Bio Sculpture Gels differing for clients....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROOPS100

Reaction score
Im beginning to wonder if Im wasting my time with this Gel !!

Why is getting the combination of gels right for each customer just soo difficult ??

For every customer that I get I try my damdest to ensure I select the right combination of gels for the clients type of nails ..

If I start with clear, end with flexi gel then I get lifts. So next time I use Sculpting Gel & end with UV Top Coat & then there fine.

Then on another new customer I try Sculpting & UV top Coat 1st, expecting perfection again but then they get lifts, so I resort to clear, end with flexi. Then they are find....
Then I have others who have had lifts, so they end up being fine with clear base & end with clear, but Ive also implemented the use of primer on the nail bed & then they have been problem free ... !?

Are all soak off gels tempremental like this ??

I always prep my customers nails inline with Bio Sculpture training. I have been using Bio Sculpture Gel for 4 years & I have many happy customers. Im just unhappy at the inconsistancy of this gels performance & how its performance varies soo much per client....

So Im back to my first question of Why is getting the combination of gels right for each customer just soo difficult ?? I simply want the gel to stay on for ALL customers without any pithering / messing around...

Does anyone else use any other Soak Off Gel that isnt so tempremental ?

Any advice would be so appreciated, because I am getting brassed off now...

(PS no gel ever touches the cuticles or side walls, I dont over file the end result, application isnt too thick or too thin. I have hairdressers & cleaners all of which should/could have problems yet they dont.. So why so much variation with this Gels Performance ??

Any Help & advice would be sooo appreciated...

Im beginning to wonder if Im wasting my time with this Gel !!

Why is getting the combination of gels right for each customer just soo difficult ??

For every customer that I get I try my damdest to ensure I select the right combination of gels for the clients type of nails ..

If I start with clear, end with flexi gel then I get lifts. So next time I use Sculpting Gel & end with UV Top Coat & then there fine.

Then on another new customer I try Sculpting & UV top Coat 1st, expecting perfection again but then they get lifts, so I resort to clear, end with flexi. Then they are find....
Then I have others who have had lifts, so they end up being fine with clear base & end with clear, but Ive also implemented the use of primer on the nail bed & then they have been problem free ... !?

Are all soak off gels tempremental like this ??

I always prep my customers nails inline with Bio Sculpture training. I have been using Bio Sculpture Gel for 4 years & I have many happy customers. Im just unhappy at the inconsistancy of this gels performance & how its performance varies soo much per client....

So Im back to my first question of Why is getting the combination of gels right for each customer just soo difficult ?? I simply want the gel to stay on for ALL customers without any pithering / messing around...

Does anyone else use any other Soak Off Gel that isnt so tempremental ?

Any advice would be so appreciated, because I am getting brassed off now...

(PS no gel ever touches the cuticles or side walls, I dont over file the end result, application isnt too thick or too thin. I have hairdressers & cleaners all of which should/could have problems yet they dont.. So why so much variation with this Gels Performance ??

Any Help & advice would be sooo appreciated...

For 8 years I followed the process as instructed by Bio Sculpture.

Then I found this site and started experimenting with my routine. I also went back to basics.

So this is what I now do.

Dry pep using cutie stone which I dip in water, ensure all cuticle removed.

Cut and file if necessary,

Scrub fresh thoroughly ... this is the most amazing product and it is to this step that I place most importance.

Clear gel

Colour gel x 2

Remove inhibition layer

Top coat

Solar oil

I no longer use S Gel or UV gel or Sculpting gel.

When I first started there was only clear and colour gels.

I have NO PROBLEMS EVER anymore even with my couple of lovely ladies who's nails have proved troublesome over the years.

Jacqui xx

Thankyou for your reply....

sooo after the 2nd colour application what finishing gel do you use ? What do you mean by removing the inhibition layer? (Do you mean Sticky residue ??)

Will have to look up scrub fresh, because Ive not heard of it.

I always remove all the cuticle (even the thin membrane that is all the way up the nail bed having watched the very good tutiorial on here some time ago).

Thankyou for your reply....

sooo after the 2nd colour application what finishing gel do you use ? What do you mean by removing the inhibition layer? (Do you mean Sticky residue ??)

