Bio Sculpture... moving on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpleivy

Reaction score
Whoopee! Yesterday I got my Bio Sculpture certificate! A few probs during the assessment, but everything got put right and I was fairly pleased with the results in the end.

Want to improve my sculpting skills now. At the wholesalers I have seen silk (at least I think that is what they are?) in the shape of fingernails. Would these be suitable and/or easier to use for sculpting than cutting your own pieces?

Am having trouble getting forms to sit just right... first of all at the corners of the nail and secondly the right angle/sitting comfortably ( I mean in the right place, not client comfort... dd screams when I push the form under! Wimp!).

thanks to those Bio Geeks that have helped with queries recently.

PurpleIvy

Well done on passing your assessment hun!

I don't find the pre-shaped silk any better - its too big for most nails so you end up cutting it anyway, and its not as good a quality as the Bio silk, as it frays more....making tidying up hell.

Get yourself on the Bio sculpting workshop, its certainly the best money i spent on training....this will improve your skills at sculpting no end, and in all honesty, just practise and play. It will al drop inot place no problem. I used to hate sculpting, but with half a day on the sculpting workshop, and then a bit of practise, i suddenly realised my sculpts were a/ much quicker and b/ not half bad!

I purchased the DVD which has been a real help to me for sculpting. I just couldn't get it to begin with but now dont even think about it. Sometimes if the client has weird shaped nails it can be very difficult to fit the forms so you have to cut them to shape. Wide flat nails are the worst that seem to fan out at the free edge. Practise makes perfect but the dvd will show you how to fit the forms. I never use the horseshoe ones by the way, cant get on with those at all. Always use the rectangular ones.

The oval shape that comes out of the middle of the forms should be stuck to the back to give extra strength to the form. Try this and see what happens.

Failing this do what Lyndsay has suggested and try the sculpting workshop as they will give you lots of help and support.

Its never easy when you first start these things so dont beat yourself up. It took me at least 6 months before I felt really comfortable with Bio.

I passed my assesment yesterday,i was a bag of nerves when i went in , i expected it to be a one on one with me and the teacher,but when i got there she was doing another training session,i was told to sit down and get my stuff out,and then given a list of things to do,and left to get on and do it ,she only checked my work twice during the two hours i was there.I was then assist on wether id passed or not on my final finish.I found this bad surely she should have been checking my prep work,whats the point in having a purfect looking nail if youve got bad prep work underneath,and now it looks like ive got to pay out for a sculpture course that they dont even asses you on???
I am pleased with the product though i dont have so many probs with lifting as i used to with other gels.

I passed my assesment yesterday,i was a bag of nerves when i went in , i expected it to be a one on one with me and the teacher,but when i got there she was doing another training session,i was told to sit down and get my stuff out,and then given a list of things to do,and left to get on and do it ,she only checked my work twice during the two hours i was there.I was then assist on wether id passed or not on my final finish.I found this bad surely she should have been checking my prep work,whats the point in having a purfect looking nail if youve got bad prep work underneath,and now it looks like ive got to pay out for a sculpture course that they dont even asses you on???
I am pleased with the product though i dont have so many probs with lifting as i used to with other gels.

The Assesment is a test and the important thing is to see the final finish. If we were to help you the whole way through it would be a one-to-one workshop, which is a different case. If you are still not sure about anything then please phone us.

Regards

Bio Sculpture South

Whoopee! Yesterday I got my Bio Sculpture certificate! A few probs during the assessment, but everything got put right and I was fairly pleased with the results in the end.

Want to improve my sculpting skills now. At the wholesalers I have seen silk (at least I think that is what they are?) in the shape of fingernails. Would these be suitable and/or easier to use for sculpting than cutting your own pieces?

Am having trouble getting forms to sit just right... first of all at the corners of the nail and secondly the right angle/sitting comfortably ( I mean in the right place, not client comfort... dd screams when I push the form under! Wimp!).

thanks to those Bio Geeks that have helped with queries recently.

PurpleIvy

Well done on passing your assesment. We recommend that you use our Bio Silk as we know how it works and the other one might be fibre glass. With the trouble that you are having with the forms, have you tried using our Sculpture tweezers, or the new square forms? These are different to the old ones and we find them easier at the salon here.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bio Sculpture South

Haya,

Havent visited for a while!

But today, is special, cos i too, have passed my Bio Assesement, and im so thrilled!

Tommorow, allrady have a new client, and the next day!

So happy

I have passed mine too - yippee! Watchout all you Bio and Calgel experts - I'll be hounding you now xxx:biggrin:

Well Christine with your lovely L&P work I didn't doubt you for one second. | just wished you lived near me so you could show me how you work!! Well done

Charlotte

Well done on passing your assesment. We recommend that you use our Bio Silk as we know how it works and the other one might be fibre glass. With the trouble that you are having with the forms, have you tried using our Sculpture tweezers, or the new square forms? These are different to the old ones and we find them easier at the salon here.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bio Sculpture South

I was using the new square forms AND the sculpure tweezers.

I went for the Sculpture training on Monday of this week ( I didn't need to as I did this on my training day last year) at extra expense, as I was told by another geek that it was worth it to have the extra training. I got a set of reuseable forms and find these easier to deal with. Have since done some practising (on myself) and now getting on a lot better. I can't do 'French' on my dominant hand, but can manage most other stuff if I take my time.

I was using the new square forms AND the sculpure tweezers.

I went for the Sculpture training on Monday of this week ( I didn't need to as I did this on my training day last year) at extra expense, as I was told by another geek that it was worth it to have the extra training. I got a set of reuseable forms and find these easier to deal with. Have since done some practising (on myself) and now getting on a lot better. I can't do 'French' on my dominant hand, but can manage most other stuff if I take my time.

Haya,

Are the reusable forms much easier? iv never even tried, would love to know!

Cheers

Opinion within the class of 8 people was rather mixed! I definitely found them much easier. The only time I didn't was when I did a pinky, which was a really tiny finger.

Haya,

Are the reusable forms much easier? iv never even tried, would love to know!

Cheers

I find them useful on myself....and a nightmare on clients. At least on myself I can feel a snug fit, but on clients its very difficult to sense whether they are well fit or not and they end up wincing at me digging the metal edge into their skin occasionally. They are also a b*gger for slipping mid sculpt as they aren't sticky and rely on the wire to hold them in place. Some people simply don't have good fingers for them!

I much prefer good quality disposable forms for clients...either the square ones from Bio (tailored) or performance forms.

Don't forget they need sanitising, if you do try them.

I find them useful on myself....and a nightmare on clients. At least on myself I can feel a snug fit, but on clients its very difficult to sense whether they are well fit or not and they end up wincing at me digging the metal edge into their skin occasionally. They are also a b*gger for slipping mid sculpt as they aren't sticky and rely on the wire to hold them in place. Some people simply don't have good fingers for them!

I much prefer good quality disposable forms for clients...either the square ones from Bio (tailored) or performance forms.

Don't forget they need sanitising, if you do try them.

Thanks so much Zingara, youre always helpful and knowlegable!
I probably am going to stick to the Bio Forms.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reminder about sanitising. Trainer stuck one of the Bio Square forms on the top of the reusable as it's a bit better shape. haven't tried anyone other than me with them yet... Oh, I tried to put one on my daughter, as she screams when I put the paper forms on her! Wimp!

Latest posts

Back