Bio Sculpture help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calb84

Reaction score
Hi guys I am trained in bio sculpture but I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me? I was always taught to do natural coloured gel overlays with clear gel as base, coloured gel then s g then high gloss top coat just the other day I did this to myself and the nails have cracked- I rang bio and they said to use sealer gel then uv top coat, this seems to have worked, however my question is -if the coloured gel cracks on a flexible thin nail without a flexible top coat, how does someone with thin flexible nails achieve a hard result with colour? I know s gel is the hard gel but it makes coloured overlays crack on thin flexiable nails?? any ideas? thanks

I don't use Bio Scupture, but it could be you just need to put the regular gel on your natural nails as if you were doing a set of tips, then after finishing apply your colored gel. Your base gel (clear), could be a hard gel and your color a soft gel which will crack if you then put a hard gel top sealer on. The hard gel will give you strength and the soft color gel will give flexibility. I've had this happen to me after mixing a glitter soft gel in with my hard sculpting gel. I got horizontal cracks in my nails. The hard gel "permanately" bonds to the nails when soft colored gel forms a bond that is only temporary because it's meant to be soaked off.

I hope this helps instead of confusing you.

thanks for your help, the clear gel is a flexible gel, and I was wondering how anyone who did use bio gets a hard result with coloured gels on thin flexible nails, to avoid these cracks. or is it just not possible? thanks :)

Hi guys I am trained in bio sculpture but I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me? I was always taught to do natural coloured gel overlays with clear gel as base, coloured gel then s g then high gloss top coat just the other day I did this to myself and the nails have cracked- I rang bio and they said to use sealer gel then uv top coat, this seems to have worked, however my question is -if the coloured gel cracks on a flexible thin nail without a flexible top coat, how does someone with thin flexible nails achieve a hard result with colour? I know s gel is the hard gel but it makes coloured overlays crack on thin flexiable nails?? any ideas? thanks

Do you use Bio UV topcoat gel or another UV topcoat? Cos I know that other UV high gloss top coats make Bio either crack or lift. I use S-gel over my colour from time to time (not often though) and have never had this problem. Try using the flexi gel over it. It work for me and its in the middle for hard and flexible . ;)

thanks for the helpful hints. I don't use any other top coats bar bio, I was taught to use the high gloss top coat, iv always used s gel, but only. priced the cracks on a lighter colour, when I looked really close on a dark and they were there. I tried flexi on my mum and they did the same.,with the high gloss top coat.

*only noticed (not priced) damn auto correct :)

I rarely use s gel now, flexi gel is great for most people and I use sealer gel for people with really thin nails. Sometimes it takes a bit of playing around with the base and top coats to get the right combination.

hi hun, keep trying different combinations of the gel to see what works best for you, do your own nails and see what happens with the different combos.

i use sgel on most people but if they have thin weak nails i start them on flexi gel and then as nail condition improves i move them onto sgel, i only use the uv top coat if i have done nail art, if you cure sgel for 4 mins it leaves it glossy enough not to need a top coat. ive always used clear gel as my base have never tried sealer.

ive never seen cracks in the gel but have you checked your bulbs?do they need changing?

hope some of this helps x

hi hun, keep trying different combinations of the gel to see what works best for you, do your own nails and see what happens with the different combos.

i use sgel on most people but if they have thin weak nails i start them on flexi gel and then as nail condition improves i move them onto sgel, i only use the uv top coat if i have done nail art, if you cure sgel for 4 mins it leaves it glossy enough not to need a top coat. ive always used clear gel as my base have never tried sealer.

ive never seen cracks in the gel but have you checked your bulbs?do they need changing?

hope some of this helps x

I do bio sculpture too and am a little confused to What gel is best to use at the end there are so many. Do most of you use sgel? Xxx

Hi, there is a Bio group in the groups section...

I was told if it appears cracked its usually the topcoat that needs removing and redoing...malthough I have only being doing bio since nov and I haven't experianced this yet.

What confuses me is, if the sgel is cracking as it is a hard gel-UV is a harder gel so why does this work better over the top? I understand one of the layers is more flexible but is that not cancelled out when the finish is uv?

(Not slating anyone here-just wondering, as I may be wrong but I can see why bio wants u to use two finishing gels as u'd be using more products, and uv is more expensive than the high gloss topcoat... Just a thought lol) I do think uv looks really shiney, but when I've done it over another gel they seem to lift easier as they become thicker. I now use uv for a finishing gel for toes. Xx

I only now use s-gel for doing extensions as they need the strength. I used to get a lot of lifting when using it as a finishing layer. I use UV top coat now, it's acetone resistant and there is no need to put a polish top coat and find that it works better.

Thanks everyone- and thanks Souz you seem to really know what you are doing :) xo thanks a bunch!

thanks calb84.....its just trial and error to be honest, all us techs do nails differently so we each have to find what works best for us, i always do my own nails and try things out so that i can work out why ppl may have problems. You can always contact bio and ask them why you are having problems?

once you find what works best stick to it but you will find the odd client who will still have problems for whatever reason. It may be something they are using or something they are doing or even medication that they are on. even when a client has no problems at first a problem may develop later on, i had one client who started going tothe gym and was in the jacuzzi alot, her nails had been fine up until then. Just remember you are the tech and it is up to you to get to the bottom of problems.

Kayleighnails, i think most use sgel in general but have flexi for those clients who have weak nails or have converted from acrylic. even with the uv top coat the nails are still relatively flexible. hth

Latest posts

Back