Will have to look up scrub fresh, because Ive not heard of it.

I always remove all the cuticle (even the thin membrane that is all the way up the nail bed having watched the very good tutiorial on here some time ago).

After the second colour coat I remove 'sticky residue' and put the top coat on. That's it.

There is a BioSulpture group on this site if you want to take a look, most people may not agree with me regarding three layers.

I can ony tell you how I have improved my routine and the lasting power of the gel on all of my clients.

Scrubresh is a CND product from SweetSquared.

Jacqui xx

Last edited:
Working successfully with any product at all (or combination of products in a system) is trial and error with most clients; the difference being the clients and their different lifestyles. As long as you are solving their problems as you go along, you are learning, and gaining experience will see you getting things right first time more often than not. :hug:

So don't you find that the nails are a little sticky or that the colour wipes off slightly we you don't use a finishing gel?? I have a few problems aswell and I have just ordered scrub fresh to try and help with the lifting and nail prep!

Also what tips do you find best to use with bio sculpture, and any tips on how to use them best, we never covered that on our training, only sculptures x

Yes a small amount of colour wipes away but it makes no difference to the outcome.

I've used lots of different tips including BioSculpture and CND but my preference is for the Edge tips.

The adhesive I use is from CND, cannot think of the name, it might be Airdry ... another wonderful product from CND.

Jacqui xx

Then I found this site and started experimenting with my routine. I also went back to basics.

Scrub fresh thoroughly ... this is the most amazing product and it is to this step that I place most importance.

Clear gel

Colour gel x 2

Remove inhibition layer

Top coat

Solar oil

I have NO PROBLEMS EVER anymore even with my couple of lovely ladies who's nails have proved troublesome over the years.

Jacqui xx

I have a very difficult client that I would like to try with this. What top coat do you use? And have you ever found anyone that this has not worked on. I have a client who has very clammy hands that regular polish and gel polish does not hold up on...

I've used bio sculpture for years and never had any problems, I started off with only sealer as a finishing coat when I qualified but now I only really use s gel as it works well with all of my clients and I would only recommend you stick to bio sculpture products as these are what are designed to work with this system xx

Ok Ive got some scrubfresh & have used it on my clients... Ive not had any phone calls (as yet) telling me theyve had lifts & their next visits arent due just yet, so I cant be sure on the effectiveness of Scrubfresh as yet ..

With one particularly difficult client I have though been 'extra extra' careful with my prep. Ensured Ive not worked the gel too close to the side walls & continued to use NSI primer. I was all fired up expecting the worst with this customer & when I arrived they were in perfect unblemished condition. So good it felt criminal to soak them off ! So maybe the extra preparation & care worked. I have to admit I was really shocked this gel was on because I used the most flexible finish : Clear, 2 colours, finished with Clear. I guess some customers just need maximum flexibility & S Gel & Flexi Gel are just too ridgid for them....

On my own nails I always used Clear, 2 colours & S gel but found that the S gel chipped. So I swapped to Sculpture on the base followed by 2 colours & finish with UV Top Coat. This worked brilliantly but I couldnt budget to buy another pot of UV Top Coat so used Flexi Gel instead. Im finding that my gels are chipping in the 2nd week now, but then I really do tend to use my nails as tools (naughty I know) so lasting 2 weeks is nothing short of a miracle really .... ;)

Will continue to give some feedback on scrubfresh... I must add I really have got to get another pump dispenser because dispensing it from the little bottle it comes in is very annoying ....

I have a very difficult client that I would like to try with this. What top coat do you use? And have you ever found anyone that this has not worked on. I have a client who has very clammy hands that regular polish and gel polish does not hold up on...

I use the Bio Sculpture top coat.

I have only had two clients in over 8 years who couldn't wear Bio successfully after years of wearing acrylics.

They were so used to being neglectful and abusive with their nails that the Bio just couldn't stand up to it.

As I have already mentioned, I had used all the products of Bio Sculpture for nearly the whole of my 8 years of using the product and followed their process faithfully.

After being on this site for a while and researching and reading everything, I made small changes to that process and replaced a couple of products with superior products and am now 100% happy with all my clients nails.

