brands please?

There’s no difference from other brands IMO, but it’s an advertising strap line which works for them.

We all know that so long as enhancements are applied and removed correctly, there shouldn’t be any damage to the natural nail.

It has nail conditioners that are applied before the base gel and permeate into the nail over time delivering nutrients and proteins etc. There are a number of different types to suit specific nail conditions.

It’s not to inhibit damage it’s to strengthen and repair the natural nail from pre-existing conditions.

It has nail conditioners that are applied before the base gel and permeate into the nail over time delivering nutrients and proteins etc. There are a number of different types to suit specific nail conditions.

It’s not to inhibit damage it’s to strengthen and repair the natural nail from pre-existing conditions.
Thank you... so do you just do the gel overlay or do you do the extensions too?

The system has base, soft , medium, hard and free edge gels so you can do either.

Latest posts

Back