bio sculpture gel - opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there

Would be interested in those of you who have tried the above system. Are the Bio gels as easy to get of as acrylics - they say they are and don't need filing off. They also say there is no smell. What are the good and bad points?

Deb379

I use this gel and it is great for overlays - easy to soak off, approx 20 mins, but I find it is not that strong if doing sculptured nails

Sue

I also use BioSculpture, and am very happy, as said before - not quite as strong as l&p, butI have found it's more flexible and some clients prefer this.. Although I use l&p as well, i prefer working with biosculpture gel and all my clients are happy. :biggrin:

I also find my rep (Ilona) really helpful, as she's always on the end of the phone if you have any little niggles or probs - which is dead handy.
I've not used any other gels (other than a 'playday' with star nails gel - which I found much harder to work with and required and lot of buffing etc - the end result was not far off l&p. i thin this is the difference between 'european' and 'american' gels - or at least that's what the star nails trainer said.:confused:
Biosculpture needs no buffing, as it is very self-levelling - and cures to a high gloss finish, just a wipe and top coat for protection.

Hope this helps - I'm pretty new to it all so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but if I can get on with it anyone can! It is pretty expensive - but to be honest, all the 'better' products are - at least you can charge a premium knowing the product won't let you down!:cool:

Laura x

i must say i have had bio sculpture nails on quite a few time and i think its great, like said above it's not as hard wearing as l&p but is still great non the less. i must give thanks to the peson that does them too she hasnt been doing them that long but seem like shes done them for ages. so WELL DONE!!!! lol

i too am starting out in business and am probably ging to train with bio sculpture too.

HTH

Star x

Hi there

thanks for your replies, when you say they are not as hard wearing what exactly do you mean?

Deb379

i probably shoulnt say hard wearing, if nails ar put on correctly they all wear well lol!!!

what i mean is bio sculpture tend to be more flexable at the end ie if you 'pinch' the tip bit of the nail at wither side it will move slightly whereas l&p is hard.

hope i explained that ok. if i havent im sure someon probably will do a better job than me.:)

Latest posts

Back