Jacqui xx

Clear gel

Colour gel x 2

Remove inhibition layer

Top coat

Solar oil

Jacqui xx

Thats interesting about no gel top coat but just normal topcoat. Before I trained with Bio and had my nails done in a salon that is what they did and I NEVER had any lifting or chipping.

I am going to try that on my nails again and see how it goes - thanks for reminding me!!!

Jo xx

Thats interesting about no gel top coat but just normal topcoat. Before I trained with Bio and had my nails done in a salon that is what they did and I NEVER had any lifting or chipping.

I am going to try that on my nails again and see how it goes - thanks for reminding me!!!

Jo xx

Haha yes years ago there were only colour gels and clear gel .. that was it.

And the adding of a 4th 'finishing/protecting' layer has come about in the last 3 years or so (don't quote me on that bit as time just flies by).

Jacqui xx

I use the Bio Sculpture top coat.

I have only had two clients in over 8 years who couldn't wear Bio successfully after years of wearing acrylics.

They were so used to being neglectful and abusive with their nails that the Bio just couldn't stand up to it.

As I have already mentioned, I had used all the products of Bio Sculpture for nearly the whole of my 8 years of using the product and followed their process faithfully.

After being on this site for a while and researching and reading everything, I made small changes to that process and replaced a couple of products with superior products and am now 100% happy with all my clients nails.

Jacqui xx

Hiya Jacqui, Out of interest is there anything else other than scrubfresh you would like to share with us ie: youve replaced a couple of products with superior ones (what are these process changes / products then ??)
Look forward to your reply xxx

PS Scrubfresh has been working brilliantly now with the last of my troublesome customers....

Just would like to add for anyone else having problems with gels lifting I followed the advice of using scrubfresh, but I also opted to use NSI nail primer (specifically on one customer who I was having soo much gel lifting trouble with). The problem I now have is that albeit I am doing the following:

Very thorough nail prep
Scrubfresh
NSI primer
clear gel
2 x colour
1 x clear

I can hardly get the gels to soak off & she has absolutely no lifts !!!

I always buff the entire surface layer of the gels to ensure that the seal is broken but it is taking a good 20 / 25 minutes to soak off. (I have a good 20 other customers & theres always come off within 10 incredibly easy without effort). Now Im worried about not using the primer but I need to because each time we have used it, it is managing to take a layer of nail off her even though I am not forcing the gel off... If I just opted to use scrubfresh the question is will this be suffice... ??? I will keep you posted....

PS word of advice dont let 'scrub fresh' surface rub any nail extensions as it turns bio sculptures natural ultra tips polar white.... ooops

Hi,

I've just come across this thread as I have recently had a couple of clients where their nails have only lasted a week before chipping. I do have scrubfresh as I have also done a CND course. I want to try it on my Bio clients but was wondering if you prep, wash hands, scrubfresh then gel or prep, scrubfresh, wash hands then gel?

Also I notice that you didn't mention Dual Cleanse after prep/before gel application, do you use Scrubfresh in place of that?

Can't wait to try this out

xx

I use Bio Sculpture and do a dry pep, scrubfresh, gel.

Why do you use scrub fresh with bio?

I always used the sanitiser to scrub the nail with a wipe - was never that keen on dual cleanse.

But I started using bio around 11 years ago - just clear and colours.

I don't use sculpting gel - but did find it was quite good for smoothing out a concave nail or for infills if there was quite a step in the re-growth. I do like the free edge gel though - very good for extensions.

I dunno if we need all the gels - there are too many to be honest.

Why do you use scrub fresh with bio?

I always used the sanitiser to scrub the nail with a wipe - was never that keen on dual cleanse.

But I started using bio around 11 years ago - just clear and colours.

I don't use sculpting gel - but did find it was quite good for smoothing out a concave nail or for infills if there was quite a step in the re-growth. I do like the free edge gel though - very good for extensions.

I dunno if we need all the gels - there are too many to be honest.

Because it clears the nail plate of everything that should not be there in a way that Bio's sanitiser does not.

I have used all the new gels and agree that (for me) there are too many and I only use clear and colour gels.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back