Bio Sculpture lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura718

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Please help. I am a newly qualified bio sculpture technician and all my clients are saying their nails are lifting at 7-10 days. I am mortified and worry this is going to completely ruin my local reputation and then will struggle in this business. It's so annoying as I am following the training completely and my own nails last forever. I have obviously offered to go back to clients and replace all lost nails. I'm just so so disheartened. I also get upset as I cannot get mine as neat as what I see on instagram and Facebook. I come away from every set with at least one thing that's gone wrong and it bugs me!

Please help!

Thank you
Laura

Hello everyone.

Please help. I am a newly qualified bio sculpture technician and all my clients are saying their nails are lifting at 7-10 days. I am mortified and worry this is going to completely ruin my local reputation and then will struggle in this business. It's so annoying as I am following the training completely and my own nails last forever. I have obviously offered to go back to clients and replace all lost nails. I'm just so so disheartened. I also get upset as I cannot get mine as neat as what I see on instagram and Facebook. I come away from every set with at least one thing that's gone wrong and it bugs me!

Please help!

Thank you
Laura

Don’t be so hard in yourself, as you say you’re newly qualified and obviously still need some time to iron out the niggles with trouble-shooting issues.

It’s a cliche I know, but practice and more practice is what it takes, it really does. Saying that, even nail techs with years of experience behind them will beat themselves up over the slightest of issues.

If you are confident that your prep and application do not appear to be the problem, then you may benefit from some additional one to one advice from your Bio educator?

Ah thanks for replying. Yeah possibly. I keep reading on the internet that the bio training isn't what you should actually do which is leaving me completely confused as to what to do! So people say use Scrubfresh and don't put exec base and use soft gel for a base layer! That's all the opposite of what we were taught so I'm left confused and I don't want to use paying clients as guinea pigs, seems unfair. I suppose I don't think I should need one to one after a three day training course.

I have one particular lady who got lifting with Bio Sculpture, it just didn't seem to want to stay on her nails for some odd reason. We experimented a little and found that a very light buffing over the natural nail before application solved the problem.

Thank you for replying. I actually do this with every client, including the ones with lifting which is most of them. Do you use Executive Base on everyone? I've read that can cause lifting.

I do, just a small dot in the middle of the nail so it doesn’t cover the edges.

Yeah that's what I do I just don't know what I'm doing wrong but am speaking to Bio Sculpture today to get to the bottom of it

I would be interested to know what they say. Bio Sculpture is a big investment to have such disappointment. I would hope their customer services are first class to match the prices!

Well Bio Sculpture were lovely and I spoke to an educator there who is fantastic! What she said made great sense. She said I could get lifting due to;
Not getting in close enough to side walls
Not putting the product on thick enough
Leaving debris under the nail from filing
Not thorough enough cuticle work
Getting product on skin, so I need more control
This was from looking at pictures I'd sent her. I'm so new to this but desperate to do better so I'm going to work on everything she said. Just writing it here to potentially help others going through the same thing. She said my work looked really good generally so I have potential to get really really good I'm sure, if I just work on these things. I do blame one thing else on my failure and that is I didn't have loads and loads of gel myself before I trained so I don't have much experience of what it should look like in a way.

Glad you’re getting somewhere.

One other thing I do before putting anything on prepped nails is to wipe them down with a mix of pure isopropyl alcohol and acetone which I make myself. Almost fill a pump bottle with the isopropyl alcohol and then top it up with the acetone. I prefer this because I can be sure there are no perfumes, no colourants and no additives to mess things up. It’s cleansing and dehydrating.

I also see that Bio Sculpture have just released a new product which is essentially a primer ‘for problem nails’. That might help a lot! X

Latest posts

Back